Merge or let us wither and die?

Discussion specific to Myspace / Mobile / Kong Servers (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Merge or let us wither and die?

Postby alfatemycat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I've introduced this game to many people including family, friends, co-workers etc. Some of them played for months and some played for years NONE of them play on MS server today.(4 wisely went to FB because they didn't care for MS) Anyhow my point, wait too long to merge and there won't be many, if any, players left. The bickering and fighting among the same people and stale game play are a recipe for quitting. As players quit others join because no one wants to play a game by themselves at least not what is suppose to be a social RPG.
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Re: Merge or let us wither and die?

Postby NarutoU » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm

alfatemycat wrote:I've introduced this game to many people including family, friends, co-workers etc. Some of them played for months and some played for years NONE of them play on MS server today.(4 wisely went to FB because they didn't care for MS) Anyhow my point, wait too long to merge and there won't be many, if any, players left. The bickering and fighting among the same people and stale game play are a recipe for quitting. As players quit others join because no one wants to play a game by themselves at least not what is suppose to be a social RPG.

It's too big of a decision for them to (supposedly) make right now... I really think they want us to die out...

I've posted about the merge, and after 8 days, I had finally gotten a response:

http://ms.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11480
NarutoU

Postby alfatemycat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Thank you Narutou, I saw your post. I just figured since some time has passed there might be some kind of progress on the subject. Since you were the only one to respond I fear we were left to die slowly. There are only two dozen(at most) people that play on MS server. I just don't see what's so hard about making a character, setting level, setting a bank, setting stats(or dumping a ton of LP on us to spend on stats), load some eq, swift smack on the behind and say "welcome to KongS2(or FB or where ever we end up). Sounds like they want to move EVERYTHING, but why? Is it easier to move everything than it is to make a few dozen characters?
Being safe on the internet is a lot like being safe in real life. Always have a back-up plan and be careful where you stick your pointer.
alfatemycat

Postby NarutoU » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm

alfatemycat wrote:Thank you Narutou, I saw your post. I just figured since some time has passed there might be some kind of progress on the subject. Since you were the only one to respond I fear we were left to die slowly. There are only two dozen(at most) people that play on MS server. I just don't see what's so hard about making a character, setting level, setting a bank, setting stats(or dumping a ton of LP on us to spend on stats), load some eq, swift smack on the behind and say "welcome to KongS2(or FB or where ever we end up). Sounds like they want to move EVERYTHING, but why? Is it easier to move everything than it is to make a few dozen characters?

I think they're waiting until, a) nobody pays anymore, or, b) everyone except spock leaves the game...
NarutoU

Postby admin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:18 am

We have no plan to let the server just "wither and die" but we are not ready to make a decision on any server merges yet. The fact that most of top level and active players and guilds have not spoken up are this matter seems to indicate to us that they are quite happy staying on server for now. Every active guild on the server right now is a "top guild" and can easily obtain a Mystic and Invasion, but majority of top players and guilds may likely be buried once merged FB or even Kong s2 because they are much more very hardcore players in both of those servers. This doesn't mean we will never merge the server, but there is just no need to do so right now.
admin
Site Admin

Postby alfatemycat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 am

lol NarutoU I don't think MM will quit while Spock is still in DW and Spock has quit playing before so I don't think he will be the last player standing.
alfatemycat

Postby alfatemycat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Ok admin then I got a question, if no one has spoke up and said they want to merge has anyone spoke up and said they don't want to merge? I mean you have to know what assume makes you. I've seen plenty of talk about server merge but not once did I see a DEV ask what people thought of a merge. The server lost 2 players since my last post seems we are left to wither. What's the difference between burying us all at once or if we bury ourselves one by one?
alfatemycat

Postby NarutoU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:06 am

alfatemycat wrote:Ok admin then I got a question, if no one has spoke up and said they want to merge has anyone spoke up and said they don't want to merge? I mean you have to know what assume makes you. I've seen plenty of talk about server merge but not once did I see a DEV ask what people thought of a merge. The server lost 2 players since my last post seems we are left to wither. What's the difference between burying us all at once or if we bury ourselves one by one?

I kind of quit as well. I never really played when it was on Myspace, then when it was transferred I started playing, but then stopped after BS started up... now, I usually check it like 3 times a day. Although, recently, I've been checking it less...
NarutoU

Postby alfatemycat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 pm

The numbers are dwindling down lower. People who use to play all the time are barely on. I've seen plenty of players talk about merging on walls, but of course no response from any kind of staff. Face it folks we're a dead game(MS anyhow) and they can linger for years after they fall. If I were any of you, I'd try to get something for my gems before they close the doors on us.
alfatemycat

Postby admin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:51 am

I am not going to repeat the same response again. We have no plan to close the server. It's matter of keep running as is, or merge the active accounts to kong s2 at this point.

If you can even get half of the top 10 or 20 players to post on this thread stating they would like to try the server with merged settings, we can run a trial week with merged setting and then merge the the accounts to kong s2 if there are no objections.

On the other hand, if you continue to incite chaos on the forum with cause, then we have no choice but to suspend your account.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Myspace / Mobile / Kong Servers