Banned for exploiting gifting.

Questions and answers to other questions related
to the game.

Banned for exploiting gifting.

Postby BanzaiBob » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Quote from admin : The reason for a maximum limit is because we had several (not just a few) cheaters abusing the crystal system. We patched some of the loopholes and permanently banned their accounts. The limit is set their to avoid further exploits by future players to create fake accounts to send crystal to themselves.

We improved this recently with following changes:
- you will now get a notification when you reached maximum limit.
- after reach maximum limit and you still wish to valid redeem crystal gifts, they will now be redeemed as bonus coins.

We will continue to monitor for people exploiting the system, and will ban their account without warning if found exploiting

Its good to see cheats being banned but could a member of the admin team define "exploiting the system" as myself and a my friends often trade crystals to complete sets and dont want to get hit with this by accident.
BanzaiBob

Re: Banned for exploiting gifting.

Postby catepillar682 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:43 pm

BanzaiBob wrote:Its good to see cheats being banned but could a member of the admin team define "exploiting the system" as myself and a my friends often trade crystals to complete sets and dont want to get hit with this by accident.

I doubt you are at risk of this. There is after all a "Request this crystal" link available. I think the people who were banned probably got one white crystal and managed to multiply it by sending it to many "friends"(/multies) in hopes that they would return the favor.
catepillar682

Postby diieter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:41 pm

But you can only "return the gift" one time per day, so they are no cheat =)
A gives crystal to B
B gives crystal to A

= No cheat, in fact that is the same thing --' XD
diieter

Postby admin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:55 am

You are fine. There was a loophole that allowed players to redeems crystals that they did not receive but it's not fixed. Also there are players creating several multiple accounts and gifting themselves. Gifting between friend and family is perfectly fine and is intended use for the feature.
admin
Site Admin

Postby BanzaiBob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks for the reply - Im actualy shocked at the amount feedback and actions taken by the devs here which goes way beyond any other game Ive played on facebook. And now back to the violence - lvl 50, Im coming for ya !!!!
BanzaiBob

Postby dragon-fire » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:33 pm

this is probably a stupid question but what is the limit for recieving gifts? :?: x
dragon-fire

Postby BanzaiBob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:38 pm

You can recieve as many as you want but only the first six crystals will be credited - the rest are turned into a cash amount based on your level (not very much regardless of how high you are) Just make sure you accept the pink ones first.
BanzaiBob

Return to Other Questions