Demon of Black Heaven Team

Demon of Black Heaven Team

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:24 pm

A friend of mine noticed that I was using Demon of Black Heaven as the leader of one of my teams, and asked me what the team was and what map I was playing it on. I tried to respond over the in-game message, but apparently Playmage has decided that I'm not allowed to send PMs anymore, so I couldn't send it. So, on the off-chance that my friend reads these forums, I decided to answer the question here, for whatever it's worth.

The team I'm using is Demon of Black Heaven (leader), Evil Imp, Enchanted Light Pinocchio (skilled), Earth Imp, and Flesh Lotus Queen. I am using this team to grind for Dark Pages in Dishonorable Knight - Difficult map. The Demon pumps attack and HP of demon types 2.5, so health is decent because everything else is a Demon type. But the Imps and Pino have such low attacks that I can use the team to grind without much risk of blowing through the level before I collect all 6 chests. The Evil Imp and Flesh Lotus Queen provide me poison to finish of the 5th and 6th waves relatively quickly after I get the chests, and the Demon's hit takes the majority of the 7th wave's health. For the friends' card, I always bring an auto-healer, particularly Chimera, if I can get one, so I can kill the last wave in about two or three spins.

When I was playing the Insane and Hell maps, back before the cost of revives made it imprudent to do so, I replaced the Evil Imp and the Flesh Lotus with my most powerful black and red cards that would still get DoBH's boost, but they're just not worth running, in my opinion.

I would just like to add that I really, really hate the "bring one of each color" stipulation that this round of bonus maps had. I much preferred the "don't bring this one specific color" or the "bring whatever you want, but this color won't be available" restrictions.
RavenoftheBlack

Re: Demon of Black Heaven Team

Postby Browncoat » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:14 pm

RavenoftheBlack wrote:I would just like to add that I really, really hate the "bring one of each color" stipulation that this round of bonus maps had. I much preferred the "don't bring this one specific color" or the "bring whatever you want, but this color won't be available" restrictions.

I like it - it keeps the game interesting. I'd like to see this expanded beyond just color. Only this color, no beasts, one of each type (human, beast, etc.), only human, no full heals, no delay timer, etc.

But only if the levels are tooled right. This trend that it's impossible to survive wave 1 without revives, coupled with the rarity of them in the shop and the expense, makes the higher level maps pointless.
Browncoat

Postby Browncoat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Browncoat wrote:
RavenoftheBlack wrote:I would just like to add that I really, really hate the "bring one of each color" stipulation that this round of bonus maps had. I much preferred the "don't bring this one specific color" or the "bring whatever you want, but this color won't be available" restrictions.

I like it - it keeps the game interesting. I'd like to see this expanded beyond just color. Only this color, no beasts, one of each type (human, beast, etc.), only human, no full heals, no delay timer, etc.

But only if the levels are tooled right. This trend that it's impossible to survive wave 1 without revives, coupled with the rarity of them in the shop and the expense, makes the higher level maps pointless.

New map - impossible to survive more than 5 turns unless very lucky. /slow clap

It's really not that hard to do these right.
Browncoat

Postby mistervista » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:07 am

It's getting even more ridiculous now, they don't even give you chance for your cards to countdown before they kill you because of the massive damage they do coupled with their zero or very short countdown.
I've had to use 4 revives several times just on the insane stage! I give up with this bullshit.
mistervista

Postby admin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:51 am

We have lowered the "Hell" stage's first two waves's enemy attack power.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mistervista » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:37 am

admin wrote:We have lowered the "Hell" stage's first two waves's enemy attack power.

Thanks but I can't do "Insane" stage never mind "Hell".
mistervista

Postby admin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:06 pm

We have also lowered the insane stage's attack as well.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Discussion