Gold chests on Astaroth and/or Bonus Maps

Gold chests on Astaroth and/or Bonus Maps

Postby snowabe » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello.

I've been playing for over 6 months.

This is my first time using the forum and it surprised me someone already made another thread complaining about the low drop rate for Gold chests in the Astaroth map.

I still think of myself as a new player... I don't have those indispensable cards such as Kirin or Hayyel so I'm trying to get stronger with war boss cards and bosses from the bonus maps but I think it's a little offensive that I've spent over 40 energy potions and 40 revives and still haven't gotten the 2nd gold chest in the insane Astaroth map.

I spend money every now and then but that shouldn't be the only way to get stronger in the game... If the drop rates keep getting lower and lower the only way to get good cards is going to be recruiting them with gems and that seems a little wrong.

I know the game isn't supposed to be easy but come on.... I'm not even trying to get an 8* Astaroth, I just wanted a 7* one and it's bordering on the impossible.

If I'm mistaken and everyone feels this is my sole opinion then I offer my apologies.

Thanks,

Snowabe
snowabe

Re: Gold chests on Astaroth and/or Bonus Maps

Postby pmsupport » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi snowabe, the drop rates for each possible item drop in each stage hasn't changed. It's the same as those in the former maps. It's suggested that you farm the hell stage to get the boss card as the drop rate of the 2nd gold chest in the hell stage is slightly higher than that in the insane stage.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

I've gotten about 15 of the second gold chest. I'm having more difficulty getting the first one. But that's just my luck this map.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby mistervista » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 am

pmsupport wrote:Hi snowabe, the drop rates for each possible item drop in each stage hasn't changed. It's the same as those in the former maps. It's suggested that you farm the hell stage to get the boss card as the drop rate of the 2nd gold chest in the hell stage is slightly higher than that in the insane stage.

No-one is saying the drop rates have changed. We're saying they are way too low and always have been. Why don't you address the problem and answer the queries instead of giving this stock bullshit reply?
mistervista

Postby gggg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:33 am

The drop rate in hell is a lot higher than in insane I think it needs to be changed to make it easier for lower level players to get both cards .I don't play insane anymore just doesn't seem worth it.
gggg

Postby ruffriders23 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:59 am

While I will agree that the gold chest drop rates are frustrating when burning 40 or 50 energy per try... just to get 6 brown chests more times than not... you players also have to understand that if they make it easier for the low-level players to get them, then EVERYONE will have them. If everyone has the same cards... then what's the point of the game?

Trust me guys... I am sick and tired of the copy and paste responses from the PM's here too. And, I've spent enough money on this game where I should have a freaking phone number to call for personalized attention!!! But, the drop rates are low because it makes it hard to get the best cards. Like it or not... it does make sense.
ruffriders23

Postby snowabe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:44 am

I mean I agree ruffriders! It shouldn't be a walk in the park but just getting past insane isn't easy... plus the 40 energy cost is a killer.

The way it is right now only people with healer cards such as hayyel can survive hell and they can get all the Astaroths they want but the 'newer' players can attempt at getting it x_x.
snowabe

Postby snowabe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:48 am

I'm not suggesting they give away free Astaroths for everyone but... they could increase the % of gold chests dropping on the second chance depending on how many times the player has done the map?

Think of it as a regular slot machine. If you put in $100 you're bound to get some money back but if each time you start an insane round you have the same 3% then you could play 100 different rounds and still not get a gold chest considering each round is not related to the ones before.

Perseverance is not always rewarded
snowabe

Postby ruffriders23 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:20 am

On mobile I've spent almost no money whatsoever, and I have 100% on Duke of Hell. I use a team of 8* Shep Dog, 7* Loki, 7* Bastet, 5* Earth Imp (Skilled 3/5), 4* Water Imp (skilled 5/5), and I use another 8* Shep Dog as my friend helper... and I beat Hell without a RP most of the time. Sometimes I do have to use one if my rolls early as too high and I don't get to use the water imp to stall spins, which then allows me to use the green imp to heal.

You have to play with the teams a little... your HP won't be high enough on Hell if you use an autohealer... even if you have an 8* Chimera helper. So, you have to have healer cards in your deck like imp or the light Pinocchio.
ruffriders23

Postby mistervista » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:37 pm

The most annoying thing about these maps is that 3rd chest on insane being a totally useless pile of crap. It's really frustrating to play it 20 or 30 times and then when you eventually get a gold chest it's that rubbish card!
I would prefer it if they just removed that gold chest altogether. That way you would at least know that on those extremely rare occasions you do get a gold chest on insane it's actually something useful.
mistervista

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion