Let's Talk About Thor

Re: Let's Talk About Thor

Postby Phileina » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:39 am

I always use doll chimera (or other healer) combo with 2 zeuss cards a +3 spin card ( naga blue imp etc) and damage nullifier like priest. I can always use zeuss combo attack which is 51% damage and usually chimera for extra 20%. This nets me 1000 to 1100 points. No need to kill boss or at least not worth revive potions as XP is skewed in my opinion. Better to use gems to reset timer IMO. For what it's worth all cards are standard. Disadvantage of doll with boss that has 0 CD is that your team hp must stay below 7200 hp (to be precise 2* healers heal minus 1). Give that a go
Phileina

Postby Browncoat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:19 am

Bosses are not meant to be killed every time.

If your deck is not stacked, you probably shouldn't be able to get each boss without much difficulty. If it's too hard, let this one go.
Browncoat

Postby Hypernova » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:05 am

Naga/echidna/ferret spirit/blue imp with marionette/blue dragon queen is essential to reach turn 30 and minimising damage received. Otherwise you will need lots of free spins or revive potions.
Hypernova

Postby Woody » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Level 173, 121 CP
Double Hayyel (skilled) leads
Nerida
Kirin
Naga
Light Demoness

No more than one revive, often no revives needed
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Woody wrote:Level 173, 121 CP
Nerida
Kirin
Naga
Light Demoness

And see, to me, this is where the problem lies. The first Guild Boss I was able to afford to get was the second go-around for Mr. Shepard Dog. Therefore, Hayyel is literally impossible for me to get, let alone a skilled one. I have a 7* Nerida and a Naga (who I've been waiting to evolve forever into an Echidna, but I haven't found a second one EVER.) I also couldn't come anywhere close to affording a Kirin was it was around. So yeah, when everyone tells me it's easy to do this boss with 0-1 revives, my thought is "Sure, if you have all the best cards that I've never had a chance to get." Now that I'm starting to get better cards with the Guild Bosses, Raid Bosses, and specialty event cards, I was really hoping I could get a full set of these god Guild Bosses and get them to 8*, which I could never do for the dragons or the Nature cycle. It's really frustrating to find that I need those cards to make a decent go at these.

While we're on the topics of both leveling creatures (which pmsupport claims is the "ultimate goal" in this game) and my frustration with this game, I'd just like to say that I've been trying to farm from Light demonesses for the last two days. I've run the map 55 times, and have gotten 4 demonesses. I had three from before when I unlocked Baal, so I was able to skill Mafdet once. ONCE, out of 55 tries. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated. At 6 chests a pop, that's a drop rate of 1%. To fully skill Mafdet, I would therefore need to run the map approximately 316 more times, if my math is right. That's ridiculous.

I know I'm complaining a lot. I'm sorry about that. But I've played this game a lot. According to my kindle, I've logged 2653 hours on this game. And it's very frustrating, because I have always felt like I'm below the curve, probably because I can't afford to spend a ton of money on it. I've spent some, when I could afford to, but I don't have much disposable income. When I spent what I could to tank out that first Mr. Shepard Dog, I felt like I would finally be able to do something in this game. But nearly everything in this game is so frustrating and so RNG based that I just don't have fun with it anymore. I've sunk so much time into the game that I don't really want to quit it, but I'm really not sure I see a reason to keep playing.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Hypernova » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:53 pm

RavenoftheBlack wrote:
Woody wrote:Level 173, 121 CP
Nerida
Kirin
Naga
Light Demoness

And see, to me, this is where the problem lies. The first Guild Boss I was able to afford to get was the second go-around for Mr. Shepard Dog. Therefore, Hayyel is literally impossible for me to get, let alone a skilled one. I have a 7* Nerida and a Naga (who I've been waiting to evolve forever into an Echidna, but I haven't found a second one EVER.) I also couldn't come anywhere close to affording a Kirin was it was around. So yeah, when everyone tells me it's easy to do this boss with 0-1 revives, my thought is "Sure, if you have all the best cards that I've never had a chance to get." Now that I'm starting to get better cards with the Guild Bosses, Raid Bosses, and specialty event cards, I was really hoping I could get a full set of these god Guild Bosses and get them to 8*, which I could never do for the dragons or the Nature cycle. It's really frustrating to find that I need those cards to make a decent go at these.

While we're on the topics of both leveling creatures (which pmsupport claims is the "ultimate goal" in this game) and my frustration with this game, I'd just like to say that I've been trying to farm from Light demonesses for the last two days. I've run the map 55 times, and have gotten 4 demonesses. I had three from before when I unlocked Baal, so I was able to skill Mafdet once. ONCE, out of 55 tries. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated. At 6 chests a pop, that's a drop rate of 1%. To fully skill Mafdet, I would therefore need to run the map approximately 316 more times, if my math is right. That's ridiculous.

I know I'm complaining a lot. I'm sorry about that. But I've played this game a lot. According to my kindle, I've logged 2653 hours on this game. And it's very frustrating, because I have always felt like I'm below the curve, probably because I can't afford to spend a ton of money on it. I've spent some, when I could afford to, but I don't have much disposable income. When I spent what I could to tank out that first Mr. Shepard Dog, I felt like I would finally be able to do something in this game. But nearly everything in this game is so frustrating and so RNG based that I just don't have fun with it anymore. I've sunk so much time into the game that I don't really want to quit it, but I'm really not sure I see a reason to keep playing.

I understand where you come from. When i first played Dragon Era and subsequently joined my first guild, the first set of guild bosses(Lucifer, Bahamut etc) had already completed one cycle. During the 2nd cycle, all i got every time was the 3rd-4th tier rewards as my card base wasn't really strong. nevertheless during this time i built up my player level and increased my cp, collected whatever good cards i can get from the guild shop and bonus maps and sought advice from guildmates regarding team setup for various bosses. eventually when i started the guild war for the dragon queens/king series, my first 2 guild war netted me approx. 36-40k without gems, so i refreshed the battle quite frequently to get that 50k and top 10 position within the guild. i spent a lot of gems that way and eventually got the boss cards, from which my cards became better and guild wars easier now that I have a series of good cards to use different setup for different wars.

my advice to you is that you have to stay patient. perhaps this war you might not get the boss card you wished for, but that doesnt mean you wont be able to get the subsequent boss cards. when i didn't get the first series i was disappointed too, but when the subsequent series came out they were better and i'm not missing those first series cards anymore. in fact i seldom use the dragon queen/king series now too. most of my cards revolve around the 3rd series of guild war bosses and bonus map cards. just build up your card base with bonus map cards first and soon you will be able to get that 50k easily.
Hypernova

Postby ruffriders23 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:00 pm

I found on mobile that a heavy fire team, with a fully skilled 4* blue imp works well. I use 1 revive per fight, and try and settle for 1000 GW points per battle. Obviously the 0 CD and dark seal hurts... but again... it isn't meant to be cookie cutter easy. You have to try different teams to find what works best for you.

If everyone just ran with a dark heavy team... we'd ALL make 50k for the GW.
ruffriders23

Postby Woody » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Raven,

I feel your pain too. I run two accounts and I put very little money into the "mini" account. This is the first time in a while that I will miss the boss card since the best team I can put together takes 2/3 revives and revive x2 has not appear in the shop for over a month.

I had to try multiple teams before I could battle the current boss with much success. My friends any guild mates were helpful with suggestions but many teams were not feasible because I did not have the card, or the card I have is not skill - and I am a longtime, fairly advanced player.

What makes this boss frustrating - to me - is that I am not sure this boss is worth the effort. Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I consider this boss card to be mediocre at best. Probably just another trophy card that sets in my collection and I seldom, if ever,use. Again,I may be proved wrong ...
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby Armand Star » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:08 pm

admin said they were considering adding more enemies with very high defense, soo... yeah. Thor would be way more useful later on.

people that looked down on bosses (and even event recruits) have been proved wrong before. so, it is recommended to use your own opinion to decide whether to go for the card or not. i say go for the card if you want it. if not, skip it.
if the card is useful to me, i have a reason to get it. like a certain time limited recruit: someone made a thread complaining the boss sucked. i got it anyway and to this day it is still very good. a purchase i don't regret.

(and this is off topic but would Playmage consider displaying an image of the 8* version of the time limited recruits? i'd like to know the 8*'s secondary color and active/leader skills to decide if i want to buy it. as it is right now they only show the 6* version and i have to wait until wikia uploads the 8* image, or wait for a friend to buy and evolve it and put it as leader)
Armand Star

Postby pmsupport » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi Armand Star, thanks for your suggestion about displaying the 8 star time-limited recruit card.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion