Miles Rewards

Re: Miles Rewards

Postby ggggt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 am

Why should a player who has something get to decide that a new player who doesn't have it should never get a chance. If i started yesterday and want to spend $300 on an old dragon boss who are you to tell me I can't do that? Yeah you worked hard for it. And you were rewarded for that hard work. New player wants to give playmage money to support the game I love so they can keep making more content that I will enjoy, why would I have a problem with that. Bunch of greedy try hards if you ask me. If you think that new players shouldnt be able to buy a card then I guess we can always recycle the bosses again so new players can actually have fun. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game. My 8 star Atropos is the envy of many of my mates. If they make that a card that a player can earn in guild war do you think it's unfair to me since i paid so much for it? No! Because i have gotten to enjoy the benefits of that card for months longer than all those players! A few whiny players shouldnt have that much influence over hundreds of other players.

Playmage you rock. Really love this game and all the new content you've given us. I see no reason that you can't let new players who have the money throw their money at you. It will make the game better.

Also if this new goddess of chaos has wild symbols appear guaranteed instead of just a chance i will buy 4 of them quicker then i can snap my fingers. Just throwing that out there lol...

Sorry didn't mean to get so testy, just hate when the "Have's" start dictating the lives of the "have-nots"
ggggt

Postby Roxie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 am

Wasn't dictating... just posted my thoughts and comments just as you are...
Roxie

Postby arcthelad » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Those subbed prizes are lame. How about the developers work a little over time, and just put KING SOLOMON up there!!!!!!
arcthelad

Postby admin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. It sounds like there are still players who want to protect their guild war efforts regardless how long it has passed, which we can understand. We are planning on replacing it's spot (and the earth solider in it's current place) with a 7-star Kirin for 12K miles, which both allows new players a chance to support the game to obtain the famous first limited event recruit card from a year ago, and does not devaluate guild war efforts.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ggggt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Oh god you just blew my mind playmage!!! There goes my pay check...
ggggt

Postby Armand Star » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:15 pm

more feedback:

this one is for the players that earned Hayyel on GW:
no, getting Hayyel on miles is not "easy" or "for nothing".
it may be efortless in the sense that i only pay money and that's it, but doing so requires quite the ammount of $
i am not a rich man, and i assure you, with the $ required to get him, is not something everyone can do just like that.

whoever said that it was "an easy buy" must be a rich person if spending that much is really easy for them.

as for the players that "tried hard to get Hayyel on gw" i question the "hard" part.
to my understanding, most players on the forum are high-level players, and for high level players, scoring 50k in guild wars is significantly easier than for the rest of the playerbase.
for example: for me, scoring 50k in a war is easier than spending 300-500 dollars, and surely i'm not the only one.

just because you earned him in gw doesn't necesarily mean you had to "work hard"
just because i bought him doesn't mean i got him "easily"

just saying

on another note, this is for Playmage:
how i see it, i agree that putting a Raid Boss in there might not attract many sales.

1) some players only want to have one of each
2) other players want to have two of each (for evolution)
3) other players want to max their skills

as low as the drop odds are, by now most players would have one or two copies of the card.

which leaves us with the players that want to max their skill.
they would have to buy multiples (buy him from miles 6 times for one skillup). skilling this way would be too expensive, so the only players who would really buy him are the players who didn't get a single copy, or only got one, and i'd assume those players are few

on a similar note, that raid boss was recent. an older raid boss might attract more sales. for example, when i started playing it was charybdis's rotation. if she was in miles i could buy her just for that (even if i dont use her)
so yeah, it is actually a good idea to put older cards since players may buy them
Armand Star

Postby Roxie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:51 pm

I think that switching out the possibility of getting a "Guild War Boss" card from miles to the "Limited Edition" card is a GREAT idea. That sounds more reasonable and makes WAY more sense, then to put a Guild War Boss card.

Thank you! I know of MANY players that missed out on Kirin or any of the other limited edition cards will be happy :)
Roxie

Postby Subotai » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Adding kirin or other limited edition cards into the sailor miles reward list is a good move, and will increase revenue a lot. Removing the 200 miles rewards and adding a 10k or so war boss card from the first series would also boost revenue. Doing so removes the 200 reward insult to all players which at best would probably click that reward on accident only as it can be earned within 2 minutes of playing the game, and eliminate the time spent sending emails asking for there miles back. The first war boss card series is still somewhat useful and would attract players to get the required miles and would not break the game. People paid for those rewards to begin with, and by now they are almost outdated to more experienced players anyway. Also of note is the fact that many players who earned their war boss cards have since left the game, yet their accounts were either given or sold to other players who did not earn these cards. This has devalued the war cards way more than seeing them as a miles reward option.
"A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something."
Subotai

Postby pmsupport » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi all, thank you for your feedback.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby hung » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Count me in for one of the few that would've loved to grab Hayel, along with any other old GW cards that I missed previously.

Hard work? Lol, it only took the money or luck to have the revives pop up in your shop to beat Hayel in the first place. I'd much rather beat a GW boss than have to waste money on buying one, but having the option if I missed them was a great idea and hopefully you'll bring back Hayel along with the others.

It was PM's best effort to try and please everyone from high end to low level players, but of course you can't please everyone and now the greedy, I want what nobody else can have people are upset.

Just for the record. I really appreciate all the effort and concern that PM puts into the game, whether I agree with some of it or not. At least they are listening and trying to make the game accessible and fun for everyone, which is a very difficult task to begin with.
hung

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion