ToS breaches

Re: ToS breaches

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:08 pm

How about this: Instead of creating a bunch of gray areas just make it simple. If a player has more than one character in the game pick one character and have that character hit the mystic. If a player has control over the diplomacy of 2 or more guilds then they not be allowed to declare the same mystics as the other guild or sit out that round entirely.

Simple
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby jamie7121 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Just to make it clear, I am not a titan but i share their concerns on this matter. I am GM at DB2, Drunken Bastards, this is not a witch hunt being carried out by 1 guild, its a genuine concern shared by several Guilds.
GM of Drunken Bastards
jamie7121

Postby Feochadan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:06 pm

DonnaNoble wrote:Just to clarify - not a Titan - never complained about a Titan.

So am I correct then we can all have multiple alts that control multiple guilds as long as the guilds each person controls does not use them for an unfair advantage?

Yes. Its the unfair advantage part that most seem to be missing.
Feochadan

Postby Raven » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:49 pm

The issue is we were told that using alts in wing guilds, or alt controlled guilds was a no no. This is the issue that was reported, but now the wording is being changed to make it a totally different subject. Oh well, I guess it goes to show that money talks.
Raven King
GM - Haven
Raven

Postby DonnaNoble » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Feochadan wrote:
DonnaNoble wrote:Just to clarify - not a Titan - never complained about a Titan.

So am I correct then we can all have multiple alts that control multiple guilds as long as the guilds each person controls does not use them for an unfair advantage?

Yes. Its the unfair advantage part that most seem to be missing.

So what is the point then???
DonnaNoble

Postby Maria » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm confused. I posted a load of general questions about alts - seems what's going on with other people's alts is suddenly OK so we can now all fire up our alts, wish we'd known before.

What I'm more confused by is the ref to complaints against Titans. I know of none and neither does our GM. If anyone plays dirty, cheats or is abusive we kick them out. Devs thank you for ignoring any but - please do let us know if there are any issues raised with you even if you're happy with us in respect of them - we would like to know.

In the mean time - Alt's abound! All guilds,lets take advantage of the new relaxed attitude to alts folks. I can see that the GMs of 4 major guilds have posted in here, representing well over 150 players. Thanks to the devs for clearing this up - lets all go nuts!
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Feochadan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Raven wrote:The issue is we were told that using alts in wing guilds, or alt controlled guilds was a no no. This is the issue that was reported, but now the wording is being changed to make it a totally different subject. Oh well, I guess it goes to show that money talks.

The answer given was to a question that referenced: Alts and alt guilds helping main and main guild by hitting the same Mystic wonders as main to help take it out and help the main potentially win.

You yourself have stated many times that hitting once for quest is not considered a hostile act by most guilds so I have always gone by that. Never have any of my alts done more than hit for quest, as per your guidance above, unless purposefully hitting an unknown guild to level and it wasn't one that JLH was hitting. So, taking that excellent ideal of hitting once for quest, as per your own words, it cannot be seen to be helping out the main or any other guild. Look yourself at the pathetically low numbers - what guild were they helping to win? The devs words and the spirit behind them have not changed.

D

Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. Marilyn Monroe
Feochadan

Postby Maria » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Arctica » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am

I'm gunna get bashed like hell for this comment, but this whole alt thing is just because to former friends had a disagreement and now hate each other, seeing as I can guess who the alt in question is, and the person who brought up this topic knew wayyyyyy before about there alts, months maybe years but seeing as they were friends chose not to say anything on the forum :roll: even there former GM is now vocal when he would have known as well... just seriously trying to point score over people on a game which is drastically dying isn't going to help get new people in fact it will do the opposite and make them not want to play
Arctica

Postby CMat66 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:01 am

Arctica wrote:I'm gunna get bashed like hell for this comment, but this whole alt thing is just because to former friends had a disagreement and now hate each other, seeing as I can guess who the alt in question is, and the person who brought up this topic knew wayyyyyy before about there alts, months maybe years but seeing as they were friends chose not to say anything on the forum :roll: even there former GM is now vocal when he would have known as well... just seriously trying to point score over people on a game which is drastically dying isn't going to help get new people in fact it will do the opposite and make them not want to play

With you on this because it is so accurate.

However, the main point is that there seems to be an obvious breach of ToS and Maria asked the question. The Devs answered then backtracked. Either this IS or ISN"T a breach of ToS. Decide and stick with it. Don't waiver/backtrack/flip-flop/etc. because of one person's (real or not) personal vendetta.

Agreed this is a dying game and agreed this will cause people to turn away from this game. I am one. I have been playing so sparely recently because of the whims of the Devs on decisions relating to the breach of ToS issues.

I was being watched by the Devs because SOMONE thought I was advancing too fast and had to be scripting. That made me sick. The indecisiveness of the Devs when it comes to clear violations just makes it worse.

I have held my tongue on this because I didn't want to get Banned, but I don't care anymore. People can get away with whatever in this game as long as you spend enough Money. The question to the Devs is: What is this threshold? How much do people have to spend, on a Monthly basis, to be able to "skirt" the ToS and not even get a written warning, let alone Banned?

Oh, and to whomever had the Devs watching me: Try playing 1 character and leaver your Alts alone. Funny how fast you can advance when you follow the rules and only play 1 character.
CMat66

PreviousNext

Return to Report Abuse