Facebook Guilds

Facebook Guilds

Postby NarutoU » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Last edited by NarutoU on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NarutoU

Re: Facebook Guilds

Postby admin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 pm

I completely understand how you feel. However, guild leaders has the rights to make their guild however exclusive they want. Some guilds and also some guilds in other games are exclusive to IRL friends, while others may have gender/interest/location specific requirements. You can send a message to your guild leader that you keep your identity private and not add them as friend, if they don't agree with that, you can always look for a different guild that doesn't have that requirement.
admin
Site Admin

Postby NarutoU » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Last edited by NarutoU on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NarutoU

Postby Raven » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 am

Actually the people that are getting the ability to add people on facebook suspended are the ones that send random friend requests out to people and those requests are being turned down and the people are clicking the option that asks if you know this person in real life. That generates a spam report to Facebook and too many of those and they suspend your ability to add friends for a set period of time. It has nothing to do with just adding people that have asked you to add them even though you do not know them.
Raven King
GM - Haven
Raven

Postby NarutoU » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Last edited by NarutoU on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NarutoU

Postby Arctica » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:47 am

NarutoU wrote:I'm not sure if you consider this abuse, but Facebook does.

The Facebook guilds want you to add the GM or GO(s) or else they'll kick you out. Facebook doesn't like people adding people that they don't know. Kicking someone out of a guild just because they don't add you as a Facebook friend is not right. I use my Facebook as a personal account, not a "social" game account. If Guilds did not give bonuses, I wouldn't even be in one.

I'm in the squad-11 (s11) guild on Facebook and when I just got on, I saw this message.

"Guild Message: ATTENTION ALL NEWER MEMBERS: If you have not been in contact with one of the GO's you MUST do so to stay in the guild. This is me: [Edited out]"

Sorry I have to post on this, since about 99% of Facebook Guilds do not use the Guild chat situated below with the Global chat. Then added people to a Facebook group and having a Guild chat from the group is the best way for a guild to keep communication with its other members. Also there was nothing in s11 which stated after you had been added to the Facebook group you could un-friend said member who you added for you to be added to the group. Also Dream World is quite based around having friends, hence why it has a 9 real life people party and the ability to send crystals to said people. I would recommend if you don't like adding people join the Kong version, which doesn't allow you to add people to your party.

In fairness this isn't really abuse, he has not nor has he forced you to add him, so this neither comes under abuse within Dream World or Facebook. This just how most of the Facebook guilds run. A lot with have the same statement :mrgreen:

EDIT: Also the s11 guild message does not even say to add as a friend, it clearly says get in contact, so that could be either via the guild chat in-game, guild wall, or outside the game (which is easier) facebook.

EDIT 2: Plus isn't this abuse of posting s11's Guild Message which is intended for Guild Members only otherwise it would be made visible like the Guild Description.... :lol:
Last edited by Arctica on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arctica

Postby Maria » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Quite right Acritica. Most high level guilds do so well mostly because of the ease of communication and probably have a similar rule. We would be unlikely to accept anyone to ttn who wouldn't make communication simple either. It's about being a team and being friends after all. And the group guild chat is probably the most fun bit! We too don't use global guild chat - it's way too messy and with us constantly chatting almost 24/7 would be impossible - especially ad global doesn't store it so you can scroll back up to see what was going on while you were off line.

FB does not ban people for adding fellow gamers or other people who share similar interests to you who want to be added. I'm sure I have well over 500 DW players in my FB friends and I've only met one of them in person, and then only once!
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Arctica » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Maria wrote:FB does not ban people for adding fellow gamers or other people who share similar interests to you who want to be added. I'm sure I have well over 500 DW players in my FB friends and I've only met one of them in person, and then only once!

Yep, they will only ban you if you have no likes or mutual friends, and on that note I hardly talk to probably 90% of Dream World players I have on facebook, plus I will probably never and will never meet anyone I have as friends from Dream World in real life :lol:
Arctica

Postby NarutoU » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Arctica wrote:
Maria wrote:FB does not ban people for adding fellow gamers or other people who share similar interests to you who want to be added. I'm sure I have well over 500 DW players in my FB friends and I've only met one of them in person, and then only once!

Yep, they will only ban you if you have no likes or mutual friends, and on that note I hardly talk to probably 90% of Dream World players I have on facebook, plus I will probably never and will never meet anyone I have as friends from Dream World in real life :lol:

Then you must not know that nothing on the internet is private, especially when it comes to Facebook and "Facebook friends".
NarutoU

Postby Arctica » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:04 pm

NarutoU wrote:
Arctica wrote:

Then you must not know that nothing on the internet is private, especially when it comes to Facebook and "Facebook friends".

Actually, that is how Facebook runs it, because there are sooo many games which allow you to add other players from the game to enhance your playing of the game. It filters out if you have mutual friends and likes, if you don't then it gets forwarded to the said person who deals with that sorta thing. As for internet privacy have you or have you not noticed facebook allows you to filter who can see what from your friends list? The only way they could stop people adding you or asking to add you from a facebook game is to completely remove the ability to have game friends, in turn making the game less popular so the developers will stop making the game due to loss of money, which intern means loss of money for facebook causing a nice wave of stuff closing down on the internet, which will mean no dream world, and come on have you even played on the kong server? there are no friends on there and it sucks (sorry devs) :lol:

EDIT: Also on the note of nothing being private on the internet, that doesnt really bother me the slightest because as soon as you tell someone in real life something guess what its not private, they can tell whoever and whatever they like from your one statement, probably twisting it a lot :ugeek:
Arctica

Next

Return to Report Abuse