Guild War Frequency

Guild War Frequency

Postby DeeJay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:53 pm

I thought I would start this thread to let players express their preference for the frequency of guild wars: the current 3 week rotation or the previous 4 week rotation. I just thought maybe Playmage might be interested in player's preferences and am not looking to start any arguments.

I know since this shorter guild war frequency has begun, I have lost many high level long-time playing friends. I have also seen many high-level accounts for sale.

My own personal preference is the previous 4 week rotation ... which actually only means 3 weeks before the next guild war starts since the war lasts a week. I have been playing this game since near the beginning but am now thinking it may be time to move on like many of my friends have done.

I was hoping that if many others felt the same way, Playmage might reconsider this poor decision. But I guess that would also depend on other players. Are my feelings the minority or the majority?
DeeJay

Re: Guild War Frequency

Postby ruffriders23 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:36 pm

I would prefer once a month... every 4 weeks. It would give the players time to level up and/or evo their cards, and playmage time to come out with new cards. Hathor, Goddess of the Sky is Mafdet... tweaked.

The current 3-week rotation is too fast, and makes it hard for those lower-end players to really compete. I get it... it's about people buying gems... but I can't even get a card fully leveled before the next GW announcement is up.
ruffriders23

Postby thievingsquirrel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:46 am

I don't mind 3 week rotation, gives me something to look forward to within a shorter period of time.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby mistervista » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:52 am

thievingsquirrel wrote:I don't mind 3 week rotation, gives me something to look forward to within a shorter period of time.

+1
mistervista

Postby Browncoat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:16 am

We've had these discussions several times, it might be worth looking back to see what everyone said then.

I prefer a 4 week rotation for the first round, followed by a 3 week rotation for the second round. Second choice would be a 3 week rotation throughout.

Actually, what would be awesome would be to cut the points needed and time frame in half, and do it every 2 weeks.
Browncoat

Postby Wendigo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:05 am

Browncoat wrote:Actually, what would be awesome would be to cut the points needed and time frame in half, and do it every 2 weeks.

This i agree with also.
Assuming PM can produce enough new material having the GW shortened and sped up would be ideal.
It works well for both veterans and new players and even gives PM more options for earning revenue.
A GW every other week but only 3-4 days long would solve alot of problems.

Another option would be to run GW every weekend but only for the weekend (again assuming enough new material)
Wendigo

Postby ruffriders23 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:30 am

Wendigo wrote:
Browncoat wrote:Actually, what would be awesome would be to cut the points needed and time frame in half, and do it every 2 weeks.

This i agree with also.
Assuming PM can produce enough new material having the GW shortened and sped up would be ideal.
It works well for both veterans and new players and even gives PM more options for earning revenue.
A GW every other week but only 3-4 days long would solve alot of problems.

Another option would be to run GW every weekend but only for the weekend (again assuming enough new material)

The every weekend option is a TERRIBLE idea. Playmage has a hard enough time keeping new content going as it is, and you want to push it to every weekend? So not only mining and arena on the weekends, but also have to deal with a guild war? That is what killed games like Farmville... where people had to CONSTANTLY stay on the game.
ruffriders23

Postby admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:24 pm

We will be keeping the 3 week rotation as is. The enrollment for Sif 2nd rotation will start next Monday and war will start on next Saturday. Then we are currently plan to put in a NEW guild war boss after Sif and every other repeat.

So it would be Sif -> NEW Wood -> Freyja - NEW Water -> Loki -> New Fire -> Thor -> New Light -> Hel -> New Dark. Then again repeat of the new bosses with newer set interlaced in. This keeps war still frequent for those want the challenge more frequently, but newer boss only every 6 weeks for those who can't go full throttle each war.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Armand Star » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:45 pm

this was already discussed. before changing to 3-week rotation, the admin made a topic asking for feedback, and the feedback was some players prefer 3 weeks, and other players prefer 4

iirc the decision to change to 3 weeks was due to majority of players prefered it that way.

i'm sure the old topic is still around here, might be worth to take a look at it again
Armand Star

Postby DeeJay » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:30 pm

I found a thread where this was discussed. However the choices PlayMage seemed to give at that time were guild war every 3 weeks with 2 rotations or guild war every 4 weeks with possibly only one rotation. Approximately 6 people expressed their opinion before PlayMage determined on the 3 week rotation. I did not bother to count to see what the majority of those people voted for. However, those must be the people that strongly influence PlayMage since their votes determined what PlayMage did. Someone suggested the first run every 4 weeks with the second run being every 3 weeks. That would be an acceptable alternative and I am sure that there are other possible alternatives.

Since PlayMage has started the guild war every 3 weeks, I know of more than 6 people that have quit the game or sold their accounts. So I thought it might be a good idea to revisit this topic. Perhaps people may have changed their opinion since that time or people who didn't express an opinion then might like to do that now and might result in a different outcome if PlayMage would listen to the players. After all, what would happen if they started a war and no one came to play?
DeeJay

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion