I think answers are required

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

I think answers are required

Postby Fred » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

First of all, I would like to ask the devs/admins/moderators or whoever manages this forum to please not ban this account. I am not here to troll/harass/insult or anything I have been accused of in the past. I am here because I want to voice my opinions on certain issues that have been left unanswered.

On January 4th, all level 97+ were banned from the Fallen, which means Lemuel, Mark and myself. It's not a surprise to anyone that we are not happy with this, mainly because the Fallen was the only place for us to actually compete. There's the invasion you say? Takes me about 30 minutes to do 10 billion. Anyways, that isn't my main concern.

What actually bothers me is that on the very same day this patch was installed on the server, it was reverted on Kongregate. This is KingK's message on the kongregate forum.

Jan 4, 2012 9:10pm
kingk
Our original plan is to divide the next planned expansion into two parts and rush the high-level content that would replace Hell Gate for level 97+ players this month, while the remaining will wait for couple more months. However, considering number of players concerned about this issue, we reverted the Hell Gate changes from the last patch for the Kongregate server, and will keep the next expansion contents together. This would give us more time to plan things in the expansion properly.

So my question is the following. There is a whole thread on this forum of people concerned about this issue, yet, 5 days later, we haven't heard from the devs at all.

In the end, all we want to know is why it was reverted on Kongregate and not on Facebook.

So, I think it would be a relief to everyone to actually have an admin give us answers as I know a lot of people who post on this forum feel ignored and left in the dark.

Once again, before I end this post, I will ask that you do not delete/lock this thread and that you do not ban me. I will keep my posts (the very few I will make) clean.

Thanx
Fred

Re: I think answers are required

Postby williamfoley2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm

I agree with Fred. As I have not reached lvl 97 yet I have slowed considerable on trying to lvl because I don't want to get to the point where I have nothing to do. Please pay us the same courtesy as you have extended to Kong players. Thanks.
williamfoley2

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

I have sent my suggestion to the devs that the high levels be let back in and instead grade the fallen like they do the invasion, so everyone competes with a band of similar level players . Whatever level they reduce the block on the fallen too the people at lower levels will complain they still can't compete so a tiered system for players levels (rather than guild levels) would seem a better answer to me - I know Mark liked that idea when I posted it on another thread too so I sent it to the devs. No answer yet though
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Fred » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I like the idea.

But I am still bothered by the fact that they took the time to revert on Kongregate and to respond in the forum while we have been left in the dark. In the end, whatever they decide to do, I don't really care as long as an explanation is provided and we know why they decided to do so.

I work very hard daily to get to where I am today and I kinda feel cheated.

It would just feel nice if we had the feeling this forum actually has a meaning and is not considered like a book on a shelf that you never read.

That's all I'm asking.
Fred

Postby Gods Creator » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

I have to agree with you Fred, the content should be adjusted not taken away and I also feel that the Dev's interest in this forum is less than minimal.

For what it is worth I also think that this thread should not be locked or deleted, also Fred should not get banned because has a valid point, banning him or locking this thread would kinda prove that whoever is exerting this power is afraid to step up and put a voice to their decisions.

On another note, Fred I am curious, do you think that the Fallen as it used to be warranted a change? Because the way I see it now that Greater Fallen gear became vaultable all of a sudden several Guilds were in a spot to care again for a top ranking as they can use the gear to improve their overall Guild performance. I guess what I am trying to ask is do you agree that it was a bit suboptimal before because since the Fallen was now up longer the smaller guilds could not get into the top ranking because there was always enough time for the real High hitters of the game to create a huge gap? I for one felt as if I had no chance to get anywhere in the race and I wished that there was a way to distribute the rewards so the smaller guilds can profit.

Maybe if the higher level players cared for the competition the loot could be handed out in a way that also takes lower level players into account?

Just curious about your view on this.
Gods Creator

Postby Fred » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

I may be wrong, but I think the only reason the Fallen HP's was increased is to make the greater fallen drops rare. So instead of 6-7 fallens per day, we now have 2-3, making the drops that are actually worth it pretty slim.

On the other hand, banning the lvls 97 and above makes absolutely no sense to me as we all know this is a stat based game and not a level based game. No matter what level you block the fallen at, the people who will finish first have no use for the loot, unless the fallen is banned for levels 90 and above.

Currently, the top 59 are at least level 90, so they have access to drow gear. If they manage to place on the Fallen and get a good drop, they will vault it for weaker players to take.

So it's my opinion that this level 97 and above ban is totally unjustifiable if the real motif behind it was so that people who can actually use the gear have a shot at it.

Just my 2 cents.
Fred

Postby Gods Creator » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 am

What I was aiming at was only 1 or 2 guild getting Fallen gear for their members, ofc players of level 90 and above have no use for the gear, but they can vault it for their weaker guildies, so its somewhat unbalanced when 1-2 guilds are finishing first, and the rest of the guilds dont get a shot at getting greater fallen for their members.

Besides I didnt say it justifies the 97+ ban I just said I think it warranted a change.. just not the ban
Gods Creator

Postby Dragonspawn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 am

Server Update 01/09/2012
by admin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:40 am

Update January 09, 2012

- For players playing on the Facebook Canvas, you can complete offers to earn Free Gems directly, instead of earning Facebook Credits.
- Reverted Hell Gate changes from the last patch until we release alternative content that can replace it for level 97+.
- Fixed a bug where the first 2 destroyed Mystic was retaining bonuses until the very end instead of removed after 3rd being destroyed.
- Final item reward for Monster Arena now have 1/2 chance of being extended item set instead of 1/3.
admin
Site Admin

Does not give any answers but at least they have reversed their decision on the Fallen!!!!!
Dragonspawn

Return to Facebook Server