Special map experience and stats for skill leveling gw cards

Re: Special map experience and stats for skill leveling gw c

Postby admin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:39 am

We will increase the squire drop rate slightly with the next map and the next cycle.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:13 pm

admin wrote:We will increase the squire drop rate slightly with the next map and the next cycle.

It needs more than a 'slight' increase on insane. I still haven't had any gold chests!!
mistervista

Postby admin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:08 am

mistervista wrote:
admin wrote:We will increase the squire drop rate slightly with the next map and the next cycle.

It needs more than a 'slight' increase on insane. I still haven't had any gold chests!!

Taking a brief look at your server records, it seems you are ending the insane stage mostly with only 2 or 3 chests found. If you can find a place where you can safely set to 5-line to slowly spinout the remaining chests, then you wouldn't have missed those several golden chests you could have obtained.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Patrick4801 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:45 am

There is no space to safely spin out anymore
Patrick4801

Postby Browncoat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:35 am

admin wrote:
mistervista wrote:

Taking a brief look at your server records, it seems you are ending the insane stage mostly with only 2 or 3 chests found. If you can find a place where you can safely set to 5-line to slowly spinout the remaining chests, then you wouldn't have missed those several golden chests you could have obtained.

Yeah, I noted this previously in a post. The way you have this game designed, with high energy costs for the level and low chance of chests, it is absolutely critical that your map developers ensure a level is included to collect chests. If the level is so hard that you have to kill everything to survive, it's not going to result in any chests.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:25 am

There are cards that can target one or subset of enemy, which can be useful to create situations where you can safely spin with a healer. I can suggest our designer to add some high-damage and low-cd cards that target single enemy or element in the future.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Merryweather » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 pm

I like the sound of that -- thanks!
Merryweather -- Majestic Warlords (FB server)
Merryweather

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

admin wrote:There are cards that can target one or subset of enemy, which can be useful to create situations where you can safely spin with a healer. I can suggest our designer to add some high-damage and low-cd cards that target single enemy or element in the future.

+1 I like this idea as well, it'd also be good for creating stalling opportunities in bonus maps with 0 cd enemies.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby Patrick4801 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:50 pm

You need 10 countdown full healers to have a chance to spin out. If you don't have those there's no chance. Since playmate refuses to help the newer players build their decks out and icreased potion yields to 20% of their prior yield there's no chance to succeed on the bonus maps.
We don't need a specially card to maybe give you a chance to spin out a level. What we need are cards like the green imps, blue imps, and light pinos to be farmable. We need cards that work as good or better than panzers, Kirin, and flora to be released again. And we need either the potion prices restored or the difficulty of these maps to be brought back to prior levels.
It baffles me why PM makes this game so difficult for new users to get on even ground with players that started before them. I do love this game and used to be active all the time. Now I'm around to check the shop, run jewels every now and then, and do guild wars. That's it. I'd love to play more and increase my deck value, but it's just not possible at the moment the way you have the game structured. Increasingly less valuable 6 star recruits isn't helping either.
Patrick4801

Postby mefa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:28 am

I wanted to send this message privately to admin/support, however I found it is really helpful if I send it here.

Intro:
I used to get a gold chest or more playing HELL playing once or twice as I reported in some details in the above.

However, after the big changes (I am referring to the doubling the potion price in terms of guild point, I like to simply calling it the big change in the game), I get 5 to 10 times less gold chest playing the same level with the same team...!!!!!

This means, with the current situation, I have to play 300~600 time the HELL if I want to skill up both the reward card and the intended guild war card as I need ~2*5*6=60 cards. That means ~1000 potions (energy+revive)

No problem, it seems that people who made the big change want players to spend $$ money on potions if they want the best skilled card. No objection.

What I will do:
I have no time to play ~450 times in 14 days or ~30 times a day. I can play 2-4 times a day which is ~45 times in 14 days so I will get ~7 gold chest may be only good for 1 skill up if I am lucky.

Therefore, I won't play it as there is no use unless I see a reasonable drop rate again. However, I will enjoy getting the reward card itself (not for skill up)

I am still very thankful to the game developers and to few of my friends who spend huge time and $ to skill up their cards which I can enjoy as friend's leader.

A further note:
While myself and many of my friends, are experiencing a very low drop rate, a get a totally different feedback from other friends/players. For example, one of my friend (who is a big spender) has received 7 gold chest playing 4 times the HELL map.
We have had this discussion that the drop rate is equal for everyone ....., however how come 7/4 is equal to 1/7 ????
I have seen a lot that I get a very good drop rate for days even weeks and then a very bad drop rate for days and weeks as I already pointed in the above.
My honest guess is that there is this long period randomness in the drop rate, you have to be patient (i.e. days, weeks or even months to hopefully get the good luck again) which is fine to me.
Another possibility is that the game developer may have programmed the drop rate such that the $ spenders get much better drop rate. This is also fine to me.....

Why I believe this post is very useful in the forum for everyone:
1-It clearly explains the chances, odds and stats, so all the players who can't afford the time or the $ can simply limit wasting their time for something that it is not supposed to work and will enjoy the rest of the game.
2-Therefore, there will be no frustration and everybody is happy.
3-And for players who are big % spenders to be encourage and continue to do so.
4-Finally, I hope that admin/support can confirm and further clarify so everybody is clear on their expectations.

:)

Final note:
Totally agree with the useful comment from admin, I have no problem and usually adjust my team to get 5 chests before finishing, although some times I get really strong hits or I have to use skill hill+damage so I finish with 3 or 4 but this is a minor issue and does not explain our situation (7/4=1/7).

Thank you for reading
mefa

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion