Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Woe to the fire and brimstone...

Postby debann » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm

As a proud member of VV , I offer my congratulations to everyone who played their fingers off. I held out hope to the bitter end that we would prevail, but you all proved too much for us. Was great to see how many came out of semi and full retirement just to kick our butts.
Like Phil said, this was originally planned as a VV against VVA battle for the Demon Gates, so there was no reason for us to "advertise" anything.

Thank you all for coming and playing in our town.

If there is a next time, there will be plenty of warning( I hope)
debann

Postby etching » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

debann wrote:Like Phil said, this was originally planned as a VV against VVA battle for the Demon Gates, so there was no reason for us to "advertise" anything.

Yeah, but to say

"On behalf of everyone at T3A, we would like to congratulate all the players in all guilds that took part in this last week's invasion in the Demon Gates."

is a total slap in the face to anyone who wasn't invited to this exclusive event.
Furthermore, shame on you guys for rubbing it in afterwards by boasting about it...
"HEY I HAD FUN IN THIS GREAT EVENT AND GUESS WHAT? YOU WEREN"T INVITED! HAHA!"
Makes everyone who wasn't invited look like total crap...Sheesh!
etching

Postby Samra » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:25 pm

etching wrote:
debann wrote:Like Phil said, this was originally planned as a VV against VVA battle for the Demon Gates, so there was no reason for us to "advertise" anything.

Yeah, but to say

"On behalf of everyone at T3A, we would like to congratulate all the players in all guilds that took part in this last week's invasion in the Demon Gates."

is a total slap in the face to anyone who wasn't invited to this exclusive event.
Furthermore, shame on you guys for rubbing it in afterwards by boasting about it...

etching, what's your in-game name and guild?
Samra

Postby Mutt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok...I am here again...and none of these responses matter now....lets begin

etching wrote:Boy, would it have killed anyone to announce on the forums *beforehand* that such an event was going to take place?
Mentioning the event on the forums after the fact is pretty useless, IMHO...

If you were a member of one of these guilds, then you knew it was coming for months now...alternately...if you were and yet, knew nothing...the answer is simple....THEY DON'T LIKE YOU...
Oh...last bit on this because there are a few more to respond to...this information is pretty useful and will continue to be....see...while you waste your time here to bring absolutely nothing to the thread...we are all clicking...furthering the gap between our epic awesomeness and relentless jealousy.

etching wrote:Why couldn't it have been done the same way for this event, particularly since *you yourself*
announced the previous event last year? So the next event won't be until next year? Gee, thanks!

No, no I will not talk about "*you yourself*" being redundant as hell...no...will not lower myself....anyhow...you asked many questions why...and the answer is simple. The world is a mystery full of delight and merriment! Then the day will come when you will start learning about the birds and bees, see hair is strange places...and notice that not so fresh feeling...its life's great mystery...

etching wrote:Unless the top guilds agree to participate there's really no point of me creating an event. Why even bother?

This is the only post I will not argue...I believe everyone else would share my opinion after this failed foolish attempt at trolling...

etching wrote:

Yeah, but to say

Well ET, the answer here is simple...all this time you have spent trying to flame and troll this thread...could have been time spent working on your account, because I would give up on working on your mouth...no...no not impressed...I came for the entertainment and left with the gift of disappointment...
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby etching » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Mutt wrote:If you were a member of one of these guilds, then you knew it was coming for months now...alternately...if you were and yet, knew nothing...the answer is simple....THEY DON'T LIKE YOU...
Oh...last bit on this because there are a few more to respond to...this information is pretty useful and will continue to be....see...while you waste your time here to bring absolutely nothing to the thread...we are all clicking...furthering the gap between our epic awesomeness and relentless jealousy.

That only proves my point --- That you guys are so self-centered that you are unable to show any respect to non-elitist guilds.
Pathetic...Actually, I'm glad I'm *not* in an elitist guild, as I would feel ashamed to be a part of one...
etching

Postby Vitreous » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 am

Oh my dear lord, how far your choice of perspective has departed from reality. Elitist? Lack of respect? Uninvited? Only events that are recognized by "top guilds" are worth doing?

The creation of T3A, at its very core, was nothing more than to give VV the proper respect it deserves. Look at the depth of character that resides in VV: players willing to spend hour upon countless hour striving to not only improve themselves as individuals but also as a cohesive team. They are worthy of nothing but the highest levels of respect and praise, and to attempt to challenge them with anything less than the best we can do is not only disgraceful to ourselves, but shows more of a lack of respect to them than accusing all of them as being scripters and cheats. As to a lack of respect to other players that were not "invited" to play, at what point did you attempt to join one side or another? The last time I checked, invasion is open to any player meeting the minimum requirements set forth by Wei. There was nothing, is nothing, that would have stopped yet another guild from entering the battle. Many other guilds not only have the power, but were aware that something potentially big, either good or bad, was about to happen when they noticed players leaving their guilds and moving to T3A.

At no point did I ever see a post by Wei stating that the rules of engagement had changed and that only VV, VVA, and T3A were allowed to take part in the Demon Gate invasion this week. Personally, I had hoped to see a few other guilds jump in just to show their interest and support. We, as a player base, had asked Wei for a very long time to give us one city where we could have uncapped damage to use to truly test not only ourselves but our guilds to their limit. After giving us that format, how disrespectful we would be not to use that city to its fullest advantage.

You are upset because we didn't "announce" the intent to hold a competition. I can understand that to a point, but at what point do you have the responsibility to stand up and say "I want to be a part of this." Events take place in DW all the time, whether they be within a guild or between multiple guilds. Are we supposed to announce every event we hold to challenge others publicly so you can critique them before they even begin? When was the last time you challenged yourself to do something you've never achieved before? When was the last time you held an event within your own guild? When was the last time you stood up and challenged your peers to join you in a shared goal? I should hope that you do so every day, because bringing your players together is what builds both great guilds and generates more interest in the game.

Assembling a veritable mish-mosh of players from around the game allows us to not only try new and profound things within the limits of the game, but also allows us to build friendships that may not have previously existed and allows us all to take something back to our "home" guilds to help them improve. Not all ideas can be shared with just words on a screen, sometimes you have to be a part of something else to truly understand. I agree that temporary "power-guilds" can have a major disruptive factor on the game, but those disruptions can serve a better cause by shaking the foundations and complacency that forms in a game that has lasted so long with so many "powerful" players.

If anything, I would hope that everyone can walk away from this with your own ideas for an event. Surround yourself with players that are willing to try the impossible, or at least the highly improbable. Create something amazing and show the rest of the game that it can be done, or at least be willing to put everything you have into the effort. Challenge another guild. You do not need permission to take "their" city. No one is truly safe and secure.

Show all of DW your dedication to the dream.
Vitreous

Postby Pasquale » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:02 am

etching wrote:
Mutt wrote:If you were a member of one of these guilds, then you knew it was coming for months now...alternately...if you were and yet, knew nothing...the answer is simple....THEY DON'T LIKE YOU...

That only proves my point --- That you guys are so self-centered that you are unable to show any respect to non-elitist guilds.
Pathetic...Actually, I'm glad I'm *not* in an elitist guild, as I would feel ashamed to be a part of one...

You wouldn't be invited to any of the "elitist" guilds with that piss poor attitude anyway, perhaps you should reread the posts you made... you sound like a spoiled brat upset cause you weren't invited to a party
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby WarBound » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:25 am

Can we all at least agree Sin is a douchebag?
WarBound

Postby Wargasm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:31 am

clap clap clap
Wargasm

Postby etching » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 am

Vitreous wrote:At no point did I ever see a post by Wei stating that the rules of engagement had changed and that only VV, VVA, and T3A were allowed to take part in the Demon Gate invasion this week. Personally, I had hoped to see a few other guilds jump in just to show their interest and support.

That was the point I was making --- if you wanted greater participation in the event, why not make an post announcing
the event? It doesn't make any sense not to...

You are upset because we didn't "announce" the intent to hold a competition. I can understand that to a point, but at what point do you have the responsibility to stand up and say "I want to be a part of this." Events take place in DW all the time, whether they be within a guild or between multiple guilds. Are we supposed to announce every event we hold to challenge others publicly so you can critique them before they even begin?

The answer is easy -- if the event was important enough that it was necessary to brag about it afterwards to everyone
on the forum *with pictures*, then it's a total no-brainer that the general public should have been invited to it as well.
Like I said, making a thread about it afterwards only rubs it in the face of everyone who wasn't invited to the event...
etching

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server