Flashing Sword & Wand

Flashing Sword & Wand

Postby Magicman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 am

Hey DW team & players,
Anyone else get the flashing sword and wand EVERY attack in the game?
Quite frankly, I am getting sick of it. It has not been days, it has not been months, it has basically been for the last year or more.
I do not have slow internet, so why can I screenshot the flashing sword & wand because they are ALWAYS there and there so long?
Really does not make the game enjoyable and the more it happens, the less I play.....

Such a shame I cannot upload my screenshot
Magicman

Re: Flashing Sword & Wand

Postby Maria » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 am

I rarely get that and it's usually when my laptop needs a clean up, defrag etc
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Magicman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 am

PC is fine, I am in IT and spend my day cleaning off "performer" programs & yes I have also tried ad-free.
Thanks for the suggestion :geek:
Magicman

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

I've been getting that as well, and the Spinning Blue Ball of Aggravation +9. Was really bad earlier this week. Hope the problem is resolved soon
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby KingOfJesters » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Well you better get used to it on occasion it's what comes up when your interaction with a world entity is being calculated.......It's technical but it's doing the math of how your toon interacts with what you are hitting and shows the crossed sword and stave while it does it.
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:56 pm

If it only happened on occasion I would be fine with it, but I get either the crossed Staff and Swords or the Spilling Blue circle. The game is basically unplayable for me at this time, and that's with trying it out on multiple browsers.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Magicman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:03 am

Same - I have reached the point where I have been waiting for almost 2 years for an upgrade that changes things. For me to it's only playable 1 hour of each week. Can't work with that or level anything!? Since Max Explore was created I have been dumping my e every couple of days, that's just counter-productive....
Magicman

Postby Talon Lake » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 pm

I get this on occasion (1/5 mob fights maybe). If this issue is only for specific people, it cannot be simply fixed. I found this would happen EVERY fight with a slower internet connection a long time ago though, since I upgraded it's been fine.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Atlas416 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 am

Some service providers lower your mb/s during peak usage times. I have found playing late at night verses right after schools let out reduces the lag. Another option is to go to the character page and click settings and turn off all the flashy BS that isnt that interesting anyhow. You also have to consider the fact that during certain times of the day the Dream World servers spike in the amount of players logged in, if you choose to play during these hours you could get double lagged. Lag from server capacity and lag from local area spikes.
Atlas[ttn] Creator and Founder of The DW World Council and Co-Founder of Titans(ttn)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/167389729952528/
Atlas416

Postby Magicman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 am

I have disabled all the flashy's, i have a good service provider and no issues with other games.

The fact that King of Jesters is not having the same issues disheartens me- that means it is obviously not a southern hemisphere problem :(
Magicman

Next

Return to Report Bugs