Guild boss brutal strikes within 10-15 spins

Guild boss brutal strikes within 10-15 spins

Postby Gerry » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:23 pm

I recently built new teams for guild war that have 80000+ HP. Since doing this I have been getting hit by the Guild War Boss somewhere between 10-15 spins by brutal strikes doing 40000 HP damage x2. After getting hit I do a full heal and the very next strike is a brutal strike for 40000 HP damage x2 again. Is this working as intended? If so what is the point in building a team with that many HP? I was getting less damage and doing more damage with a team combo of Zeus and Frost Pinnochio!
Gerry

Re: Guild boss brutal strikes within 10-15 spins

Postby admin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:15 pm

The boss uses brutal attack when its HP falls within certain percentage ranges (there is two of them).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sir Lukas » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi Gerry

The first brutal is under the C at the right of Boss health bar ( CD:2 ) knowing that you can adjust your strategy if you have the right cards Ex :nullify or delay attacks,reduce damage etc.
Sir Lukas

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Sir Lukas wrote:Hi Gerry

The first brutal is under the C at the right of Boss health bar ( CD:2 ) knowing that you can adjust your strategy if you have the right cards Ex :nullify or delay attacks,reduce damage etc.

The problem with this, though, is because the Guild War bosses continually increase the damage with each attack, you really can't wait too long, even with 80,000+ HP. And Atalanta was particularly frustrating, because she "randomly" sealed half of your team for five turns. In my first five attempts on the boss, she sealed my leaders 9 times. 4 out of the 5 attempts, she seals both of my leaders, and the other time, she only hit one. I still say that it is completely absurd that the seal takes away the health bonus of the leaders. One seal, and I take something like 50,000 damage, often on turn 3. There is virtually no recovering from that unless you have the best cards fully skilled, or you get insanely lucky on healing and/or free spins.

And let's not forget that they upped the GW Bosses' HP by a fourth of their previous total without upping the GW point value at all, thus making it more difficult to get the same results we used to get.

Of course, Playmage doesn't want you to succeed, or at least not without burning as many revives as they can get you to burn.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Sir Lukas » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:34 pm

The new Gemini dragons was a great help for me in last war.A must have card in my opinion.
Sir Lukas

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am

admin wrote:The boss uses brutal attack when its HP falls within certain percentage ranges (there is two of them).

Thanks for the reply, I discovered that the 2x 40k apparently is normal for Atalanta and I am just achieving it quicker because 8* Gemini Dragon is doing 200-250k damage every 5 turns! :)

Sir Lukas wrote:The new Gemini dragons was a great help for me in last war.A must have card in my opinion.

Yeah my team for this was 7* Gemini dragon, 7* Snake Spirit, 8* Fafnir, 5* Earth Squire, 7* Echidna and 8* Gemini Dragon helper.
Next water based boss will get a couple of Water Souls thrown in there somewhere!
Gerry

Postby Gerry » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 pm

admin wrote:The boss uses brutal attack when its HP falls within certain percentage ranges (there is two of them).

OK while this partially answered my question it totally ignored the most important part of my question which was why I was getting hit with 2 attacks at 40,000 hp a piece.
I can fight any guild boss with the following team and never get hit with 40,000 a piece on the brutal attacks:
6* Hell Marionette, 8* Light & Dark Queen, 6* Zeus, 5* Enchanted Ice Pinnochio, 6* Take your pick (Within 3 turns, whatever based attacks are nullified) and any star Chimera.
With this team I am almost guaranteed to get the guild boss under 50% HP which will grant me 900+ GP and while I do get a brutal attack used against me it is never for 40,000 HP a piece.
Only when I use a team, and I haven't narrowed it down yet but lets just say, with 70,000+ hit points do I ever get hit with a brutal attack that is 40,000 HP a piece.

So again I will ask, why is this happening instead of the usual progression of small hits becoming bigger and bigger and so on. Are we now being punished for spending money to buy cards?
Gerry

Postby Browncoat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 pm

there's hits that get harder over time, including double hits. There is ALSO random seals and brutal hits. The brutal hits are a set value. None of this has to do with what team you have.
Browncoat

Postby Gerry » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 am

Browncoat wrote:there's hits that get harder over time, including double hits. There is ALSO random seals and brutal hits. The brutal hits are a set value. None of this has to do with what team you have.

Sorry but this statement is not true. The brutal attacks that hit me after I hit the guild boss with Zeus, ie...after 30 spins, are for 10,000 and 24,000. The only time I have ever been hit for 40,000 and 40,000 is when I use a team with over 70,000 HP and it happens before 30 spins and before I have removed 30% of the bosses HP and it is not random, it happens every time I play a team with that many HP unless I get a lot of free spins.
Gerry

Postby Gerry » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:47 am

I just tested with 2 different teams. The first team did well over 2 million in damage and went 45 spins before being killed and never received a brutal attack. That team had 10,761 HP. The second team did less than 1 million in damage before it received it's first brutal attack at spin 16, I got a free spin or it would have been sooner. That team had 88,172 HP. The only thing unusual about the results I got was normally the first team would have been hit by a brutal attack right after getting pounded by Zeus, Chimera and Ice Pinnochio but the testing with the second team is exactly what I am talking about with the exception of I normally don't get the free spin before getting that first brutal attack for 40,000 HP x 2.
Gerry

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion