Dear Devs

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Dear Devs

Postby Arctica » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:08 am

Ok, the topic name is quite cliche, seeing as more people are actually getting what I would say quite annoyed with the lack of help from the devs to keep this game going for those loyal to it and if any new people join. But this will probably be ignored by them as well but here we go.

Devs, you have without a doubt some of the loyalist players in dream world then probably 60%+ of other online games especially facebook. Now I know you stated before that the average length of an online game is half of what dream world is, but to be quite frankly that isn't true. I can name possibly 3 or more games straight away which are online and like dream world have 2 options the free way or the pay way to play and they have all been going for over 10 years. Yes over a decade and actually still have less of a player base then dream world (deja-vu that I swear I've posted that here before)

You also stated you would consider and expansion if you can justify the use of resources to do it. Well I kinda have some news for you, after 2 years without an expansion or anything besides a pointless level increase once 30 people reach 106 (can't work out what good that will do) and 200 extra ep which probably a fair few will reach before 2 months is up. Why would people spend money? You have all but nearly abandoned this game and yet we still keep playing.

Now there is actually quite a few ideas which doesn't need a full blown expansion one which has been mentioned more time then every single letter I type in this and that is to increase the stat cap! Now you can say that will unbalance the game, but seriously how balanced is dream world? Plus in actual fact you can increase the stat cap and not actually spend massive if any money, but will ultimately make people spend money which would then justify an expansion.

As I was talking to a level 106, fully stat capped player the other day this idea was planned which would ultimately please a lot of people (yes including the fully capped) is to simply make mystery boxes give out a random number of pills between 1-5 instead of the normal 1 pill per box.

This simple change of code will actually make more people play and ultimately spend money, because then more people will build stats a lot quicker then normal, spend more energy knowing they could get a lot more pills. Then more people will end up leveling to 106 for the 4 extra levels but will also allow the need of increasing the stat cap because people will cap all there stats, so increasing the stat cap would be a viable update to the game in say 3-6 months which will again generate more income for the game.

Then after all that and the income has been generated by what is in actual fact one of the simplest ideas, it would justify the need to spend money updating this game.

So there you have it, simple ideas which take barely nothing to actually implement in terms of time coding it or money spent to do it which will generate more income for the game, keep those who are losing interest and probably faith in you keeping this game alive here in dream world, and will stop people constantly nagging and making posts asking for an new expansion least for a year or so.

I rest my case on this although you will probably not read this post or even acknowledge it or grace it with your presence. But for gods sake don't let something which has a rarity just die out in the form of looking for new games which yes actually died probably within a year for a slight bit of cash increase which ended up being used for another game to just die.

(Also those who find fault in my grammar or spelling bare with me been up working since 5am and I am shattered :P)
Arctica

Re: Dear Devs

Postby admin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:44 am

I have read your entire message, but many of your assumption is quite incorrect. We do plan to increase the level cap and there was a thread reply regarding when that will happen. As for stat cap, it make be to your surprise that 99% of game supporters are not stat capped. Those who are stat capped did not spend money to get capped but rather spend endless hours spamming shortcut keys and in few cases running scripts before we caught were able to detect them. If we uncap stats, it would break the game balance and complete favor those players and their guilds in many aspects.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Arctica » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm quite incorrect? Have you actually personally spoke to a lot of dream world players? Sorry if that sound harsh is actually a proper question. A level cap in reality will only just make people play till they level like the 106 where passed 100 isn't really needed just increases your rank which has 0 need in all aspects of the game.

And yes many did farm like mad or use scripts but all but a very few that was in a somewhat ancient past of dream world. This is the here and now and actually the few people I have spoken to actually like the idea of increased pill drop rates which would make people play knowing it wouldn't take an eternity to get seeing as pb rates were dropped prior to me joining and the higher one dropped. Plus as a gunner after my main 2 stats were capped then getting about 1k con there wouldn't really need to be a point of getting all the rest to cap besides enough Intel to max out sp.

But if you increased the actual pill rate as I said a random % of 1-5 pills it would ultimately make people play more and pay for gems. Then after a fair few were completely capped then increase it so it draws the balance of the game up with more people with higher stats then think about increasing the actual stat cap which I actually never said to uncap it more of just increase it
Arctica

Postby Fieryshoe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:45 pm

If you keep giving people INCENTIVE to play, they will keep playing and spending money to support the game. It is that simple. In every game you typically play to advance your character, get stronger, and ultimately progress your character. Once you max out your two necessary stats for whatever class you are....that is pretty much it. You LOSE alot of the incentive to keep playing.

99% of the people may not have their stats capped, but I will bet it is the 1% that does or is close to that has ALOT to do with keeping the game supported and still spends a little. But that is how it works in MOST games. Many people just want to play, have fun, and not dig into their pockets. That isn't your target customer. The ones you want, especially for THIS game, are the nutcases that are still around playing this game that still for whatever reason (me included) spend and support this game. When you lose that 1% or that group that still spends...the game will really be in trouble.

You need to give players INCENTIVE to really play, and xp bonus just isn't going to cut it anymore. If you are worried about the game being unbalanced, then why dont you double or triple the hp of the bosses? Does it really matter if Lucifer dies in five minutes as opposed to three or two?

A big draw to this game, back in the day of course, was racing against other players to see who was strongest. We havent had that in a while. The lure and hook for most popular games is some kind of RACE against your opponents to get to a goal or to be stronger than everyone else. There is parity all across the board in this game and frankly, that sucks and is NOT best for business. A mage with int and dex capped is just as strong as a mage with all stats capped. This game is about damage and not survivability.

Those who are stat capped did not spend money to get capped

And by the way, ADMIN...I take major offense to your statement about "those that are stat capped did not spend any money". Ive been a supporter of this game for years and I have spent alot more money than I should have on this game. I have my stats capped. For you to come out and say such a statement is a big slap in the face to me and some of the other players that have supported this game for years that DID spend money on this game. Would you like me to post emails and screenshots of me spending money on this game? What a damn ridiculous statement for you to make. I have bent over backwards over the years posting on the forums, even creating challenges and contests within my own guild to try and keep everyone active and I have to come on the forums and see such an asinine statement? I play this game alot (obviously) and I spend money on gems every few months to suppport INGRATEFUL developers like you that apparently are out of touch with their own customer base. If you want to ban me, go right ahead, I will take my money and go and support another game whose developers don't slap their customers in the face like that. So, if you feel I am out of line, then go ahead and ban my character (Fieryshoe, guild leader of Vis Veres ) and lose one of your best customers in the process. If you don't ban me, then perhaps you should apologize to me and the rest of your customers that you just offended that do not "spend any money".
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby juansoka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:46 pm

I didnt spend much money in DW but i did a lot of offers to Earn Gems for free and It was a 4 years long process to cap my attributes and the players that did cap in a short time I highly doubt that they did it for free. Its really simple math - if you cap the game you cap the money and thats what happening with DW - imagine if you go to McDonalds and all you can order is a burger and fries do you really think they would make billions selling just 1 type of burger and fries :roll:
juansoka

Postby admin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:14 am

Hi Fieryshoe,

There is a big difference between what I wrote "Those who are stat capped did not spend money to get capped" and what you interpreted as "those that are stat capped did not spend any money". The previous just meant the majority of stat increase toward the stat cap was not from the Gems bought but from constant farming of MBs. There is a reason I wrote that way because I know you have been supporting the game and have done so even recently after been capped. But unfortunately you still misunderstood the message and I apologize if it wasn't clear enough.

Anyways, MB will not be changed to 1-5 pills nor will stat be uncapped. This is because damage from stat increase is non-linear and having the current cap stat is already broken. The only way we would consider uncap stat is we cap the effect it has on damage which sort defeats the purpose.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pasquale » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:02 am

So the most commonly called for update (one which i would imagine wouldn't take much at all to implement), that clearly would get more people playing... more people playing = more people paying... that's just common sense won't get implemented because you're afraid it'll 'break' the game? You guys are so out of touch with your fanbase that it isn't even funny.....
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:01 am

ok, since you have stated on several occasions that you will not raise the cap on stats will you at least consider giving us new content? We have mentioned this on several occasion, and there are a lot of players who would love to reverse the alien portal and invade the their homeworld. Others would love to take the fight to the motherships in the different cities. Can you at least make one of these scenarios happen?

The Alien Mothership could be open to all levels that can hit Invasion, while the Alien Portal/Attack on Home World could be for 106 level.

Something to think about anyways
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Arctica » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 am

Pasquale wrote:You guys are so out of touch with your fanbase that it isn't even funny.....

For once I agree with you instead of adding what people want they add levels with no incentive to actually bother to reach them, why reach 106+ when you can do everything at level 100, as for the stat cap breaking the game, well it already is majorly unbalanced, but hey 2 years no expansions may as well let us have fun or just do nothing... With the later being the most probable option.

Honestly devs I do believe you are and will continue to lose the respect and support of dream world players while you sit around and do basically nothing, but use the money from dream world to make other games which most seem to actually be dead or will be soon from lack of expansions seeing most haven't been touched since last year. So please do continue before long you will soon have very little player base left on what could be a great game again because of your lack of intelligence and basing what the players want without actually talking to them

EDIT: By the way devs, do you really know why no one bar a few actually cap every single stat? After you have capped your main 2 and have max block and sp there really isn't any point of doing the rest, it offers no benefit
Arctica

Postby debann » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 pm

I have a question. This basically seems to be about there not being enough money available to add new content. I'm curious about how much money it would require for us to get something new. Is there a minimum amount that you would need ? Maybe if we knew how much was required we could figure out a way to fund a new expansion. Thank you.
debann

Next

Return to Facebook Server