Skill upgrade concern

Skill upgrade concern

Postby mefa » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:19 am

Hello,

I always use 6 cards to do skill upgrade, however due to the pressure from the limited number of cards, I did 2-times using 5 cards and I lost all very rare hard to find cards in both cases in a row.

5 cards means %82 chance, bad luck chance is %18 but the chance of being bad luck for 2 times in a row is:
0.18x0.18=0.0324

This means either I have been so bad luck that %3 has happened to me, or there is a glitch on your random generator for the skill upgrade.

My main request is to ask the design teams/programmer to re-evaluate the random generator.

Another suggestion helpful to reduce the frustration:

To me, it is not a good idea to increase the limit (350) as it is already very high. however due to increased number of skills, skill upgrade is very frustrating.

Therefore, I suggest stop creating new skill names for the some of similar skills. A good example are 8* evolved dragons from 8* dragons! (it is odd already) with very very very high CP of 35 and worse of all changed name for the same skill and limited boost of leader skill (X2 compared to many other cards that they do x2.5)

Anyways, this new 8* evolved dragons from 8* dragons (Is there a better way to mention them?) is another topic but a new skill name for the same skill for these cards and many other cards makes the 350 limited to be low.
mefa

Re: Skill upgrade concern

Postby pmsupport » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi mefa, thanks for the suggestions. Each strengthening is independent. So you had 82% success rate and 18% failure rate each time.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby SeasDiver » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Prior to the upgrade that turned 6 cards from a 90% chance to a 100% chance, I did two 90% upgrades in a row that failed. On the other hand, I have had two and sometimes three 15% chances in a row succeed. Sometimes you are just unlucky.
SeasDiver

Postby mefa » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:03 pm

I know and I am very glad that they changed from 90% to 100%. ( I was one of you that asked for this)
http://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15110&start=10

Considering that it may take lots of times and effort to get 6 similar cards, and what a small advantage is to skill upgrade just 1 for this is so painful

That's why I will never ever use less than 6 cards to skill upgrade :)
mefa

Return to Dragon Era Support