Lost Enchants

Lost Enchants

Postby JSVE » Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I dropped a Scoped fallen deathbow, level 92, into our vault at ECF knowing that a percentage of the enchants would be deducted but wanted to pass it on to another player. I don't remember exactly how many times it had been enchanted but I'm pretty sure it was over +1000. When the other player received the bow, there were NO enchants on it any longer. Please let me know what happened so we can prevent this in the future. Thanks!
JSVE

Re: Lost Enchants

Postby Vitreous » Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 pm

_ New vault storage rules.
-- Storing items with 25+ enhance level will cause it to loose 4% of it's enhances. (prevents equipment sharing/enhancing abuse)
-- Brand new (non-enhanced) Greater Fallen Items can now be stored in the guild vault.

^Taken from the 12-19-11 Monster Arena update
http://ms.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=738

Basically, anything below greater fallen items will lose 4%, greater fallen items lose ALL enchants.

Sorry to hear you lost all of that work.
Vitreous

Postby JSVE » Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 pm

I understood that the equipment would lose some of it's enchants, but it lost ALL of them. When it was taken back out of the vault it had no + on it whatsoever. This is a bug!
JSVE

Postby Vitreous » Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 pm

It isn't a bug. Only non-enhanced greater fallen items can be vaulted. If you vault one that has enchants, they are stripped from the item and lost forever. This was Wei's condition to allow players to vault the greater fallen items. You cannot transfer an enhanced greater fallen item to another player via the vault at this time. I imagine at some point in the future, when drow items can be vaulted, this restriction will be changed, but until then this is the way the game is designed.
Vitreous

Return to Report Bugs