androids freezing with new update

Re: androids freezing with new update

Postby mitchlund » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:24 am

Hey guys I have the update and it still freezes from time to time.... not as often but it still freezes. About twice a day rather than every 5 minutes.
mitchlund

Postby pmsupport » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:36 am

Hi mitchlund, thanks for the report. Are you using version 3.0.4? Did the game always freeze when you got 5 identical symbols during auto-spinning? Did it only freeze when you fought map stages (normal map, advanced map, bonus map)? Have the game ever frozen when you were fighting raid bosses or arena?
Please clean some space in your device main memory as well as SD card if the game is installed there to see if it helps.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby MacLeod » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi all, I have the same problems on Android 5.0 lollipop. A fight starts smooth but after a few spins it gets slower and slower. I. E. after round 4 of 7 in fight it freezes often and lags. I did a clean install several times, have enough space on device and ext. sd card. First I thought the reason was my Galaxy S5 after Upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.0 but I tried it on another very clean HTC running 5.0.2 but issues are the same. So for me the reason is based on Lollipop 5.x.

Please fix it, in this way it is nearly impossible to play.

Many thanks. :(
MacLeod

Postby pmsupport » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi MacLeod, the lagging problem should be caused by your Lollipop system not by the game, as there are some news about how Lollipop 5.0 can cause crashes and lagging. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30116319 You can do a search to see if there is a way to fix that.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby MacLeod » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:03 am

Hi pmsupport,

yes, you're right - it is caused by lollipop 5.x.

But maybe your programmers know why the game has such a poor performance in lillipop.
I'm sure you are able to fix that much faster than Google. I think the number of players using lollipop 5.x increases day by day.
And I think it would be too bad when users had to wait for Google to fix it. :(

Many thanks,
MacLeod
MacLeod

Postby pmsupport » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 am

Hi MacLeod, I will forward your request to the dev team to see if they have the time to do it. According to the news, the system is causing lagging problems on many games and it has been so since 5.0, so it should be quite difficult to locate the cause and improve the game performance against this specific android system.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby solplayaluna » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Since going to Lollipop on my HTC One last week, there is no more background music, only sound effects.
It doesn't exactly freeze but the FPS are so low and skips lots of frames, most noticeable after completing a map when all of the coins are suppose to be spilling all over the place it does it in a slow, jerky motion skipping lot of frames. The Game is unbearable to play now, I set the spin to auto and go do something else because it's going to take a very long time to complete.
solplayaluna

Postby GLH-1980s » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:47 pm

I want to start off with letting Playmage know I do love spending time playing Dragon Era out of all the possible games out there to choose from. Games have came and gone for me, as I have tried several and some I have invested a lot of time in (but never $ in those other game). Some might not understand why it is important to do so but I do and hope you are able to continue to put out more content for us loyal players, as well as help trouble shoot the issues at hand for us. Keep Up the great work. And now with that said.

I have had the same problem with my game freezing. The following is a list of why it should not be freezing up on my end.
1) I have the the most current upgrade. I have had it since it was released.
2) It freezes up when it is the only app running. To make sure it is the only thing I have an app killer that shuts down all background bs that should not be running in the first place.
3) my phone has more than enough memory on my hard drive, SD card, and with the ram. It is capable to run multiple internet page, apps, notifications all at once. I have not even had a lag problem with what it is capable of doing. Just an example of my phone not frezeeing, I use to play monopoly slots (until I discovered this game and deleted all my other games just to delicate all playable time to DE) and had it on auto spin for almost 2 1/2 days w/o a problem.
4) I am running Android 4.4.4 KitKat not lollipop.
5) it doesn't just happen when there are five identical symbols.
6) This is why I have a problem with it happening and not just blowing it off as just a glitch. It happened on the GW boss, I spent money on gems to make sure I got that card. When the game freezes and keeps my gems it is a slap in the face to me. Regardless of how much I make or spend I don't just hand money away. When I work I trade my time away from my family for X amount of $. Now some people might not understand the importance of supporting a game but I do and would like to as long as there is something in return that I get. But when my gems are being taken away from me here and there is not cool at all. And when it happens over and over and adds up that's really not cool. So I get gems and my e-pot being taken away from me. The e-pot are a big thing I have a problem with as well, when it happens on Solomon's mines it hurts my energy even more and when happening multiple times that's alot of gold being taken away from my guild and GP taken away from me. I spent weeks (over the course of time I have played this wonderful game) playing and that adds up. I don't have a huge problem with it when it gets fixed, but when it keeps adding up it hurts me in principal.
~~~ Fallen Angels guild, Player name: GoD, game ID: gbdm07 ~~~
GLH-1980s

Postby pmsupport » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi GLH-1980s, I will forward your feedback to the dev team. How many times does the game freeze on you per day now? Please note that the dev team has been trying to improve the game, but it's hard to find the cause of the freezing and force stopping as they can be affected by too many factors.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby GLH-1980s » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I understand it might be hard to track down, but it is pretty irritating on my end. But I love the game enough not to stop play over the issue. It varies. Anywhere from one to maybe three times. I check my phone to see if its warm or hot but it doesn't heat up. I run YouTube for a few hours and it will heat up from that. It seems to do it at the worst times too. I have lost gold chest because of it. That's when I get upset the most by it. As if it wasn't hard enough to get them I get them taken away from me.
~~~ Fallen Angels guild, Player name: GoD, game ID: gbdm07 ~~~
GLH-1980s

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Support