Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Re: Some better ideas

Postby Patrick4801 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Okie_1 wrote:Perhaps you could try to make the players feel better by not making everything so darn hard. Players who want really hard maps can play on the Advanced Maps. Bonus maps are ridiculous. No player wants to have to spend energy, potions, and the wasted time playing 20-30 times to get gold chest. You have advanced the power of bosses so much the new players don't stand a chance of getting anything worth while. How bout making the cards evolve not just from 7 to 8* and 4 to 5* but start 5* and evolve them to 8* cards. JUST THINK ABOUT IT Y'ALL MAKE US HAPPY WE'LL MAKE YOU RICH.

I agree totally. I've been playing for over a year and can't even farm the hell stage anymore without using a ton of revives. I used to count on these maps to get 2x attack/Hp cards, like the spirits, to build my deck to where I could get to 50k for wars if I used some gems. I'm much stronger than I was back then, but even now I have no chance. So I've stopped playing them altogether. I never minded using a ton of energy pots and decent amount of revived to get my cards skilled, but now what's the point. It takes 5+ revives per round just to wait for the chests to drop. With all of the normal and advanced maps cleared I now have nothing to use my energy on but gem dragons. I don't mean to complain but it sucks
Patrick4801

Potions

Postby Browncoat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:22 pm

So with the changes in place now for this weekend, I've been able to farm a total of 390,000 gps this weekend. I figure if I keep at it, by the end of the weekend I'll have 500-600k gps. That will be enough to buy me 2 potions if they ever come up. I have a couple of revive potions left, and a couple of energy potions, both of which I'm hesitant to use.

So the overall change for me this week has been very little gold farming, I did not get to 50k in the guild war (first time since the first time Azrael appeared), and I did not get a chance to skill Loki at all. I was able to pick up one copy of Sir Galahad; nothing on the white map thus far.

This is a huge change for me. My guild results in the war dropped from ~300-400k to 88k. This is all anecdotal, but just my experience.

I'm finding myself playing other games while I wait for energy to build back up instead of just playing Dragon Era all the time like before. Candy Crush is getting some love.
Browncoat

Re: Potions

Postby RavAnt » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:04 pm

I completely agree Browncoat.

I haven't played special maps very often since they started to use so many revives but now I'm not even going to try for the special maps card unless it is very good, which isn't the case right now. With the new extremely high prices in effect, I'm also just using my natural energy and trying to conserve my revive potions.

I completely forgot about candy crush, thanks for reminding me of that game.

Also, some of my friends decided to make DE forum accounts to voice their outrage, I mean their opinions, re recent changes but none of their comments were ever posted. Does anyone know how long it takes these so called mediators to approve a post and give access so they can post regularly???
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Re: Potions

Postby delta » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Iirc, it took about 24-48 hrs for first post to be approved. But i did have a friend who registered and made first post, but that post was never posted. So if they don't approve of post, it will never appear.

I am also playing this game a lot less now. No more timed bonus maps, no using rps when doing raid boss, etc.
delta

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Just throwing some statistics at people:
If you mine 30 million each weekend before the change you get a profit of 155 potions, after the change the profit is only 35 potions.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby RavAnt » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 pm

thievingsquirrel wrote:Just throwing some statistics at people:
If you mine 30 million each weekend before the change you get a profit of 155 potions, after the change the profit is only 35 potions.

Did you factor in the use of epots used to mine?

The profit is not worth it, and I'm not going to spend money on potions. With the new changes I just might not spend money on anything in this game anymore. The only reason to play anymore is because I like my guild and I've made friends in this game, but many are leaving so .........??? Not sure about the future of this game.
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:49 pm

RavAnt wrote:
thievingsquirrel wrote:Just throwing some statistics at people:

Did you factor in the use of epots used to mine?

The profit is not worth it, and I'm not going to spend money on potions. With the new changes I just might not spend money on anything in this game anymore. The only reason to play anymore is because I like my guild and I've made friends in this game, but many are leaving so .........??? Not sure about the future of this game.

Yes I did, that's why the number of potions were lower.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby ruffriders23 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Back from my 1 month ban by the Playmage Admin.

I found myself mining FAR less this weekend knowing that potions are double the price. There just wasn't the same desire to blow energy potions knowing there is almost no profit in it when potions do come up in my guild shop. The game is just not as fun knowing Playmage is gunning for my wallet.
ruffriders23

Postby raven99 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:54 pm

ruffriders23 wrote:Back from my 1 month ban by the Playmage Admin.

I found myself mining FAR less this weekend knowing that potions are double the price. There just wasn't the same desire to blow energy potions knowing there is almost no profit in it when potions do come up in my guild shop. The game is just not as fun knowing Playmage is gunning for my wallet.

+1

Desire to play game has declined now that I don't have access to reasonably priced potions in the guild shop anymore.
raven99

Loss of friends in game/decreased activity

Postby raven99 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:04 pm

I decided to make a new thread because my comments were not posted before because the previous thread was locked prior to a mediators approval, but I wanted to support my guild mate, RavAnt, and I completely agree with her post so I copied and pasted it below. I also did this because I have also noticed many on my friends list that have not been active since the recent guild shop changes re potions. Many of these players have been long time friends and veterans to the game. I am concerned, I don't want to lose any more friends. This is not an exaggeration, it is a reality. If anyone else is losing friends because of recent changes in game, please comment in this thread. I want to prove that this is not an exaggeration, as admin is accusing.

thievingsquirrel wrote:

RavAnt wrote:

admin wrote:We are aware that a few player may leave the game due to this change, as we have expected that a few may whenever any change happens. It's no where near as much as some of you describing, and probably way less than when we configured Trusty Knight map too hard due to Earth's 0 CD. There is no need point in exaggerating the situation, nor is a good idea to create panic on the forum if you want your friends to stay.

A few players?......I just found out this morning that one of the most dedicated and quite possibly the highest ranked player of the game is now leaving and selling their account. I also know of at least 5 others. This is sad. Let me explain, however, I doubt you will comprehend. 

To many of us friendship and loyalty are why we continue with this game. We join guilds, not only to get a boss card, but to be a part of something. We often choose a guild based on the players we wish to associate with and bond with. We also select our friend list in a similar manor. So it is a big deal or a huge deal when we see these players leave because to you they are replaceable, to us they are a friend, a guild mate, a loyal gamer who may have provided a bit of competition that would keep us motivated. It is heartbreaking that this is happening, and your inability to show compassion is even worse. We are not exaggerating, we are showing our feelings. For many of us, this "exaggeration" or "over reaction", is an attempt to hold onto a game that we enjoy and an attempt to keep a family put together of fellow players with similar interests.

I hope your money is worth it.

+1

+++1 more to the above quote from RavAnt
raven99

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion