What is wrong

What is wrong

Postby Nullandvoid » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Oops, your browser does not have third-party cookies enabled which is required to play Dream World.

To fix this, please change your browser preferences to accept all cookies (eg. Safari -> Preferences -> Accept Cookies -> Always), then click here to return to Dream World.

That is what is shown after a bit of inactivity, but I do have Accept Cookies on my browser.
Nullandvoid

Re: What is wrong

Postby admin » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:38 am

Hello Nullandvoid,

Have you tried restarting the browser or using a different browser? It’s possible you are using browser with stricter third party cookie settings or privacy mode. While the game has been tested with all major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc, there may be specific version / settings within specific browser versions that may cause this problem.

Best Regards,
Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nullandvoid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Its only just started to Happen been on chrome for 6 years now
Nullandvoid

Postby etching » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Nullandvoid wrote:Its only just started to Happen been on chrome for 6 years now

Been happening with me several weeks ago :x

Workaround is to go to the playmage site, click on the DW icon, then click on PLAY NOW.

Which points to this link I think:
https://apps.facebook.com/dream_world/?refpid=pm
etching

Postby Nullandvoid » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 am

Oops, your browser does not have third-party cookies enabled which is required to play Dream World.

To fix this, please change your browser preferences to accept all cookies (eg. Safari -> Preferences -> Accept Cookies -> Always), then click here to return to Dream World.

That is what is shown after a bit of inactivity, but I do have Accept Cookies on my browser.

This is still not working on chrome and now on Edge
Nullandvoid

Postby admin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 am

For those still having problem with Chrome / Firefox browser, it's possible that older DW cookie previous stored by the browser is preventing the browser from creating new compliant ones. You can try go to privacy settings and remove all cookies from playmage.com and see if that helps.

Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en (see delete specific cookies)
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cl ... ta-firefox

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nullandvoid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Nope that didn't work still having trouble even on the new Microsoft Edge
Nullandvoid

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:53 am

Nullandvoid wrote:Nope that didn't work still having trouble even on the new Microsoft Edge

Are these inactivity expirations only happen when you switch to privacy mode (or back / forth), or do they happen in normal browser mode for you as well? Are you also logging in with multiple browser/device at some time or always only one at a time?

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby DonnaNoble » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:00 pm

george's problem is the same. I posted this in the other thread.

ray aka george wrote:Well - it kinda worked. If my session times out I have to delete the cookies again in order to play in a normal window. I did discover that it works if I delete just the DWJID cookie:

Name
DWJID
Content
57941403F2F23EBEA1A35E266AD499A0
Domain
http://www.playmage.com
Path
/
Send for
Secure connections only
Accessible to script
Yes
Created
Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 4:42:03 PM
Expires
When the browsing session ends

All of the other cookies expire in a year

Thanks in advance for the help.

It times out after a period of inactivity on either incognito or regular. Always only logged in on one device one window
DonnaNoble

Postby admin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:07 am

The short session timeout should be prevented by a heart-beat mechanism that automatically pings the server during regular intervals. So if you are getting timed-out with browser left open, either something is preventing the heart-beat being sent out, or confusing it (eg. switching between normal/incognito mode which generates two separate session ids). The other only possibility is somehow the browser cookie settings is restricting third party ones being read (playmage.com is a third party since you are playing on FB).
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Report Bugs