killing raid boss

killing raid boss

Postby NaTaCha » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:55 am

I just would like to ask all players, please, out of respect for all, if you go after a raid boss and get the message that says someone is already fighting that boss, be kind and back up and find another rb to fight. Ive lost rb rewards 3 times this week because someone killed a rb that i was in the middle of fighting.
NaTaCha

Re: killing raid boss

Postby mistervista » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 am

Agreed. I try to leave some for others to finish off too because it's better if several players kill the same one as you all have a chance of getting the card then.
mistervista

Postby Browncoat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:04 pm

interesting.

I have two raid boss teams. One that takes a while but can kill a level 70 boss, and one that can do ~80% damage very quickly. When I see someone's already fighting, I switch to my snipe team.

I'll have to think about this.
Browncoat

Postby Merryweather » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Hitting a RB when someone else is already hitting (unless you have made a prior arrangement with someone else to share the dmg) is a dick move.
Is there more to think about than that? (I hope I misunderstood what you are saying, Browncoat)

Yes, a lot of people can't take out big bosses by themselves, and yes, there's more potential gain if multiple people hit the same boss, even though
most will only get 1 card instead of 2, but it's bad form to jump into someone else's fight. That's my opinion, but I'd be very surprised if it's not shared
by a majority of players.
Merryweather -- Majestic Warlords (FB server)
Merryweather

Postby Browncoat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:40 pm

I guess I agree, in principal. It's the way the game's set up, and it happens to me from time to time as well. That said, it's a "friends" list, so probably shouldn't be sniping friends. If it was open, I'd have no problem.

The people are getting their card. They just aren't getting two. They might not even get one, depending on their team's strength.
Browncoat

Postby SheepAtog » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:17 am

Robbing them of a potential second card is still kind of a dick move though. You could just fight something else and leave them be?

It's happened to me a couple times this week, I finish off a boss that a teammate weakened so we can both get cards and someone snipes me so I get only one for killing the boss because it counts as participation.
SheepAtog

Postby Browncoat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Right, so I have yet to get a chance to fight a raid mob over level 20 without it already being killed or someone already fighting it. Highest fight I've had is level 14. Now they are already releasing the next raid boss, so the term is half over.

Sniping is back on the table.
Browncoat

Postby SheepAtog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 am

sounds like you need some more active friends.

You might all be sniping eachother because your all getting sniped by eachother. it almost never happens to me.

Each RB you spawn level should go up by one every time it's killed by someone,so if your friends don't spawn many/they escape they wont level up as fast. Seems that they're always being defeated but you must not have that many people spawning them as often as they can.

Mines level 40 for nidhogg (who is on the way out) and ive got only one. Some of my guildmates are spawning 70s but I cant scratch them :|
SheepAtog

Postby Browncoat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:43 am

SheepAtog wrote:sounds like you need some more active friends.

Without a doubt. Most everyone has quit the game or reduced their playing.
Browncoat

Postby Browncoat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 am

So my strategy now is to just kill my own raid boss every hour. I'm not getting a lot of options to attack, and nobody is killing my own. So I'm running some low energy maps until one pops, and killing them.

Question - can you spawn more than one raid boss at a time? It doesn't seem to be the case, but just want to verify.
Browncoat

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion