Guardian of the South decreased attack

Re: Guardian of the South decreased attack

Postby dilsama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Just leave the card alone. Give us chances for some mid range cards (between 20x and 50x) and give us NEW content that is appropriately matched to the power-cards (50x vermy).
dilsama

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 pm

I want my money back! This is totally a scam and I'm done playing
Paul

Postby chaossojer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 am

PM, to be honest, what really upsets me is not your 'fix' on Guardian of the South, but the way you have handled it.

1. You blindside the entire player base with a 'sneaky' patch to 'fix' one of the most popular cards currently in the game without any warning whatsoever.
Zero efforts were made to reach out to the player base at all to even inform us about it, and it was only after players found out about it and inquired that you made an announcement on the forum, which I'm sure most of the player base do not even visit.

2. When players asked to find out more about why such a 'fix' was implemented, PM you had the GALL to mention that you were surprised that no players had informed you that the card in question was actually broken.
Personally, how would I even know the card was broken in the first place? Given the amount of textual errors in the newer kingdom bonus maps and GW cards when they were first released, for all we know, it could be another textual error on your part. Last I recalled, the mechanics of even your monthly gem recruit card Mulan wasn't even working properly on the facebook server.

To me, your initial stance made me feel as if you had no intention of acknowledging and apologising for making such a mistake or compensating your player base, and only seemed to become apologetic and offer compensation after more and more players started to speak up.
This is just poor attitude to me, and I have no idea how you're going to justify such attitude, but then again taking 6 months to discover and fix a mistake in a card should probably have clued me in about your attitude in the first place.

There is probably so much more that upsets myself and likely other players, but this is the best I can do to sum it up in my current state.
chaossojer

Postby Shefanhow » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:42 am

So here is my 2 cents on the matter. (Which if we can be honest with ourselves I feel is what you are really interested in). I took a bit of a hiatus, and upon coming back, what has been made apparent to me, is that is your main concern. The bottom line. I missed playing DE as I remember how much fun it was to rally my guild, dish out everything we could versus boss fights, and trudge through the maps, helping each other and new players find the cards they needed to fit their play styles, as well as round out perfect teams for every situation.
Now, I was expecting to be well behind the curve after such a long break, and unfortunately it seems that the game has now become about nothing but doing what we used to do as a team for cards and marerials. Farming. But it isn't us doing it anymore. It's you. Farming all that you can out of the people you are supposed to be taking care of.
I saw the posts upon my return. How you looked into accounts and decided that their was too much of a stock pile on potions, that you weren't making as much money anymore from gem buys for potions. So you doubled the guild shop price. Well done, take it out on players, might as well. Their may have been other changes that I have missed, but I'm sure I can go through and find some announcements about that.
I feel, with the new issue with the GoTS, the same thing happened, it took this long for you to realize something was wrong when you figured;
"Oh, people aren't buying as much stuff as they had been, must have messed up somewhere".
And decided to (as stated by others previously) backdoor and make an update to fix your "error". If that is truly what it was, with a post in the forums that's had what, 40 something views? Come on, you knew if you put a login message in to all of the players, your email would have been blown up like the 4th of July, and just as colorfully I can assume.
And it's not just the people that bought the card that are affected, as previously stated, people passed things up, or even as I did bought things to make a better team as I was not around when GoTS was available. This is widespread, but what's it really matter? Right?
Do I think you will fix it? No, it's become pretty apparent that you are final in your statements, and that there will be no backtracking this into a positive situation. But let's be honest here, it wasn't about fixing things in game, it was about fixing the bottom line.
Shefanhow

Postby mistervista » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 am

Tasov wrote:Easy fix, change description on card to X 50… the honorable thing to do. Case closed

+1
mistervista

Postby Tasov » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm

And done with
Tasov

Postby LIQUID » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm just trying to figure out how it took you guys 6 months to figure it out. The funny thing was that you guys said non of the players brought this to your attention. No one should of because if it was PROPERLY TESTED it wouldn't have been released wrong. So either you guys did a half ass job testing or just didn't test in the first place. I came back to this game after a long absence & I'm almost sorry I did.
Oh and p.s. Playmage. If your trying to completely ruin the game to the point it has to get shut down, keep doing what your doing. 3 members of my guild have already quit because of this. This being the last straw in a long line of b.s. from you guys.
LIQUID

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 pm

I'll be honest, I don't actually blame PM on this one. Oh, like many of you have said, they made the initial mistake and they have addressed it in an inconsiderate and unprofessional way, and it should have been caught (by them, not us) much, much sooner, AND this did affect buying decisions between then and now, but it was a broken card. Personally, I bought the card for the 5-turn full heal. The damage turned out to be a pleasant surprise, and made me feel for about the first time that I was competitive, and it does really suck at how much worse the card is now by comparison. Before, using a Sleeping Beauty helper, I could do about 4.4 million damage with my Guardian, and with the relative new Cleapatra, about 3.7 or 3.4, I think. That's now dropped to about 1.7 and 1.3 or so, and that's a pretty major drop, and it sucks. I didn't know that there was anything "wrong" with the card, I just thought I had bought the right one. All of that sucks, but the 5-turn full heal is still worth it to me, because that's why I bought it in the first place.

What concerns me much more is the general attitude Playmage seems to have toward their players. To make a mistake that this that got all the way through development, testing, and then through 6 months of play, and then to turn it on us and say that WE should have said something about it, is completely ridiculous. As others have said, your terms are extremely vague. Big damage, great damage, gigantic damage, I don't know what they mean, nor do I stop to do the math to see how much more than usual damage a card is doing, especially when stacked with other bonuses that combine in who knows what order. Besides that, I will definitely not be talking about anything good in this game to you guys after this, because I'll always have to fear that that "good thing" will be taken away when you notice it.

For those of you surprised about how Playmage communicated this to us players, don't be. Playmage wants to control what information flows where about its game in any way it can. When the potion price change came around last year, I spoke out against it, and because of it, Playmage literally shut off my ability to talk to my friends in the game. More than a year later, I still can't send messages, or post to my guild's message board. I guess they're concerned I might criticize them, and rather than try to be a company that deserves praise rather than criticism, they put gag orders out on the critics. This is nothing new. PM's been doing this for a long time.

I don't know if this is all part of some plan to drive older players away from the game, or just another in a series of mistakes and poor decisions. The card did need to be changed if that effect was not what was described. It would be nice if Playmage would do something for those of us who are now worse off for their mistake, something other than saying they'll take our card and give us back gems, but all things considered, I'm not too upset about this one, personally.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby mefa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Firstly,
My interest in the game has been already dropped. This game used to be a game of careful observation, calculation, patience and hard work...

Now, it is just spend $ and get a good card OR just a waste of time for long missions to get weak cards....

Second:
I feel that all my hitting stats have been slightly dropped!!!
Anyone else has noticed anything?

Third:
The last map which had some joy for me was RAID boss, it still needed focus, care and cooperation to kill the boss...
However, CD which was max10 turned into 18 for Lv1/7 and 12max and now 21!! for Lv1/10!!!
Finally, the hits are so small that I rarely can get the card when I kill the RAID boss.
There is no other x200 card after a few years:(
mefa

Postby Tasov » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:25 pm

this thread will be locked if we get tracked off of the main subject.I am just waiting for administration response to all these new posts,I have four accounts and bought quite a few of the Vbird.still want the gigantic damaged returned and description changed to match
Tasov

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion