Trusty Knight Hell Map

Re: Trusty Knight Hell Map

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:40 am

admin wrote:
Browncoat wrote:I just realized there's only 2 days left on the map. I went from consistently being able to farm hell with only 1 or 2 revives on the last map, to not being able to even get through insane once.

Really wanted to skill Sif a bit, but holy cow.

Do you mean not able to get through insane once without revive? The current insane level's difficulty is much easier compared to the previous map's hell level, especially after we lowered the attack value of the first 3 waves...

I don't know if I agree with that assessment, as I was frequently able to get through Hell without revives if I got lucky, and cannot at all on insane now. But, I started playing the map on Hell, and depleted my entire stock of revives (about 50 or so), and as I note above, it's been weeks without any showing up in my shop. So no, I can't get through insane without revives, no matter how many times I try, and I don't have any revives to draw from.

I was able to get 4 of the cards needed to skill Sif when I was committing suicide on Hell. I went for it, but no luck.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

I just double checked the new maps and compared them with older ones, and it looks like enemy CD (cool-down) for Earth's insane 4th and 5th wave is even shorter than new Earth hell's map. While last set's Earth insane had the same CD, shorter CD combined with increased attack makes the new insane more difficult that it needs to be.

We increased the cool-down for one of the enemy on insane's 4th and 5th save. The other upcoming maps shouldn't have this problem.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:29 am

admin wrote:I just double checked the new maps and compared them with older ones, and it looks like enemy CD (cool-down) for Earth's insane 4th and 5th wave is even shorter than new Earth hell's map. While last set's Earth insane had the same CD, shorter CD combined with increased attack makes the new insane more difficult that it needs to be.

We increased the cool-down for one of the enemy on insane's 4th and 5th save. The other upcoming maps shouldn't have this problem.

Ok, I'll try it again. Also, when designing future maps, ALWAYS work in a good place to farm chests. The way the game is set up it takes a lot of spins to get all the chests, and we need a high HP or high defense target (with reasonably low attack) to pound on until we have them. It may be because this map is so hard that we're forced to burn through the waves, but I haven't found a good spot to collect chests on either insane or hell.
Browncoat

Postby ruffriders23 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:28 pm

I get that PM does look at the issues, and responds to them. BUT... where we differ is that the players of the game are telling you it is not realistic, and you are arguing that it is. The special maps ARE for farming cards so you can skill a GW boss card that you worked to get. Should it be simple... no. But... should you have to burn revive after revive, coupled with the energy pots you also have to burn, to get them... no.

The way that it was before... it worked perfect. You could farm if you wanted to, and expect to burn absurd amounts of E-Pots, and some R-Pots, in the process. But now... you are treating the new special maps, with skill cards, as they are new maps that are more advanced than before. I think you have missed the point of what these special maps with skillable cards are meant to be. This is where the disconnect lies Playmage/Admin.
ruffriders23

Postby snowabe » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:05 pm

To be honest I don't understand why we're comparing insane and hell versions of different maps. The Baal hell map was doable without a single revive, Gremory required 2 maybe none.... Out of nowhere it's impossible to complete this hell without using at least one revive.

This insane map is the hardest ever its much harder than all the previous hell maps we've encountered.

I feel Playmage should make a poll asking players if they like the new system because it's more challenging or if they liked hard but possible maps?

I wouldn't mind spending 1, 2 or 3 revives per hell because granted, its hell so you shouldn't be able to do it easily. Insane could be doable without revives or maybe spending 1 but god... the amount of revives we're spending is what's insane.

Opinion: I spent over 60 revives so far and I still do not have a Trusty Knight card. This is also the week where I've dreaded and hated opening Dragon Era the most...

I'll try and get it before it runs out but if the maps and war bosses continue in the same way I'll join the one uninstalling... The game will become impossible.
snowabe

Postby admin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:24 am

snowabe wrote:This insane map is the hardest ever its much harder than all the previous hell maps we've encountered.

The attacks, HP, skills are all much lower than last cycle's Earth hell map, the only difference is CD was lower on insane's 4th and 5th wave due copy from last set, but that was corrected yesterday.

Anyways, the goal is that the insane would be slightly harder before and significantly easier than previous hell maps, but due to CD being too low on Earth insane we had to tune it couple times. We will make sure this is true from the start for the future maps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:25 am

I'll just say one thing: The only reason the bonus maps become hard are from low countdowns, so I've always found that Earth is the toughest to beat from all sets of bonus maps (Excluding Summoners, because everyone knows that the Solar Beast Habitat was annoying due to that full seal)
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby Browncoat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:22 am

It's the first map of a new set. I get the need to make it harder. PM's working on it, have made several changes, they are zeroing in on the right makeup. The only problem is that it was SO hard, and skilling Sif potentially SO valuable, that people got beat up pretty bad early on.

Luckily, this map comes around again. I hope it will be tooled right, and that revives pop up in my shop before then.

Patience, folks. New map tomorrow.
Browncoat

Postby Tasov » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:58 am

Like I said earlier on I did not think that they released the new bonus map correctly and I see now they have made many changes on it, sorry to say it has pushed a few of my long-time friends to the edge and a couple over. But anyways it's a game played if you want or don't. Thank you have a great day everyone
Tasov

Postby ruffriders23 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 am

Tasov wrote:Like I said earlier on I did not think that they released the new bonus map correctly and I see now they have made many changes on it, sorry to say it has pushed a few of my long-time friends to the edge and a couple over. But anyways it's a game played if you want or don't. Thank you have a great day everyone

Exactly. I know a lot of people who are just walking away because the trend from PM is not making it better for players, but harder and impossible at times. There are plenty of other games out there, and PM is losing customers to them because of their decisions.
ruffriders23

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion