Review monthly arena awarding

Review monthly arena awarding

Postby icyglaze » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 pm

As of now, the arena monthly rewarding system is silly. It is basically an upscaled version of arena daily rewards, which rewards arena ranks at the stroke of wherever your timezone resides. I'm not debating whether the daily rewarding system is good or bad, but that the monthly rewarding system should reward consistency within the month rather than a single event within the month.

I propose an arena scoring system, whereby the daily arena ranks are averaged against the number of days calculated, and the lowest arena scores for the month tallied to determine the monthly arena awardees. That way, players who are consistent in that month are fairly rewarded instead of players who merely got lucky on that one day the monthly rewards are awarded.

I believe this is a simple, yet efficient way to reward consistent play. Cheers.
icyglaze

Re: Review monthly arena awarding

Postby admin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:53 am

Hi icyglaze,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it to the dev team for possible future improvements (eg. score based monthly ranking).

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cgamp » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 am

This was a very old reply to a very old postc I wish I would have deleted it ages ago like all the others. There is a more recent discussion of this manner elsewhere.
Last edited by Cgamp on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cgamp

Postby Donkeypunch » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 am

Great ideas fellas. This last minute rank sniping definitely needs to be addressed. Very unfair for those putting in the work all month just to have the reward stripped away at the end
Donkeypunch

Postby Donkeypunch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Can we revisit this admins?? There has to be a way to average monthly ranks to decide your ranks at the end of month. Being able to spend 5 min and snipe a rank for big reward at very end of month is unfair. You should have to earn and keep your spot throughout the month for these big payouts. I'm not sure why this got pushed aside
Donkeypunch

Postby admin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:34 am

This idea is still being considered, as we are aware the current system has a weakness due to last minute sniping. The change isn't as easy from both design and implementation perspective. On the design side, there are several issues with averaging, including determine ties and scoring for new players, most importantly, making the rank averaging rule easily understandable for all players. For implementation, we have to store the daily rankings for the final calculation. If this does get implemented, we will post a announcement ahead of time so players are aware of the change beforehand.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Donkeypunch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 am

Awesome thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is being considered
Donkeypunch

Postby Narienne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 am

I agree partly with first point Icyglaze makes, yet this idea makes it even harder for new players to reach the top. And this "penalty system" is total nonsense, a player has won you fair square so they get punished? There is no cheating involved in this case, its all about timing.
Players like Cgamp and others in top ranks should realize that rankings change, this player manages to "snipe" you > so surely he can beat you otherwise too. What are these "victims" anyway? So does this mean anyone who reaches top 10/top 15 rank, will now get head start too when arena resets? Sounds very unfair to me. I know theses ideas are separate but none of them sounds good to me, in fact sounds like you beat someone higher rank than you at wrong time, and get punished instead of rewarded?...

IMHO these ideas are only for sake of old high power players, who can't take the fact somebody has caught up to their power and claiming their rank.
Confidence is not "They will like me". Confidence is "I'll be fine if they don't"
Narienne

Postby Donkeypunch » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm

I was thinking averaging the rank for the last 2 weeks of the month for final rank. Giving players 2 weeks to gain rank and then another 2 weeks to defend it. This seems fair to me. Just throwing more ideas out there
Donkeypunch

Postby Cgamp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm

Not even sure why I bother.
Last edited by Cgamp on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cgamp

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks