Death tome

Death tome

Postby Aaronh1978 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:54 pm

As I progress through the game, the time came to upgrade weapons. For Sara I ended up going with the death tome due to its high hit rate of 73 whereas others such as divine song had a hit rate of only 33. Sara is one of those characters where hit rate is absolutely crucial due to her only getting one shot per turn. After some time, I acquired 4 death tomes and combined them all into one tier 2 and didn't really pay attention to what the new stats were going up to. I just assumed that all were going up when I added more books. I recently picked up my 5th death tome and while comparing stats, I realized that all stats had gone up except hit rate which is at 72. I found this to be odd since one death tome, not evolved has a hit rate of 73. Am I wrong in thinking that all of the stats would go up equally and that this is some sort of oversight or is this by design?
Aaronh1978

Re: Death tome

Postby admin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:29 am

Hi Aaronh1978,

Sara currently is still the most used and slightly overpowered character in the game and it's normal for some of her weapon will not increase hit rate. You can give her hit rate plus soulstones though.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Aaronh1978 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am

So do the other two weapons available for Sara upgrade the hit rate when you evolve them? It seems like it would be pointless to evolve the weapons if her hit rate is going to continue to go down. She's absolutely useless if she doesn't hit anything as far as the arena is concerned anyway. Also, of course she's the most widely used character. She's the only healer in the game and is absolutely essential to succeeding in any area of the game. Other characters have a healing skill but they only have the ability to heal themselves. I also understand that you want a wider usage of characters but there isn't going to be one unless they change the condition that we receive the characters. All characters are really tough to beat and completely wreck an entire team when you fight then but when you get the character, all skills and blessings are reset to level 1. Nobody wants to take a step backwards and put this character in their team when they get killed after two hits due to receiving them in such weak condition.
Ok, back to my main point which is taking away the hit stat when I evolve the death tome. In everyone's mind it's understood that you upgrade weapons based on the understanding that those weapons make your character stronger due to the characteristics of that weapon going up. You shouldn't be moving backwards as you "progress".
Aaronh1978

Postby admin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:30 am

It's not possible for weapon stat to move backwards. If your weapon mastery is high enough, higher evolution weapon will increase in various stats as it increases durability (which caps usable mastery level). I just doubled check Death Tome and it looks like higher mastery does increase the hit stat... In your case of the 72 hit for evolve tome and 73 hit for evolution 0 tome, something must be not be read correctly. Are you sure that you looking at the stats when both are in the same state (both equipped or both not equipped)? Feel free to send screenshots to support@playmage.com if you still see the higher evolution weapon with lower hit value.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Aaronh1978 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:21 am

Yes. When I have the evolved death tome equipped and I go to equip a different weapon, it shows the stats for that weapon in comparison to the one you currently have equipped and all of the stats go down except for hit. It shows +1. When I equip the level 0 death tome, it shows all stats drastically change to the positive except for hit. It shows -1.
Aaronh1978

Postby Shuichi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Ignoring the fact that it is unfair for hit not to power up even for a bit, isn't it totally irresponsible to lower the hit?
The price for one death tome is 2700 gems, and the probability to gain one in heroes hall/treasure hunt is roughly low and even close to 0. So after spending over 10000 gems over it, isn't it fair enough for the hit to power up even for a bit? The game does hugely favor p2p over f2p after all. What's the loss in having the hit power up?
Shuichi

Postby admin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Sorry for the misleading first reply before we checked the issue further. After checking your Death Tome and some testing, we found the reason was due to mechanic that I wasn't aware of and even the designer forgot:

A +0 evolution death tome gives durability of 5, at mastery level 5 the hit rate for this weapon = 33
A +2 evolution death tome gives durability of 11, at mastery level 11 the hit rate for this weapon = 72

Now why did your +0 shows 73 instead of 33? That's because all weapons when they are created gets ONE of the FOUR random bonus attributes. For 5-star weapons, this can be 40 bonus crit, 40 bonus crit defence, 40 bonus hit, or 40 bonus dodge. The +0 death tome you have happens to be a +40 bonus hit weapon.

Your +2 evolution death tome has +40 bonus dodge, giving 112 instead of 72 (while each weapon has stat setup differently, death tome has same base crit,hit,dodge values at all levels if ignoring the bonus type)

If you have multiple copies same evolution of the same weapon to compare, you will notice that their stats may not be the same, this would be the reason.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Aaronh1978 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Ok. Thanks for the response. I was under the assumption that the bonus was weapon dependent. I picked up a divine song in the hall and noticed that it had a +40 critical percent. I assumed that this was true for all divine songs and that all death tomes had a bonus of extra hit. Again, I never really paid attention to any of the other evolution stats before now. One last question, do the stats combine over the long term or do you have to evolve weapons in the same manner that you evolve pets where you pick the stat that you want and evolve all other ones into it in order to keep the main stat that you want?
Aaronh1978

Postby admin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Same as pets, only the main weapon's bonus is kept.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Shuichi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 am

I think that should've been explained earlier. Would help the players progress more. Well suppose I can't say anything since we weren't paying attention either.
Shuichi

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks