Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Postby Kalon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 am

T3A was somewhat of a "surprise". The original plan for this was VV versus VVA. I had a feeling something else was going to happen with Phil...but none of it was concrete. I'm not sure if anyone in VV or VVA KNEW this was going to happen other than Mark. It was supposed to be VV versus VVA...and Phil suddenly appeared with this new group of challengers to truly test us both. The reason it wasn't announced is that it was a SURPRISE. Like I said, I suspected something may be happening, but didn't really have any idea what. I thought VVA was going to bring in Phil and some more power hitters. I did not expect the EPIC league of all-stars we were tasked with fighting against.

It was not an insult to anyone else. It was a fun contest for the VV family. Phil spiced it up by inviting a celebrity team to fight us. He did this as a surprise. It was a lot more fun that way, trust me. Someone pointed out in guild chat either late Sunday night or early Monday morning..top players are leaving their guilds. Phil gave a cryptic hint. We began to notice just how many "missing" people there were. And we started suspecting what was coming. Then T3A was formed and started hitting demon gates. A mere little in guild play fight between VV and VVA was no more. This was real. THE GAME WAS ON.

I believe that for the VV family, and for T3A, T3A's surprise emergence was even more fun then announcing it weeks ahead of time would have been. VV and VVA was going to have a fun time. T3A crashed that party (and made it even more fun in the process). Any other guild would have been welcome to crash that party. So, why did we announce it on the forums afterwards?

IT WAS FUN. It was a blast. Sure, invasion sucks most of the time...but this made it worth it. Both guilds put up an amazing effort. We wanted to share the fun we had with everyone. We were proud of what we did, and we wanted to share our accomplishments.

Meanwhile, VV still plans to hold demon gates. You're welcome to come up with any team you want and challenge us. Declare your intentions, and we'll go to war with you starting Monday night. Or don't, and just barge in, and see if we can recover. Or assemble in secret, and try to attack us in secret at the last minute, before we can retaliate. We're always here for the challenge. You want a piece of us? We'll be at Demon Gates. Come whenever you want, as often as you want, and bring whomever you want with you. That's your invitation.
Kalon

Postby debann » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:05 pm

well said Kalon.
debann

Postby Fieryshoe » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Etching's guild versus VV...winner gets a future title shot against Phil's All-Stars!
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby DrPhil » Wed May 01, 2013 6:55 am

What if i go on Etchings side and become part of the etching all-stars?

i do stuff like that :D
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby etching » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 am

DrPhil wrote:What if i go on Etchings side and become part of the etching all-stars?

i do stuff like that :D

There's no point in that. I only care enough to participate, not to actually compete in any competition.
If I actually cared at all in competing, I would have joined an elite guild a year ago, but I have no interest in doing so...
etching

Postby Mutt » Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am

etching wrote:There's no point in that. I only care enough to participate, not to actually compete in any competition.
If I actually cared at all in competing, I would have joined an elite guild a year ago, but I have no interest in doing so...

Well if that last statement doesn't reveal the mentality of our ET...this event was a competition. When participating in a battle you ARE competing...anyhow...once again...piss poor trolling and cries for attention ET...try again...still not buying it.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby etching » Wed May 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Mutt wrote:Well if that last statement doesn't reveal the mentality of our ET...this event was a competition. When participating in a battle you ARE competing...anyhow...once again...piss poor trolling and cries for attention ET...try again...still not buying it.

I wasn't trying to compete when I participated in the event last year as I didn't care at all where I ended up.
Like I said, if I really cared to compete, I would have joined a stronger guild to begin with.
No, I'm not in any way, shape or form crying for attention. I'm merely pointing out that events of this magnitude
should have been publicized beforehand so that others could have participated if they wanted to...
etching

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Event: Memorial Day Mayem...A Dreamworld PPV Extravaganza

Main Event: Mutt vs. Etching, Last Man (or mutt) Standing Match

- Mutt spots Etching a 1T point lead in the Invasion

- Winner is the one with the most damage

- If Mutt loses, VV gets a future title shot :roll:

- If Etching loses, he writes lots of nice things about Mutt

I think this could work... :D
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby etching » Wed May 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Fieryshoe wrote:Event: Memorial Day Mayem...A Dreamworld PPV Extravaganza

Not if I don't agree to it, which I won't. Like I said, I'm not participating in the events to compete with others,
so I will never take part in a individual competition involving myself...
etching

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm

etching wrote:
Fieryshoe wrote:Event: Memorial Day Mayem...A Dreamworld PPV Extravaganza

Not if I don't agree to it, which I won't. Like I said, I'm not participating in the events to compete with others,
so I will never take part in a individual competition involving myself...

Sooooo....you don't want to compete against others, yet you are throwing a hissy fit because you wasn't asked to participate? What is the point of "participating" in an event like the invasion where you compete against others to win ...if you don't want to compete? The whole point of the End of Days event was people COMPETING against each other. Who is going to go out of their way to toss you an invite and make sure you get in if you aren't going to compete? It would be like me rounding up a group of basketball players to go play against Mutt, and then I ask you, but you turn me down because you don't want to play directly against the other team.

Also, as it was stated already, you could have just shown up and participated ANYWAYS without being invited. There is no lock on Demon Gates to prevent you from getting in. Unless you lived under a rock for the past two weeks, it was impossible not to know about what was going on, because it received massive attention both in game and on the forums.

Jumping on people who were extremely classy in congratulating their fellow competitors is rather bizarre because: 1) Going by what you just said, you wouldn't have competed even if asked, 2) Had you "participated", you would have done so in a way where you weren't competing against everyone else, so I am guessing you would have been in a one man guild, casually clicking away to fullfill the participation requirement, but since you in a one man guild you aren't expected to win and therefore not directly competing against others, 3) Unless I missed something or a page, you still haven't posted your in game name and guild, so people still can't officially invite you even if they wanted to.
Fieryshoe

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server