Guardian of the South decreased attack

Re: Guardian of the South decreased attack

Postby Shefanhow » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Unfortunately I think the silence on the part of admin is speaking the volumes they will not about this particular subject.
Shefanhow

Postby Merryweather » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Well the choice is simple. PM must own their mistake and return the card we have been playing with (not the card they originally intended to create), and chalk it up to lesson learned (and by the way; spank the testers) or lose a lot of once-dedicated players. I myself have 7 accounts, and bought sleeping beauty, 5 vermilion bird and 5 cleopatra for all 7 of them (as well as many other premium cards over the years). If PM thinks they don't need those kinds of gem purchases anymore, fine. I'll miss a game I enjoyed, but I'll have a lot more time and $$ to spend on other things.

Get it together Playmage -- silence in the face of controversy, too, is unprofessional.
Merryweather -- Majestic Warlords (FB server)
Merryweather

Postby tntgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:10 pm

I think the biggest issue is by far we all bought vermi for 5cd full hp and an awesome att i myself use a new card to see how good it is with this one i told everyone i could it was a must get card 6 months later sneak attack by PM and bye bye BEST CARD EVER thankyou PM how many others will be NOTICED in the future is a major concern to us all leave cards as released CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE RELEASE with this card please change description to suit original damage and cop this one on the chin for future faith in card releases
tntgamer

Postby tntgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 pm

P.S i have had ovee 10 accts since starting i have given them away (most are still active and had $ put into then b4 and after i gave them away) i have been loyaly playing pretty much since game started i currently have 2 well equipped expensive lvl 200 accts which alot of players use my leads as helpers. Carefully consider putting back vermi as released with proper description if you want to salvage your respect of all players just this once and do ALOT OF PRE RELEASE TESTING BEFORE ANY FUTURE RELEASE OF GAME CONTENT
tntgamer

Postby tntgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Please reply to this thread with goid news playmage it wont break you to give us this break to insure future returnsto your development of DE
tntgamer

Postby admin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 pm

LIQUID wrote:I'm just trying to figure out how it took you guys 6 months to figure it out. The funny thing was that you guys said non of the players brought this to your attention. No one should of because if it was PROPERLY TESTED it wouldn't have been released wrong. So either you guys did a half ass job testing or just didn't test in the first place.

We are sorry it did take us that long to find this issue. Testing is done by human and not machines so mistake can happen, but we should have regressed (retested) the card instead of relying on players telling us the card is dealing 50X instead of 20X damage. The game has been on a downward trend since the card's release, and if this card is not fixed to ensure proper returns on further development, we cannot guarantee any new content as explained previously in an earlier response. This is an unfortunately truth of game operations, so we must fix this card instead of letting the game die.

tntgamer wrote:Please reply to this thread with goid news playmage it wont break you to give us this break to insure future returnsto your development of DE

We have been giving "breaks" when it doesn't affect game's future progression. The Guardian of the West was not changed despite the applying multiplier first, and the 6* and 7* Vermillion Bird cards were left with 20X multiplier instead of lower to 5X to match other 5-CD cards. The 8* Guardian of the South was not really "nerfed", but actually fixed to match what it is designed, described, and announced to be. In fact, it's still one of the best, if not the most useful card in the game, as no player has requested a Gem refund or a replacement for the card yet. To further proof the point, we have decided to make a better and final offer to those who is no longer pleased with the card:

Option 1 - For players who only bought the card who because it's broken 50X attack multiplier (eg. heard from friend or guild mate) and no longer wish to keep the card now, we can offer Gem refunds (based on the cost you purchased, eg. 800 or 1000 gems) after deleting the card from your deck and without reducing any miles previous rewarded. Please send us an email at support@playmage.com with your 6 letter/digit in-game id, and your current coin/gem balance as a proof of account ownership and mention you would like a refund for Guardian of the South.

Option 2 - For those who thinks no longer a top card in the game, we are also offering players with this card an option to change to ANY other card in the game, without any restrictions (eg. this means you can have 3 queen cleopatras if you had 2 before). Please send us an email at support@playmage.com with your 6 letter/digit in-game id, and your current coin/gem balance as a proof of account ownership and mention you want to change the Guardian of the South to another card.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby tntgamer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 am

Disappointing to say the least it still doesnt re instate the card we built teams around with a different description same att we had
tntgamer

Postby Merryweather » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 am

Are you having a hard time understanding this? SIX. MONTHS. I don't know what "testing" your non-machine humans did, but checking
the damage done vs. spec could be done in ONE test. Not a day, not a week, and certainly not 6 months. I understand what you say
about the game going downhill, but if you insist on nerfing this card -- make no mistake, that is what you have done -- you are showing
unequivocally that you are an untrustworthy game company. After 6 months, it's simply too late to change it. I predict the game will
die much faster from this decision than it would by leaving a broken card in the game, if you don't reverse the decision quickly. I
could be wrong, but I guess you're determined to find out, aren't you?

It's not like you offered to refund past miles/event cards that were rendered 100% obsolete by these new CD5 cards, but those are the
chances we take when we buy gems for premium cards -- future cards may prove more useful... but that risk is on us, and as far as I'm
aware, we've accepted it [I don't recall seeing any obsolete-card-related demands in forum so far]. Releasing an accidentally
overpowered card, marketing it as the most powerful card in the game, not doing any decent testing on it for SIX MONTHS, and then
idly wondering why the game is "trending downward" after that? That's on you. Put it back to 50x.
Merryweather -- Majestic Warlords (FB server)
Merryweather

Postby Shefanhow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 am

I mean, on the positive side. At least you kind of came out and said that this decision was costing you, and that over the last 6 months you aren't getting "returns for future development". Without coming our and saying that this decision was geared towards the bottom line. But here's the thing, as long as this game has been running, this is a hiccup. There is a group of players that are not spending as much money right now due to possessing this card. But that's a phase. It will pan out and either they will buy the new cards that come forward, or the next generation players won't be aware of this absolute debacle on your part. It will be a card that drives people to seek put friends that have it and build teams around this card, purchasing cards to support it in a team much as I did.

And trying to justify, no one turning in the cards for their refund, have you seen how many views this has? Less than 500? And I can guarantee a lot of this is most likely the few people that are here championing for everyone else not on the forum, checking to see what news, devolopments, or absolute bull has been posted on this thread since the beginning of it. I know I'm logging in countless times with a large amount of interest in your handling of the situation. And I'm not impressed.
And I can guarantee the low turnout for returns is also largely due to people holding on to their cards, until the official resolution of this matter in hopes that you will see the light and just reinstate the card as it has been for the last six months.
If you are 100% sure on taking this stance, do it the right way and add a login message so that everyone can see what has happened. And please, suggest them to email you and visit the forum threads for anymore insight into the matter from not only yourself, but also the players right along with them.
I'm very afraid that this speedbump in your bottom line is surely going to turn into a full on wreck.
Shefanhow

Postby admin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 am

admin wrote:The 8* Guardian of the South was not really "nerfed", but actually fixed to match what it is designed, described, and announced to be. In fact, it's still one of the best, if not the most useful card in the game, as no player has requested a Gem refund or a replacement for the card yet. To further proof the point, we have decided to make a better and final offer to those who is no longer pleased with the card:

Option 1 - For players who only bought the card who because it's broken 50X attack multiplier (eg. heard from friend or guild mate) and no longer wish to keep the card now, we can offer Gem refunds (based on the cost you purchased, eg. 800 or 1000 gems) after deleting the card from your deck and without reducing any miles previous rewarded. Please send us an email at support@playmage.com with your 6 letter/digit in-game id, and your current coin/gem balance as a proof of account ownership and mention you would like a refund for Guardian of the South.

Option 2 - For those who thinks no longer a top card in the game, we are also offering players with this card an option to change to ANY other card in the game, without any restrictions (eg. this means you can have 3 queen cleopatras if you had 2 before). Please send us an email at support@playmage.com with your 6 letter/digit in-game id, and your current coin/gem balance as a proof of account ownership and mention you want to change the Guardian of the South to another card.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

This is the final resolution. We are offering Gem refund or any card replacement for the fixed Guardian of the South. If you bought other cards to supplement the broken GotS on your team and feel they are no longer useful, we will also offer Gem refund or same-star card replacement for those as well at the same time via same methods mentioned above.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion