A heads up....

A heads up....

Postby KingOfJesters » Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 am

It has recently come to my attention from a global discussion that a player is harvesting and archiving peoples yellow links into word docs to share amongst that players guild thus short changing the players on our friends list that those yellow links were intended for as we know only 5 can collect from them and i personally have new players who are trying to get to base stats who depend on them,This is exploiting and stealing peoples posts that have been shared in good faith.This person and guild are taking the very food from the mouths of new and old players alike.
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Re: A heads up....

Postby Pasquale » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

That's messed up
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Maria » Thu May 02, 2013 4:53 am

Lol. post in global, yellow on my wall. I go to games feed, scroll down a very long way - there it is. I click. Banes was nearer the top of course.......

Hilarious. it's just a game Jason and if you publish inks and advertise their existence in global, expect anyone in global to o look for them. It's how the game works I hope you claimed mine OK - I posted it in there so you and Bane could in return
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby admin » Thu May 02, 2013 5:15 am

There is bit of confusion and misunderstanding on what is okay and not-okay regarding game feed links. I am going to state it here and I expect everyone to follow these:

- Clicking on game links from news feed, games feed, etc on Facebook = [Okay]
- Copying the links generated in the feed and pasting it in chat/forum/wall/etc = [Okay]
- Clicking on links players posted in chat/form/wall/etc = [Okay]
- Altering link values when copying for sharing or using = [NOT Okay]
- Storing shared links and using them after they no longer appear in the original source (FB feeds) = [NOT Okay]

This applies to all game generated links, including, boss help request, reward sharing, crystals, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Maria » Thu May 02, 2013 5:37 am

Thank you. I do just use the links from the games feed. The doc was just a list of names of player friends only (not links) to save me hunting so much, but it wasn't much help anyway as the games feed has all the official links so I just use those. They are all there if you scroll down far enough. Glad to know I wasn't doing anything wrong. I never get the max daily shares of crystals anyway which is a great pity, despite having hundreds of player friends. I try to pick up any that are advertised in global as if they are posted there it's an advert for anyone viewing global to grab them - hence why I shared my link in return

Thanks
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby ava » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

First off, thank you devs for clarifying this very clearly. I had no idea this was a loophole that we had to deal with and it's helpful to know your take on how it is supposed to work.

Secondly, there needs to be a clarification made so that we all understand what is okay.

Using past links (i.e. from a document) has been clearly noted as not okay. Just because relevant chat logs aren't noted in Jester's post, doesn't mean many of us saw your comments in global chat. You admitted that you just went down the list in the document you made. They were collected from your wall over the last few months. This is exactly what the devs responded to as "not okay".

Devs... it is clear that these links still work even when someone isn't on our friend's list. Also, the link seems to work sometimes even when we don't post it. How do we fix that? It isn't right that people can grab our links when they are supposed to be there for us to post to those that we wish to have them.

Hoping we can find the solution to this, since it destroys the spirit of a game that is supposed to be fun and not so competitive we lose sight of that.

~ava
ava

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 pm

I just wish they would fix it where a person can't post 10 copies of the same link in a row.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Maria » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 pm

The devs have checked what I was doing and it was fine. I picked up Jason's link, which he had openly advertised o all in global, from way down my games feed. Yes they do work if no longer in your friends - might be different if blocked, I'm not sure. I gave him the link to the yellow I had just posted too, which I hope he received OK.

The only list I had is player name = real name to save me keep looking them up but be honest I've deleted hat list anyway as it was pretty useless - the games feed is quick to run down a couple of times a day anyway. The devs said there was no issue with any of that so hopefully they can get back to focusing on real cheats, rather than have their time wasted on this sort of thing
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby ava » Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 pm

tracey,
I don't wish to argue with you. Mostly it's because I know I'm right and everyone else that saw the chat where you admitted what you did know this as well.

My point is please own it. You admitted you posted from a document. Whatever you told the devs, I have no idea, nor do I care to know.

I'm strictly going on what you yourself said in chat and it was directly against what the devs said was "not okay". So please do not do it again. Thank you.

~ava
ava

Postby Maria » Thu May 02, 2013 2:50 pm

lol this is so funny. My list just helped me go find people's timelines because it had game name = real name on it is all. All of the links I use are the official links posted which is fine of course. I have hundreds of people on my games feed - I think I have over 500 player friends at the last count, so I hide all the non DW ones and just click down, but despite that I rarely get the max daily. I wish I did - I'm itching to max all my stats

The devs have checked what I was doing and it breaks no rules. It was useless anyway - it's quicker to just use the games feed I found so I dumped it.

Remember folks - it's just a game and if you want to hunt down cheats, hunt down real ones and stop wasting the devs time please - they have the scripters to deal with still, and hopefully an expansion to work on
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Next

Return to Report Abuse