Greater star robe of power +3

Questions and discussions related to armors,
weapons, items, and allies.

Greater star robe of power +3

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:15 am

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p316 ... Power3.jpg

I've been looking on the market for this for awhile, haven't seen a single one and almost believed it didn't exist ;O
But today i got in from a drop :D

Def 70 +4 str

<3
Gwynbleidd

Re: Greater star robe of power +3

Postby wolfy42 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:03 am

Woot!! Congrats that is very sweet!!

Just curious but would you rather have a Greater star robe of speed +3 or this?

I just recently discovered how useful strength is even for mages!!! I boosted my strength from 13 to 32 today lol.
wolfy42

Postby BanzaiBob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Nicely done - still looking for the regen one myself. Would have gone for +3 speed myself as I seem to gain an equal amount of attack from both strength and quickness so the extra 4 points of defense would appear to be worth more to me as a Dragon slayer. All down to playing style in the end so I may change later if I find something better suited.
BanzaiBob

Postby Gwynbleidd » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 pm

I noticed when is switch between mythic sword of power +3 and mythic sword of speed +3 the attack remains the same? (Attack 1821) i thought Strength gives more attack since speed is defence and attack. I would of thought Strength to be the main stat for Dragon Slayer should level... so whats the difference between Strength and Speed? Surely speed can't give the same melee attack power as strength while giving defence awell? :shock:
Gwynbleidd

Postby BanzaiBob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Glad its not just me thinking that - added a point to both stats to find out and cant see ANY difference in attack value. Looks like its not worth adding to str over quick until much later on when the cost of str if lower. Think we will have to do some experimenting on this subject to see if any other factors play a part.
BanzaiBob

Postby wolfy42 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:29 pm

It's part of the whole damage calculation thing I guess.

For now quickness seems to be the most important stat damage/defense wise. It adds to all types of attacks (skill/normal/ranged/melee/magic) and it boosts defense as well. It also seems to boost block % which is probably more of a defensive bonus then the defense points.

Strength does add to skill attacks though (Boosting base attack which skills seem to multiply) but I don't see much reason to boost strength past 32 until much later. Strength does seem to be better then int though if that means anything....because it boosts the base attack....which is multiplied by skills....vs int which just boosts the multiplier a bit (or seems to).

Dex boosts the crit % but I'm not sure what the ratio is on that. It might be second best after quickness due to the crit bonus but I have not tested it enough to tell.

One one hand it seems a bit wacky....but it does make all the characters fairly balanced since all stats affect everything the same it seems. My damage jumped greatly when I boosted my strength from 13 to 32....sad it took me so long to figure that out though.
wolfy42

Return to Equipment and Items