Let's Talk About Thor

Let's Talk About Thor

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:34 am

Why did you guy have to make yet another 0 turn countdown Guild War boss? They aren't fun. All they are is a revive potion drain. I tracked the damage progression. Thor starts on a 2 turn countdown. These numbers are based on my experience. Various guild bonuses might change them, I suppose.

Turn 1: wait
Turn 2: wait
Turn 3: 1150 damage
Turn 4: 1490 damage
Turn 5: 2160
Turn 6: 3160
Turn 7: 4490
Turn 8: 6150
Turn 9: 8140
Turn 10: 10460
Turn 11: 13110
Turn 12: 16090
Turn 13: 19400
Turn 14: 23040
Turn 15: 27010
Turn 16: 31310
Turn 17: 35940
Turn 18: 40900
Turn 19: 23095 + 25905
Turn 20: 28880 + 32020
Turn 21: 35325 + 38795
Turn 22: 42430 + 46230
Turn 23: 50195 + 54325

And that doesn't count any brutals he does, or the fact that if you have a dark team, he'll dark seal you. So, by turn twenty five (which is a common turn countdown for your cards to start activating) he's already done over 600,000 total damage to you. The highest team HP I've ever managed is the mid-70,000s, which cannot muster enough damage to do any good. The team I'm using is a dark team led by an 8* Eris and has around 72,000 health, but no way to heal. So, by my count, that's seven revives by turn 23, and that's IF he doesn't brutal, and in my experience, he always brutals at least once.

If you don't (or can't) spend gems to refresh the countdown for battles, the most number of times you could possibly fight the GW boss is about 54, which means you would have to average about 925 points per GW fight, which for most teams I imagine would take between 4-7 revives, PER battle, or between 216 and 378 revives. That's absurd.

I've already had other players suggest a boycott of this boss, and I can certainly understand why. Between the 0 turn countdown, the dark seal, which takes away a ton of health if you're using about the only kind of team that can actually do damage, and the brutal attacks, this "game" just isn't fun. I realize that you guys need to make money, but there's a limit. With the last set of Guild Bosses, both the light and the dark had 0 turn countdowns. I really, REALLY hope you don't do that to us again, because I really think you're going to lose a lot of players if you do this twice in a row. I can't speak for other people, but I'm kind of getting tired of feeling like I'm being punished for playing your game.
RavenoftheBlack

Re: Let's Talk About Thor

Postby gggg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:07 am

Really 0 to 2 revives and I am killing the boss it's not meant to be easy .
gggg

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:59 am

gggg wrote:Really 0 to 2 revives and I am killing the boss it's not meant to be easy .

I understand that it's not meant to be easy, but as I said, there's a limit. But hey, if I'm the only one who is having a problem, I'll shut up about it, or just stop "playing."

Out of curiosity, though, may I ask what your team is? I'm sure I don't have the cards, but I would like to know how you consistently kill Thor that easily.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby gggg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:43 am

You will not be the only 1 but your calling for a boycott of the war .
Do you have a reaper card and what level are you.
gggg

Postby ggggt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:29 am

Always marrionette healer combo if you got lucky everything you need is in guild shop once in a blue moon =]
ggggt

Postby mistervista » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:47 am

RavenoftheBlack wrote:Why did you guy have to make yet another 0 turn countdown Guild War boss? They aren't fun. All they are is a revive potion drain. I tracked the damage progression. Thor starts on a 2 turn countdown. These numbers are based on my experience. Various guild bonuses might change them, I suppose.

Turn 1: wait
Turn 2: wait
Turn 3: 1150 damage
Turn 4: 1490 damage
Turn 5: 2160
Turn 6: 3160
Turn 7: 4490
Turn 8: 6150
Turn 9: 8140
Turn 10: 10460
Turn 11: 13110
Turn 12: 16090
Turn 13: 19400
Turn 14: 23040
Turn 15: 27010
Turn 16: 31310
Turn 17: 35940
Turn 18: 40900
Turn 19: 23095 + 25905
Turn 20: 28880 + 32020
Turn 21: 35325 + 38795
Turn 22: 42430 + 46230
Turn 23: 50195 + 54325

And that doesn't count any brutals he does, or the fact that if you have a dark team, he'll dark seal you. So, by turn twenty five (which is a common turn countdown for your cards to start activating) he's already done over 600,000 total damage to you. The highest team HP I've ever managed is the mid-70,000s, which cannot muster enough damage to do any good. The team I'm using is a dark team led by an 8* Eris and has around 72,000 health, but no way to heal. So, by my count, that's seven revives by turn 23, and that's IF he doesn't brutal, and in my experience, he always brutals at least once.

If you don't (or can't) spend gems to refresh the countdown for battles, the most number of times you could possibly fight the GW boss is about 54, which means you would have to average about 925 points per GW fight, which for most teams I imagine would take between 4-7 revives, PER battle, or between 216 and 378 revives. That's absurd.

I've already had other players suggest a boycott of this boss, and I can certainly understand why. Between the 0 turn countdown, the dark seal, which takes away a ton of health if you're using about the only kind of team that can actually do damage, and the brutal attacks, this "game" just isn't fun. I realize that you guys need to make money, but there's a limit. With the last set of Guild Bosses, both the light and the dark had 0 turn countdowns. I really, REALLY hope you don't do that to us again, because I really think you're going to lose a lot of players if you do this twice in a row. I can't speak for other people, but I'm kind of getting tired of feeling like I'm being punished for playing your game.

Agreed, it's ridiculous.

I spent a thousand gems to make an 8* Eris specifically for this only to find it's useless! I need at least 6 or 7 revives just to get to the point of being able to use it.

This guild boss is way too difficult for what it is. I could understand it if it was twice as good a reward card as anything we've ever seen before but it's not even as good as several we already have.
mistervista

Postby Subotai » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 am

Eris has a number of uses and is a great card. However, any war the boss is always likely to seal the opposing element, so relying on a dark team to work for this boss from the start is like expecting to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, not ever going to happen. However, using a dark card in your deck to provoke the seal does buy you a round with no damage from the boss. Next war will likely seal light, so don't plan on a light mono working either. You have to have a variety of options and each war any player has to test run a few teams to find out what works best. However, the amount of damage and low countdown start of this boss coupled with the increased hit points over past war bosses (3 mil+, more than last year & before) is getting to be a bit much on players. It does seem as if the poor customer relations PM consistently proves to have only serves to hurt players rather then help, and boost their coffers as much as possible in the process. It's like they know it will be a problem, but want to wait for complaints before making a change, frustrating many players in the process while trying to maximize sales, and then only giving an inch where they already took 9 feet from us. I have a 0-1 rp team for this war as I started building it last year preparing for the continuous BS that playmage was going to throw at us. I kill the boss or end very close to doing so most times without an RP used. There is not one dark card in my team, as I expected dark seal and did test a dark mono team expecting the seal and was not disappointed. My team is not the same exact as what I have used in past, as it has evolved as new cards come out. Also without certain cards being skilled, or having limited time sailor miles reward cards, it would not be possible and I'd be in the same boat as many others. I farmed and max skilled multiple future soldiers when they were the raid bosses last year of each element. I have 2 or 3 of each max skilled 7* & 8* of each element, where most people I know have only 1 7* or 8* maxed of each at best. Sadly, this war they proved too weak compared to other options and are out of my team entirely. They still do decent damage, just not as much as PM toned them down from the original damage output so as not to overpower war reward cards. They also made the new raid boss cards have a lot more skill levels so having multiple like last year is very hard to achieve. They gave us dragon cards but raped us on the skill levels, as if punishing us from it being easier last year. If certain sailor miles reward cards are not brought back or a new equivalent version made available, then this cycle will continue until the game dies off completely. I am referring to cards that give a 2.5× boost to damage for the elements, as they are key to both war bosses and raid boss kills. Most players only have a couple at best, or are too new to have had the opportunity to even attain one. If you do not listen and keep to this pattern PM, you doom this game to death by the end of this year if not sooner.
"A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something."
Subotai

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:06 pm

@gggg: I do not have a Reaper, no. I do not even know where or when they were available. I am level 171.

@mistervista: I, too, spent 1000 gems to get my 8* Eris. It's the first event recruit I've been able to afford, and I saved up for what felt like forever before I could. Now, I don't think she's "useless," as she's the only dark booster I have, and the only attack booster apart from my hybrid dragons, who only boost 2x rather than 2.5x. Also, her stats are amazing. Of course, this all runs into the other well-documented problem with this game, which is CP. I'm level 171, and have 120 CP. Virtually all my useful cards, with one or two exceptions, are 30 CP to use, meaning I could only field four of them, and will NEVER be able to have anything else useful in my team. This was a big disappointment for my dark team, because I was hoping to use both my Dark 8* Future Soldiers, which I couldn't afford to do, which sucks.

Though I will say, Eris has cut my gold grinding time in half. With friends who have Apep, I can run the Hard Solomon's mine on automatic in less than 2 minutes when my previous team took about 4. So, I am loving that.

@Subotai: Honestly, I expected the dark seal, too, and while it's annoying (and frankly BS that it takes your life like that), it's really not that big of a deal to me. It's one quicker kill. Fortunately, I think they're programmed to only dark seal once per battle. They tend to do it early for me, usually within the first two or three turns they get an action, but it's not the worst thing. The other things you mentioned (the 0-turn CD, the massive HP, the raid boss skill levels) those ARE big deals and, if three different things can be at the same time, the worst thing about this game.

Frankly, I really, REALLY hate the entire leveling mechanic, especially since most of the best cards all have unique skill names. I noticed that the 5* demons from the Baal maps have the same skill as Mafdet, but I haven't had the time to try to farm them, because their drop rates are painfully low anyway. And with this cycle of god bosses, who knows when or if we'll EVER have a chance to skill them. Then add to that the fact that you need six extra copies of a card to guarantee a skill-up (and good on Playmage for upping that percentage. Having a chance to fail at 6 was so far beyond cruel that I don't want to talk about it). I wish we could just use fodder cards to skill up a card, even if it took 100+ or more for a single level, it would be a lot more fun.

But, if there's one thing I've learning in my couple of years of playing this "game," it's that Dragon's Era is not about "fun."
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Tasov » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Good points sub
Tasov

Postby pmsupport » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi all, thanks for your feedback.

Hi RavenoftheBlack, the skill leveling mechanism is designed to be hard as it's the ultimate goal in the game and leveling up too easily would make the cards too powerful and the monsters too weak.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion