Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 pm

admin wrote: As for revenue, it was going south before and looked pretty grim prior to the potion change (which prompted the change), but now the game is getting back on track to being able to support itself and many more future contents.

Here's the problem with this. You are taking data from MULTIPLE changes that you have made in the last couple weeks, mainly doing a gem sale, and turning it to suit your "solution" to the revenue problem being the r/e pots. This just furthers the fact that you just really don't care about any of us if you are going to fudge the figures anyway you want to.
Andy

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm

admin wrote:EP is that one that makes easier for infinite loop which resurfaces the problem all over again. High levels don't really burn RP when energy farming. This proposal would be unfair to those who has limited amount time to play, as they would prefer the reverse. The middle solution is basically the current status quo, and things are looking fine right now.

What exactly is the problem with working for energy potions? Your solution is to encourage people to play the game less. That makes no logical sense at all.

As for people who play more benefiting more, that's the case with every game out there. Play more, get more benefits. You should be doing everything you can to encourage people to play more. You're not making sense.
Browncoat

Re: Loss of friends in game/decreased activity

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:10 pm

ruffriders23 wrote:They'll just lock this one.

Look... we all have guild mates leaving, and not a single person I've talked on mobile or Facebook like the new changes. In fact, I've heard more people say they will never spend a penny now that Playmage has went all Marshal Law on the game. Me... I'll hang around and play, but I won't spend another penny on the game as long as the players aren't listened to, and taken seriously, by the Admin on here. I honestly feel they are way too dismissive to customers on here... and that's what we are... customers.

Yeah, my guild is toast I think. Only two have logged in within the last day. 2 more in the last day, and beyond that, it's been a while for these folks.

I fare better on the friends list, only 13 appear to have quit the game there.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Browncoat wrote:You should be doing everything you can to encourage people to play more. You're not making sense.

By your logic, we should just toss the entire energy system out of the window. There are games without energy system, and they are usually large mmos style games...

The reason for the energy system is so that after you spent your natural energy, fight everyone's raid bosses, battle the guild boss, you can spend rest time hang around while waiting more energy, or spend some energy pots earned or purchased if you really want to play more. The energy system was pretty much broken and none existent before the change, as most players can earned EP in an infinite loop (players still can earn them now, but at a more limited way). I also wouldn't call running the phone on auto-spin in the mines entire day "playing more", compared to actually playing carefully and optimally, and socializing with others on strategy and card teams, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavAnt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:02 pm

admin wrote:The reason for the energy system is so that after you spent your natural energy, fight everyone's raid bosses, battle the guild boss, you can spend rest time hang around while waiting more energy, or spend some energy pots earned or purchased if you really want to play more. The energy system was pretty much broken and none existent before the change, as most players can earned EP in an infinite loop (players still can earn them now, but at a more limited way). I also wouldn't call running the phone on auto-spin in the mines entire day "playing more", compared to actually playing carefully and optimally, and socializing with others on strategy and card teams, etc.

So your problem is with EP more than RP??? I can live with that because I can use natural energy and conserve EP for when needed, however, I cannot get used to the price on RP. Is there any way to compromise here? I propose changing prices of RP back to the norm before the change and maybe just give us a slight break on EP. Current EP price in GS is 3000 points for 1.....can we maybe make it 2500 points giving us a 500 point break? And current EP price for 2 is 5000 points....can we maybe make it 4500 points giving us a 500 point break there to? This will help make your customers happy and we can spend gems on what we want and not potions. I also would not be opposed to taking card slots out of guild shop, I would pay for that if need be in future. I would rather pay slots than EP or RP.

With the difficult levels in special maps and guild wars, we need RP. If I don't stock up it will make war difficult, I will not use gems on extra turns (which I do at times) if I do not have the necessary RP to get a decent score.Please give us our RP back at NORMAL price. I think I am being reasonable here.
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Postby admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:37 pm

If we drop RP price (eg. to 1000 lower), we would have to increase EP further by the same amount to balance out the the extended-farming difficulty. There are many players like Browncoat and many level 150+ who wouldn't agree to increase EP further. The current price being the same is the middle ground... Also we already made compromises, or we would just went ahead and made potion single-purchase from the guild shop outright, nor would there be 2x/3x Exp and Pal points etc. As for for potions, there is not much room for further compromises at this point.
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavAnt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:23 pm

admin wrote:If we drop RP price (eg. to 1000 lower), we would have to increase EP further by the same amount to balance out the the extended-farming difficulty. There are many players like Browncoat and many level 150+ who wouldn't agree to increase EP further. The current price being the same is the middle ground... Also we already made compromises, or we would just went ahead and made potion single-purchase from the guild shop outright, nor would there be 2x/3x Exp and Pal points etc. As for for potions, there is not much room for further compromises at this point.

I guess I just don't understand what one has to do with the other? Why do they have to be the same price or why does one have to go up for the other to go down? You said you were specifically concerned with the energy aspect of this, so why not leave the RP alone and focus on the energy? And just because you put up a poll or said there was a compromise doesn't mean there was actually one. I do not see any compromise, just your actions with disregard to our opinions.

Should I ask Browncoat his opinion prior to you, I am a level 170+ player does my opinion nor any of my guild mate opinion matter here? If the problem is with EP and you will not change that, then I'm sure players (even 150+) will not be opposed to you at least returning RP back to normal. I just don't see the issue unless you make it an issue.

According to you, EP are what power the energy loop, so what do RP price/point increase have to do with this loop? Also, we (most of us, if not all of us) do not care about pal points being 2x or 3x, we never asked for this, it is not a compromise. Experience is good, no complaints there, but that can be the compromise for EP increase, RP can still be left alone? You can just leave it at 2x and not 3x (experience) and it will be ok.

Any thoughts here DE players??
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Postby raven99 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 pm

+1 on your posts (both posts) RavAnt

I'm also level 170+ player
raven99

Postby admin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:54 am

The RP was also increased because the doubling EP only doesn't fully prevent 150+ players from energy looping (so RP was increased to reduce the gain from infinite loop). This is why I said earlier if that we left RP alone, then EP would needed to be tripled. The current balance of having both at same price is more balanced for the game overall, and it allows high levels to continue play indefinitely, but at much lower RP gain speed.

Now that things are clarified on this topic. I am locking this thread. Any further suggestions can be posted to the suggestion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13852
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion