Level 100 will never reach their full potential...

Level 100 will never reach their full potential...

Postby KingOfJesters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Due to the lvl exp discrepancy a player will never be as strong as they were when they were over 40% through lvl 99
Thus meaning that a lvl 100 will never reach their full potential till lvl cap is raised. In real terms a player who is lvl 99 is in fact stronger at base value than a lvl 100
Discuss... :D
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Re: Level 100 will never reach their full potential...

Postby admin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Where are you fighting that you feel weaker at 100 vs 99.4? Most of the bosses that increases level as you do already have already been changed to use floating level as well, so the level differential is constant. Hell mobs is fixed level and Atlantis mobs are capped at 101 so they do not grow extra level when you go from 99->100.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Arctica » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:25 am

Jason the only limit to a lvl 100 potential is that which you as a player put on yourself. Otherwise the potential is the same, you get the same amount of pills, can kill exactly the same bosses and do all the stuff you could at lvl 99 but being able to take slightly less damage from the fact the damage you receive goes down the higher level you are. So in simple terms the player has limited there own potential not the game :roll:
Arctica

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am

Perhaps he needs to boost his CON. That might make his character more difficult to kill and can last longer in battles.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby KingOfJesters » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Unleveled Boss faction my dmg output dropped fresh lvl 100, By 3k.Dream con doesnt matter against boss's designed to kill you it does help however against boss's not designed to kill you....I have done and am doing just fine against everything with half the con of others are you suggesting that if i raise my con i will do twice as well? The point was dmg actual dmg was reduced at lvl 100 i dont hit as hard as i did at 99 without stat changes and certainly not dropped.Players will report that dmg fresh lvl isnt at it's true lvl output till say 15% into that lvl for lower lvl's, higher lvl's report the gap wider.So if the differential is slightly askew then a lvl 100 wont ever reach their full potential.Is the floating lvl change differential set at the solid number or the solid number and a percentage.From constantly out damaging everyone on a spam run on factions at lvl 99 to being out dmg'd on a spam s run at lvl 100.Losing 3 k att per hit in a run is 30k att loss.I was stronger at lvl 99 than at 100 and everyone in my guild had witnessed it.
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Postby Maria » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm lvl 100 and not experienced that problem at all. I'm finding it just as the devs said :(
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Tonks » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:24 pm

From the numerous discussions with fellow guildies, its widely known that at the beginning of a new level, the damage you are inflicting is less than that at the end of the previous level, this improves usually after approximately 10 % although the higher the level ... the further into the level you need to be to see the improvement.

This isn't based on a feeling .... at level 100, the difference will not really be noticeable on mobs and most bosses, for those that regularly do faction or invasion there it can be seen on the mothership/fortresses.

Then Given this ... and the fact that at level 100 you don't progress further ... one can only conclude that KOJ is right .... until the cap is raised to allow progress, a level 100 will not reach their potential damage wise. (Potential as far as character development remains the same)
Tonks - T3A

Tonks

Postby Zwordoz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

I think this illustrates that devs need to fix/recalibrate an issue that most of us have known about for a long time, but simply choose to live with, and that is this: a freshly leveled character is not as strong as it was just before it leveled. Jason has done more investigation as to where this split occurs and how long it takes to "catch up" in the new level; I've always summarized it as "dot level 9" (90%+ towards next level) is stronger than "dot level 0" (<10% towards next level) of the next-higher level, so I need to get to at least 10% before I'm properly "initiated" into the new level. Jason's data suggests this gap is much wider at the higher levels.

I propose that there should be no such cap. newlevel.00 should always be stronger than oldlevel.99, and that's it. I'm aware that certain mobs and bosses
increase with the new level, and I am not suggesting/demanding that character combat numbers should be raised to match -- just saying that on the types of areas/bosses that do not change with level (invasion, faction) -- the combat numbers should improve with the new level, immediately -- no temporary dip.

I realize this is nearly identical to Tonks' post (can you tell we've been discussing this?), but I figure it doesn't hurt to state this one more time so that we can see we are all on the same page (aren't we?)
Zwordoz

Postby admin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Guys, please provide the specific boss names so we can look into them. We also need recent damage amounts between level 99 and 100 (comparing fixed skill damages at same skill bar level), because the problem you guys are describing should already have been fixed last year when we made most level increasing bosses to be on fraction levels, so the level penalty for them is constant instead of jumping up when you level.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Richard Doty » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:46 pm

I will hit every boss tomorrow evening to generate stats. My plan will be to give the damage from the first hit against the boss. Tell me if I need to do something different before about 5pm central time. I will check here before I start.
Incidentally, I can back the fact that you have to get to 10 or 15% into a level before you do the damage you did at 99% of the previous level. I have always noted my faction max hit, and it always goes down when I level.
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Next

Return to Report Bugs