The scripting warning in the Demon Gates invasion

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

The scripting warning in the Demon Gates invasion

Postby Solomon Grundy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 am

Has there been any evidence of anyone scripting at all, or is this just a general purpose warning? Our intent was to go all out during the invasion period as a contest between guilds, but this warning is making many of us paranoid about continuing to do so. Thank you for any clarification on this matter.
Solomon Grundy

Re: The scripting warning in the Demon Gates invasion

Postby admin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 am

Yes, one of the top ranked players on that invasion board already tripped off the scripter alert by sending 89 attacks after the combat was already over. We are not disclosing the character name at this point.

We also received several tips from other players that the competition is being billed as a competition of the "scripts". In addition to monitoring the top ranked players for constant attack rates over period of 24 hours, we are also planning to add instant auto-ban traps that will cause scripting accounts to be banned automatically. Players using script assist and speed-up some aspects in addition to manual play will also be caught by the auto-ban traps. That warning is placed there as fair warning before we add those instant traps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Solomon Grundy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 am

Question about this. Is simply holding the S key down, as many people do during the invasion as opposed to letting the meter fill up each and every time, going to set off your script traps and precautions?
Solomon Grundy

Postby admin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 am

No, manually holding the 's' key down won't cause your account to be banned, unless you ignore what is on the screen and keep holding it for couple minutes even though the battle is already over. Using scripts that simulates the pressing of the hotkeys or buttons may set off the script traps, however.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tonks » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 am

We also received several tips from other players that the competition is being billed as a competition of the "scripts"

It saddens me the petty nature of some players...

This competition was set up to inject some life back into the game... of late there has been a general air of apathy attached to the game. So rather than applaud the initiative of a few who have worked together to do this, once more the usual suspects line up to share their deluded paranoia ruining what was supposed to be a bit of fun!
Last edited by Tonks on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonks - T3A

Tonks

Postby debann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 am

thank you for the quick response . As one of the players playing my fingers off, I don't want there to be any questions about my playing.
We have been planning this event for 2 months as a way to see which guild was the best in an uncapped city. It has never been a "scripters" event. I for one would like you to catch the scripters and ban them. It is disheartening to think that someone feels the need to cheat in this game. Most of us are just here to have fun.
debann

Postby admin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 am

I am also confident majority the players in the competition are not running any scripts and would like to see the event carry out as planned. The warning is placed for the tiny handful of players that are using scripts to assist their play. We want to make sure they know that they should be playing on the same playing field with the majority of other players who are playing without script assistance.

Also adding to the previous reply - there will be due diligence done to investigate any account banned by the newly planned auto-traps. Any false positive bans will obviously be reversed. This means if you are not running any scripts, you can disregard the warning message.
admin
Site Admin

Postby DrPhil » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 am

It is of course important that you maintain vigilance with regard to potential exploiters, but i think the other side of the coin here is that the players involved are demonstrating an unparalleled level of dedication. I hope you (the devs) are taking note and looking for ways to plan and incentivize events like this in order to garner even greater participation.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Denzo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Enjoy your script while it lasts !! Lmao :roll: :shock: :lol: 8-) :twisted:
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby WarBound » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm

So I just held down S after dying to Mormo and nothing popped up after about 15 seconds. Either it doesn't get affected by S or is too slow so anyone holding down S shouldn't be affected.
WarBound

Return to Facebook Server