Original Dragons

Re: Original Dragons

Postby Phileina » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:18 am

Hi Playmage
Thats all fine but arent these cards the core of your game and to be honest they were nevere obatainable ( i mean dual element ones) when they mattered. I understand as the game evolves more powerful cards are released but i think the dragons should keep up with the game progress. Aside from that they are still not upgradable (unless you have 6 dual elements of same type which would take me my whole live) so whats the point even if they are free dual element is not that great for those cards bottom line they are pretty crap for the pain and effort invested and because they are the only dual element cards free to obtain still does not support the crap stats. Also when did we get a chance to upgrade their skill, never............
Phileina

Postby mistervista » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 am

Phileina wrote:Hi Playmage
Thats all fine but arent these cards the core of your game and to be honest they were nevere obatainable ( i mean dual element ones) when they mattered. I understand as the game evolves more powerful cards are released but i think the dragons should keep up with the game progress. Aside from that they are still not upgradable (unless you have 6 dual elements of same type which would take me my whole live) so whats the point even if they are free dual element is not that great for those cards bottom line they are pretty crap for the pain and effort invested and because they are the only dual element cards free to obtain still does not support the crap stats. Also when did we get a chance to upgrade their skill, never............

Exactly. We should at least have had some bonus maps containing cards to skill them up because even if they had better stats overall the high CD makes them useless on the very difficult modern maps and guild wars.
mistervista

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:36 pm

admin wrote:When dual element dragon was first introduced, they were quite useful, or no one would spent the effort to make them. While they are less useful compared to recent new cards, they are still the only dual-element cards that can be obtained without spending Gems (saving 1000 Gem for dual element recruit isn't easy either). There are also many other once-useful cards that has been outdated over time as we released more powerful cards, including boss cards top guilds spend thousands of Gems to obtain, and many are weaker than the dual element dragons in comparison.

I'm sorry, but do you have a concept of how much grinding it takes to get a basically useless card? 128 Baby dragons, which in my experience takes upwards of a year, IF you check your shop regularly. Half of those need to be leveled up to level 20, to be evolved into 64 3* dragons. Half of those need to get to level 20 to become 32 4* dragons. 16 5*, 8 6*, 4 7*, 2 8*, which gets you the dual. For each of those, it takes something like 40-60 fodder cards to get them leveled up, unless you waste gold buying exp dragons from the shop. Which means that to get one dual dragon, you will need to find somewhere between 5040 and 7560 chump cards to feed to them to strengthen them to 20.

On top of that, there is also the material cost to evolve them. If you are working with, say, the red dragons, to get to its Dual form, you would need to obtain and use 112 Dragon Hearts, 24 Flying Dragon Hearts, 8 Ruby Dragon Hearts, 8 Royal Dragon Hearts, 32 Red Coins, 24 Red Bags, 8 Red Maps, 6 Rainbow Chests, 4 Red Chests, 7 Rainbow Maps, 2 Rainbow Pearls, and a Red Pearl.

If you want a Dual Drgaon of each color, it's five times all of that.

So, when you say that we can get them without gems, you are right. But that doesn't mean that that kind of persistence, dedication, and ridiculous amount of playing time should be so woefully unrewarded. If there were any place in the game to grind for dragons, maybe you could justify it. If skill levels stayed with the dragons through evolution, so we could skill them up first, that might be different. If your skill up mechanic was didn't require using the exact same ability name, maybe. But as it is, you have a dangling carrot in your game that seems like it should give the players something for an almost year-long investment, and it doesn't.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby Browncoat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:06 pm

admin wrote:When dual element dragon was first introduced, they were quite useful, or no one would spent the effort to make them.

Um, no they weren't. I got my first within a month or two of them being introduced. It's still level 1, never been used.

I got all of them only in the hopes that they are improved some day, and because I try to get all the cards.

What would be interesting is if you could keep evolving them. For example, evolve 2 dual elements together and get a tri element. 2 tri elements and get a quad element. And so on. That would take forever, but would probably be worth working toward.

To get a 5 element dragon, you'd need.... 1,024 baby dragons.
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion