Clear breach of ToS and re-clarified rules

Clear breach of ToS and re-clarified rules

Postby KingOfJesters » Fri May 03, 2013 2:29 am

Quote from admin locked thread.

Re: A heads up....
by admin » Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Actually, with the current game it's very difficult to distinguish when a player copies an old link and paste it, versus going to list of friends feed and clicking from the feeds page. To be clear, this means I have not vouched for anyone whether they have or have not pasted old links. We may be adding ways to monitor this behavior by adding warning logs regarding crystal claimed and how often player uses really old link.

I am going to lock this thread since I have already explained that is okay and not okay in my original reply on the first page, which I expect everyone to follow from now on. I would like to also ask people to refrain from posting in-game chats. It's okay to post to the forum regarding rule clarifications, cheating, and exploits in general, but refrain from naming any specific player. Player specific information should be sent to me via private message or sent to the FB support email/form.
admin
Site Admin

There is one Incontrovertible way to make sure this doesnt happen,There is also a sure way to tell if people have used an old link if they DO NOT appear on my friends list they CAN NOT have links on their game feed or any other updates from my FB profile.Hence they ARE using old links to steal and harvest game rewards from other players who didnt intend them for the person NOT on their friends list.
As per the developers own clarification...- Clicking on game links from news feed, games feed, etc on Facebook = [Okay]
- Copying the links generated in the feed and pasting it in chat/forum/wall/etc = [Okay]
- Clicking on links players posted in chat/form/wall/etc = [Okay]
- Altering link values when copying for sharing or using = [NOT Okay]
- Storing shared links and using them after they no longer appear in the original source (FB feeds) = [NOT Okay]

The player in question has admitted and in public stated they have a WORD DOC with peoples links NOT from peoples feeds collected and JUst goes through them daily harvesting them...I am not the only person that is no longer a friend with this player.
Quoting Tos the terms we all signed into and rules we must abide by because if we play we all clicked agree.
Game Rules
3. No Cheating or Exploitation is ever allowed.
5. Do not hack, use or make automated tools to gain benefits in playing the game.
6. Do not steal, scam, farm, or collect information from other player in the game.
7. Do not use the game for any purpose than the game is intended for.
These rules as designed and produced by the game developers have been broken MULTIPLE times there is proof by the players own admittance,The developers re clarified and confirmed that the refined rules stated are NOT OKAY yet they have happened and will continue too, A vague we MAY do something about it in the future is simply not good enough,New players struggling daily to build base stats and up their skills with crystals are being short changed NOW and have been for a long time.There is one incontrovertible way to stop this happening now and that is to ban the player who is doing it and anyone else who has used the WORD DOC for their advantage.
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Re: Clear breach of ToS and re-clarified rules

Postby Talon Lake » Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 pm

They have no way to tell the difference of how they got the crystal, its the same link no matter where they clicked it from, and they would need to think of a solution and code it. So in the case only the admitted user could be punished not anybody else currently abusing it that is unknown.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Maria » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

I admitted nothing becauseI have never done anything to break rules. See my masses of explanatory posts. Now w know the devs can't check for it I may be the only one who isn't!

I like that the devs shut down one thread so you start another on the reporting abuse thread THIS is abuse! Lol silly people. Just stop, look to the real cheats or get back to enjoying the game
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Feochadan » Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 pm

I do hope that the devs look into fixing this issue. I really like Tracey but I saw the conversation in Global and it seems that there is a clear breach:

1. A breach was made and admitted to.
2. The player in question then tried to co-opt another player into doing the same.
3. By posting this in global and giving clear instructions on how to do it, it encourages others to do the same.

I do think that some kind of disciplinary action should be taken.
Feochadan

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 pm

The devs have seen the same posts you have seen when Jason first posted them, and they have been in touch with Tracey over this. They have addressed the issue, and closed the previous thread.

Time to move on people.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby leroy1 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:10 pm

One way the Devs could fix this problem is how other games regulate the collection of items/ gifts and that is make them time sensative say 24 hours then they expire and can not be used or they turn into coins. Or to let you know who is collecting your crystals you share they could add a return item say coins in the amount of say 25,ooo. This way we would know if unintended people are collecting the Crystals ie: people not on friends list which could be reported.
leroy1

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:20 pm

leroy1 wrote:One way the Devs could fix this problem is how other games regulate the collection of items/ gifts and that is make them time sensative say 24 hours then they expire and can not be used or they turn into coins. Or to let you know who is collecting your crystals you share they could add a return item say coins in the amount of say 25,ooo. This way we would know if unintended people are collecting the Crystals ie: people not on friends list which could be reported.

It's a good idea, but it wouldn't work. When a Facebook friend likes a non-friends crystal post, and you receive notifications of their likes you get the opportunity to also claim that person's crystal as well. It isn't against the TOS either. I know I have liked loads of crystal posts before. No telling how many of them were claimed by people who wasn't friends with the original poster.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Talon Lake » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Currently the player gets one link that works forever, it will most likely be changed to different links per find posted, like helps in Time World.
Also, these rules were clarified to make it illegal after maria had said she does it, it wouldn't be fair to do anything after the rules have been put in place.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby KingOfJesters » Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Talon Lake wrote:Currently the player gets one link that works forever, it will most likely be changed to different links per find posted, like helps in Time World.
Also, these rules were clarified to make it illegal after maria had said she does it, it wouldn't be fair to do anything after the rules have been put in place.

The rules have always been there they were what we all agreed to when we clicked agree when first starting this game.The rules were re-clarified when subsequent evidence was provided.Maria is right there is abuse but not of a person but of the rules set by this games developers,Any way you look at it it's an invasion of privacy and people are being taken advantage of dont get caught in the minutia,The player in question is/has/continues to harvest players links not intended for them violating the rules with admittance and impunity,People already think there is a class system here this doesnt help the matter,I took the avenue that was most likely to be seen from past experience and the experience of other players,How many people do we know have sent an email off to the devs and never had a reply yet others get one within hours,I took the course of action i knew would be seen heard,it is purely circumstantial,I named no one in this post people wouldnt have known who i was talking about unless they decided to yet again deny and distance themselves from the matter.New players and old alike will continue to read this msg "Crystal Claim
Oops, you are bit late; the free crystals have all been stolen. Better luck next time on being the first ones to respond! How can new players compete how can they build base stats or their skills when other players have an unfair advantage and are doing it on a mass scale daily.The rules have been stated they have been clearly breached and yet the one person who has not only admitted to do it but tried to coerce and shown everyone else how to continues to steal.There has been alot of talk about cheaters but there is one we know for sure that has lately been caught for doing exactly that....A vague we MAY do something in the future is not addressing the issue locking down a thread is brushing it under the carpet hoping it dies down,This is a forum "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.People are being taken advantage of and will continue to be taken advantage of and the devs are allowing it to go on.I was happy playing my game i didnt choose to be confronted with this but i can choose how i react and i will never just lay down or be quiet when i am being taken advantage of i will not be complacent.The devs may want to be, but it reflects on them and their running of a game they have to live with themselves and the consequences of their actions/non actions in this subject or any other issue that is presented to them concerning their product.Everyone concerned take along hard look at yourselves.
King of Jesters and Jester Of Kings.
KingOfJesters

Return to Report Abuse