Duke of hell Vepar

Re: Duke of hell Vepar

Postby admin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:18 am

That is interesting, the "resume feature" in case of crash was added couple years ago, and it has been tested on couple samsung galaxy phones (tough different model) and a galaxy tablet. I am assuming you mean the game crashing and stopping at the middle of the battle, and not data errors (which isn't recoverable). Have you recently tried reinstall the game after possible OS updates so it has the correct permission to save your progress? You can send me your friend code via pm to support@playmage.com email, we can look further into this.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:58 am

admin wrote:That is interesting, the "resume feature" in case of crash was added couple years ago, and it has been tested on couple samsung galaxy phones (tough different model) and a galaxy tablet. I am assuming you mean the game crashing and stopping at the middle of the battle, and not data errors (which isn't recoverable). Have you recently tried reinstall the game after possible OS updates so it has the correct permission to save your progress? You can send me your friend code via pm to support@playmage.com email, we can look further into this.

For some reason or another, I install the game every six months or so. Like I said, it has never, ever, resumed a battle following a sleep-mode shut down.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Does it ever resume for non-sleep mode shutdowns on your phone? You can test easily by just force quitting after killing a wave of enemy (instead of forfeiting) and then restarting the app.

Btw, what do you mean by sleep mode shutdown, does it mean:
a) phone wakes up with app completely exited so that opening it again launches the fairy queen image.
b) phone wakes up to phones main screen instead of app, the app is in the background and opening it opens the home screen.
c) phone wakes up and is one the home screen of the game and not battle screen.

Also, does this happen all the time or just often? You probably should double check if you have any battery/memory manager or utility app installed (or preinstalled), these maybe killing the app when the phone goes to sleep. If there is such utility or management app, try disabling or add Dragon Era as an exception... The correct sleep/wake behavior on models we tested is that the game always wakes up back with app open in the battle screen...
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:27 pm

admin wrote:Does it ever resume for non-sleep mode shutdowns on your phone? You can test easily by just force quitting after killing a wave of enemy (instead of forfeiting) and then restarting the app.

Btw, what do you mean by sleep mode shutdown, does it mean:
a) phone wakes up with app completely exited so that opening it again launches the fairy queen image.
b) phone wakes up to phones main screen instead of app, the app is in the background and opening it opens the home screen.
c) phone wakes up and is one the home screen of the game and not battle screen.

Also, does this happen all the time or just often? You probably should double check if you have any battery/memory manager or utility app installed (or preinstalled), these maybe killing the app when the phone goes to sleep. If there is such utility or management app, try disabling or add Dragon Era as an exception... The correct sleep/wake behavior on models we tested is that the game always wakes up back with app open in the battle screen...

If I force shut down, it's a), every time. If the phone sleeps (10 minutes of inactivity), it frequently (but not always) does a). If I switch over to answer the phone, check email, etc. and come back, it frequently, but not always does a). It never does b) or c). It's either the fairy queen, or whatever I was doing before the sleep/minimize (could be a fight, home screen, whatever it was).

This happens frequently enough to account for approximately 30-60% of my energy usage (more when I play at work and minimize or walk away often, less when I'm playing at home and paying more attention), and like I said - countless chests lost and wasted revives.
Browncoat

Postby LokiDeusChaos » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:55 am

Same happen to me: this "resume feature" never worked on both my android OS Huawey p8 and a cheap china phone Cubot.
In any of the following cases : game crash because of an incoming call, or because of pleep mode (autospin for more then 10 min then the phone goes to sleep mode) or if i force the exit of the app, the "resume feature" does not work. It never worked to my phones
LokiDeusChaos

Postby NaTaCha » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Do you a battery saving app? Like DU battery or battery doctor? They have features that will auto kill apps when minimized. I have Samsung galaxy s3 also and i make sure the auto kill is OFF on battery saving ( or cleaning or antivirus. ..) to prevent this. Hope it helps
NaTaCha

Postby Browncoat » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 am

NaTaCha wrote:Do you a battery saving app? Like DU battery or battery doctor? They have features that will auto kill apps when minimized. I have Samsung galaxy s3 also and i make sure the auto kill is OFF on battery saving ( or cleaning or antivirus. ..) to prevent this. Hope it helps

Nope.
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion