Why I think Playmage should change their logic

Why I think Playmage should change their logic

Postby snowabe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Hello everyone! :?

I decided to make this thread rather than post on the trusty knight one because it's not only regarding that particular map but further maps to come.

PlayMage's logic is that normal and advanced maps are much easier for players, ergo, they decided to make all or most bonus maps harder from now on.

I think they're going about it all wrong because bonus maps are precisely that, a bonus map for players to obtain a certain card, they're not part of the normal or advanced maps storyline.

If the difficulty of the bonus maps keeps increasing then all bonus maps will be impossible for new players and only old players with a fully skilled deck will be able to play these maps.

My opinion is the new normal or advanced maps should come out incredibly harder, just like the new ones did, so old players will have a challenge, something hard to fight and look forward to and new players willing to partake in such quests should expect to spend a LOT of revives if they want to clear them.

If you keep making 'bonus' maps and 'gw' bosses bordering on the 'impossible' then newer players won't have a chance of becoming stronger.

Bonus maps should be possible for all players not just old players with fully skilled cards so please, I beg you reconsider your decision so the game is still attractive to the new or 'newer' players.

- Hoping others feel the same way I do and truly wishing for the best because I love this game,

Abe
snowabe

Re: Why I think Playmage should change their logic

Postby Armand Star » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

as i said in the knight topic, i think this is what happens:

the bad thing is the first waves being so strong. on the first rounds we have no skills, thus we don't do anything other than spin and endure.
once our cards's skills are ready to go, the maps can be as hard as they want.

make it so that it is possible to survive until turn 20, and you'll see it will be much better
Armand Star

Postby snowabe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:29 pm

I sort of agree, at least in the insane map but god, the hell map is truly hell even if the first wave was easy the remaining waves 'rape' you so hard you black out and die before knowing what happened xD. :oops:
snowabe

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Honestly I don't see what you mean. Since they changed it to have a 1 turn delay in Hell and Insane, zero revive teams are now available. But i will agree that lower level players will not be able to do them ... just like how they wouldn't have been able to do any of the prior bonus maps. At least, that's what I believe.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby ruffriders23 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Zero revive teams are available if you have spent money to buy special cards. Normal players... ones who don't buy gems or don't buy them often... have no chance at the Trusty Knight Map, and won't have a chance in the future. They went from all zero countdowns to 0, 1, 0... WOW... THANKS!

The logic is EXACTLY what I've been talking about for months now with Playmage. The people in charge are running a pyramid scheme in that they are just trying to squeeze every nickel out of the game that they can, without thinking about next week. Somebody has the bright idea to make maps harder because they are just becoming farming maps. But, what they didn't consider was new or middle of the road players now have NO CHANCE at becoming stronger because the Maps are impossible for most veteran players. SO... their logic... just buy more revives or gems to get special cards. Idiotic theories like this is what kills business ventures every single day.

I have no idea if the Admin here are just message board moderators, or people who actually have a position within Playmage... but my guess is they are just moderators. Do the developers coming in and read what people say, or do they rely on the mods sending them info? I don't know. But... what I do know is... Dragon Era on mobile is quickly becoming one of the least favorite things to do on my phone because it is 100% about forcing you to spend $$$ if you want to compete. Again... no thank you Playmage.
ruffriders23

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:01 pm

ruffriders23 wrote:Zero revive teams are available if you have spent money to buy special cards. Normal players... ones who don't buy gems or don't buy them often... have no chance at the Trusty Knight Map, and won't have a chance in the future. They went from all zero countdowns to 0, 1, 0... WOW... THANKS!

You don't need to have special cards to do those maps, guild war bosses though are needed for hell at least, like usual with rainbow team needing maps
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby ruffriders23 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:47 pm

A team full of 7* GW bosses won't work either. Basically... you need a few 8* GW boss cards, and only the top guilds get that unless they re-run a GW boss like they did with Shep Dog.
ruffriders23

Postby Wendigo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 am

It is not just about having the best cards in the game (I have most if them)...it is also necessary to have them fully skilled to run these new maps with few revives. That takes them out of reach of all but a few of the spendiest players. I want the game to succeed but ever since the new business model of requiring Revives to complete anything of value the new player turnover rate has become very high. Been 6 months+ since a new player lasted more than 2 weeks in our guild and we are very friendly and trying to help them.
Also half the players in my guild are Mid level players that are stuck...unable to progress because the theshold keeps getting pushed farther away. PM decisions at the admin level are killing this game.
Wendigo

Postby admin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 am

There are static maps like Normal and Advanced maps which new players can eventually progress and obtain the rewards and free Gems. For biweekly dungeon, newer players will likely find the top two levels too challenging. While we do understand back in early days, special map's insane level were basically the easily quick-ramp up for new players to obtain kick-ass cards, we still have to make them harder and more challenging content to prevent game from going stale for top players. Otherwise game will die from financial death regardless of how many new players stay in the game.

Difficulty of new content is a very hard thing to balance correctly honestly... Keep in mind that are still other means for newer players to obtain better cards to get "unstuck", such as collaborating with friends and guild mates on killing higher level raid bosses and get their card drops, or saving up free Gems earned for Gem recruits, etc. We may also add other ways for new player to catch up in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion