Gerald drop rate

Gerald drop rate

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:44 am

Please, for the love of God can you please please lower the drop rate for Gerald books/runes when people do not have him? Even 0.0001% would be ever so appreciated!
outseekerdroid

Re: Gerald drop rate

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:56 am

Please? Just received my 6th stone of one type for one of his skills on top of everything else I already have for him.. it's a huge punch to the face instead of any kind of reward :<
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

and I just received ANOTHER one, from the free chest... this is the worst. To keep this post clean was nigh impossible........
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am

Gerald's items drop rates are same as other heroes. It's not like if Gerald is most overpowered hero in the game (though he is decent with recent buffs), nor is his item drop odds higher than other heroes. There are probably other heroes you probably don't plan to use/train as well, so you can treat Gerald items same as their's, or you obtain Gerald to use them.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 pm

No, I plan to use every hero we are allowed to use. The paid character items are a complete waste of time, and are not the same as items for a hero I could even hypothetically use.

I realise his drop rates are the same, which is the problem since I will most likely never have him, unless some major change is made to the sheer expense of everything.

It is genuinely a slap in the face to every non-paying player to receive something they need to pay to use, but I do understand if you simply don't care about that.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Why would you feel entitled to only get drops that you can 100% to use? The game already give away so many free Gems and other currencies and items that any non-playing player can complete all game content, and save enough Gems to make free 5-star draws couple times a month. You can think of Gerald's item drop as an encouragement for non-paying members to convert to supporting players. But I do understand if you simply don't care about that.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm

admin wrote:Why would you feel entitled to only get drops that you can 100% to use?

OK, to counter, why would you feel a "reward" that cannot be used is actually a reward at all? It's quite the opposite, especially when it's behind a pay wall.

admin wrote:The game already give away so many free Gems and other currencies and items that any non-playing player can complete all game content, and save enough Gems to make free 5-star draws couple times a month.

I do appreciate the work you've done to provide gems etc. to make the game interesting for free players, however that has no relation to the hero and items in question, that we need to pay significant real-life money in order to use.

admin wrote:You can think of Gerald's item drop as an encouragement for non-paying members to convert to supporting players.

Yes, I do understand how in some cases this might actually work out that way, however the issue is that your general approach to trying to make money can be somewhat underhanded in some instances. Case in point: providing "rewards" which you need to pay significant real life money in order to utilise. If anything, those who paid for Gerald should receive the normal rewards Plus Gerald rewards, as a token of gratitude for them opening their wallets when arguably a minimal value is being offered, and non-paying players should not potentially receive his items so constantly.

admin wrote:But I do understand if you simply don't care about that.

I do in fact support you, and I do in fact care. I pay you all the time through your "Free Gems" section. You are paid each time I complete offers, and you give me a handful of ingame currency which costs you precisely $0.00- that is net profit right there, so please don't trip about needing to extract as much money from people per-transaction as possible, nor convert players to paying players by giving them items they can't use to the point they're frustrated and just pay for VIP levels.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Your mentioning that you provide free gems etc. for non-(directly)-paying players in the context of this conversation regarding the paid hero and his runes etc. has inspired another idea, for what it's worth.

Could you perhaps make it possible for free players to pay you via 3rd party to aquire VIP points and/or aquire Gerald?

By this I mean the TapJoy offers I mentioned that I constantly use to pay you indirectly. Is there any scenario in which you might allow us to watch ads, complete surveys etc. through TapJoy and unlock Gerald or earn VIP points?

I mean each survey I've completed typically pays between $5 and $15 from my understanding, so it wouldnt take me very long to have earned you $1000. Is there any way to instead of provide gems in exchange for these efforts, provide instead progress towards unlocking Gerald?

I realise that immediately the reaction might be simply "oh that's not fair on the people who opened their wallets", but you could make it a very significant amount of contributions required per level of progress or what have you, to the point where it's really a LOT of time, effort and payments to you via TapJoy before anyone can have him.

While I don't have access to your figures to see what kind of money you pull from TapJoy currently, I think it's pretty obvious that many, many players would be willing to complete TapJoy offers in exchange for progress towards unlocking Gerald, or VIP status of any kind. This would certainly increase your income, while not having to resort to any kind of methods for enticing people to open their wallets.

Just an idea. I get the impression you're really concentrating on people buying gems in the store, when the TapJoy thing could be bringing in thousands each month.
outseekerdroid

Postby icyglaze » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm

admin wrote:The game already give away so many free Gems and other currencies and items that any non-playing player can complete all game content, and save enough Gems to make free 5-star draws couple times a month.

I'm going to say "any non-paying player can complete all game content" is referring to me. Curiously, who is "and save enough Gems to make free 5-star draws couple times a month" referring to? One draw, yes. Two draws, definitely no. A couple of draws? Wow. I am curious to know.

Empy? DP? Aaron? Cgamp? Bytor? Cajoramos? I don't think they are "non-paying players". I also don't think they could make sufficient gems to squeeze 3 draws in a month.

I appreciate the free gems, but let's call a spade a spade :)
icyglaze

Postby admin » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 am

outseekerdroid wrote:I mean each survey I've completed typically pays between $5 and $15 from my understanding, so it wouldnt take me very long to have earned you $1000. Is there any way to instead of provide gems in exchange for these efforts, provide instead progress towards unlocking Gerald?

Your understanding is not quit right. We get paid roughy a penny for every Gem rewarded through Tapjoy (and some videos play fractions of a penny but we still reward 1 Gem), so we actually get paid more per Gems if someone buys them from the App Stores.

icyglaze wrote:I appreciate the free gems, but let's call a spade a spade :)

I wasn't referring to I think in most interpretation of the English language, couple means two. And of course I wasn't referring to pure non-exhaustible rewards as only handful of players may have exhausted them. Even for the players who actually exhausted all badges and quest Gem rewards, they will at least find themselves at least in the top 100 and likely much higher, and the reoccurring rewards also adds close up to nearly two pulls (only 700 Gems shy of 3600 for a rank 100 player, who only has 23K power).
30 days of Daily Login rewards = 900
30 days of guild lucky cards = 600
4 Sunday Reward (minus cost) = 200
4.5 weeks of Hero Halls = 450
Monthly Badge Rewards = 400
Arena Rewards for top 100 = 350-4500

So yes, player setting at the top of the arena most of time definitely can squeeze enough free Gems for 3 draws, and for someone like yourself capable of holding around 10th spot, just counting the non-exhaustible free Gems is roughly good for 2 draws.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks