Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Postby Mutt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:26 pm

This week...the world soon knew, that free gamers clicked against a tyrant, that few clicked against many, and before the battle was over, even a god-guild can bleed.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Re: Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Postby DrPhil » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm

The demon gates have been burned down! VV, VVA and those pesky upstarts at T3A rock!
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Vitreous » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 pm

On behalf of everyone at T3A, we would like to congratulate all the players in all guilds that took part in this last week's invasion in the Demon Gates.
Although in the end our score was higher, we could not have hoped for anything closer to an actual draw than this.
Yet again, VV has proven that they are willing to rise to any challenge, no matter how suspect its beginnings may have been. ;)

Thank you Mark for inspiring an idea,
Thank you Phil for making an idea a reality,
Thank you to everyone that endured this week of mind-numbing, totally pointless invasion clicking,
and a very special THANK YOU to all of Vis Veres for being such great sports this last week!

Note: For all those who may believe it is wrong to senselessly kill aliens for sport, we would like you to know that no actual aliens were harmed during the event, and all participation was voluntary without any coercion.

For the sake of posterity, here is a complete list of all damages done, per player, for the Demon Gate invasion, Apr 22-28:

Vitreous

Postby Wargasm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:40 am

clap clap clap ?
Wargasm

Postby etching » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 am

Vitreous wrote:On behalf of everyone at T3A, we would like to congratulate all the players in all guilds that took part in this last week's invasion in the Demon Gates.
Thank you Mark for inspiring an idea,
Thank you Phil for making an idea a reality,
Thank you to everyone that endured this week of mind-numbing, totally pointless invasion clicking,
and a very special THANK YOU to all of Vis Veres for being such great sports this last week!

Boy, would it have killed anyone to announce on the forums *beforehand* that such an event was going to take place?
Mentioning the event on the forums after the fact is pretty useless, IMHO...
etching

Postby DrPhil » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am

I couldnt have said it better myself, Vitreous! You nailed it!

@ etching...The Demon Gates event started out life as a battle between VVA and VV. It wasn't until a couple of days before the event that i felt confident that we had enough to launch a legitimate participation, and keeping the element of surprise was a pretty integral feature of that participation.

If there is enough interest in a few months then i will work with fireyshoe to put on another event, although it won't be to this gargantuan extent we'll try and design something that will allow everyone to participate, should they want to.

.....And to the nosey swine who tried to rain on the parade......better luck next time!
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Pasquale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Nice work everyone on all sides, was a lot of fun and i think everyone has topped their previous invasion record lol
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby etching » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm

DrPhil wrote:@ etching...The Demon Gates event started out life as a battle between VVA and VV. It wasn't until a couple of days before the event that i felt confident that we had enough to launch a legitimate participation, and keeping the element of surprise was a pretty integral feature of that participation.

If there is enough interest in a few months then i will work with fireyshoe to put on another event, although it won't be to this gargantuan extent we'll try and design something that will allow everyone to participate, should they want to.

Why couldn't it have been done the same way for this event, particularly since *you yourself*
announced the previous event last year? So the next event won't be until next year? Gee, thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1112

DrPhil wrote:Hello lovers, as some may know i am planning a battle royale, all guilds slugging it out in a single city for a week.

We will host the event in Oceana in the final Invasion of the month - 30th/31st January depending where you live and all guilds are welcome to participate. Many of the top guilds have already confirmed that they will be attending and it threatens to be a week of lunacy with some mad scores. The Guild that does the most capped damage will win and the heaviest hitter who does the most damage gets to head the leaderbaord.

I know many will think it's a pointless waste of time and i'm delighted that those people have opinions. It is a voluntary challenge, so feel free to join in if you want.- the more the merrier :)
Last edited by etching on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
etching

Postby Pasquale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm

There is nothing stopping you from creating your own 'event'
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby etching » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Pasquale wrote:There is nothing stopping you from creating your own 'event'

Unless the top guilds agree to participate there's really no point of me creating an event. Why even bother?
etching

Next

Return to Facebook Server