Mutt 4 Blacksmith/Forge

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Mutt 4 Blacksmith/Forge

Postby Mutt » Mon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Holy crap! How did I miss this lol...maybe we should all work on this in the new council too?... to spit ball ideas...and work with what the admin is concerned about here...try to think of a way to make this happen without any potential or possible exploitation. So we need to think about price for using the feature, ingredients and effects, and possible finished products. Keep in mind, we may be able to provide a clear cut way to make the first rendition of this, that being said, it doesnt have to be the final product...we always have patches. Im sure we can do good with this.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Talon Lake » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Taking it to the forums opens it up to more than the select GM/GOs of the top 25ish guilds, to more people who may also have ideas.
Dreamworld
Name - Talon | Guild - Member of DB2

Time World
Facebook| Name - Talon | Galaxy 9
Talon Lake

Postby Mutt » Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm

I agree Talon...its just easier to spit ball on the live group page, but I am in the process of making to more threads for this...one will be called the UN sketch pad, so we can all bounce ideas...the group will post ideas from facebook to there, also gives kong players a chance to be involved in the same place. I plan to make the another Dreamworld United thread. It will act as the group for forums. That way everything is open for input and it allows players that want to keep their real life identities private safe.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Mutt » Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 pm

admin wrote:It's not a bad concept but balancing the design and the recipes will be very difficult - for example, to prevent extremely ease to create higher tier weapons, one of the ingredient probably have to be the target tier's ring (because the ring is rare) - for example (dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + something = [x% success] to become a positron staff of agility +9).

I will add this to the list of potential features to add for future expansions (no guarantees on when or if) - where do you think the blacksmith/forge should be located?

Seems the most we can add to the formula for balancing is blacksmithing as a trainable skill. This may alleviate early abuse of loopholes in the initial design. As you can see, most are afraid to sacrifice their tings for blacksmithing but, I believe this to be a premium feature to add because it a sense it creates a job other than experience grinding or mystery box farming. Maybe adding premium items or allies as well, at least if you want to create the best equipment at the best chances....so where I am poor with the formulas involved, I would think it could look like this for your example:
(dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + blacksmith skill level = positron staff of agility +9)....where this example shows premium ingredients, the blacksmith skill level could the make a break chance to lose all these items.
For the above example, I believe a max or heavily trained blacksmith will proceed with this forge with confidence in the success where the untrained new blacksmith may not.
I dont want to add too much but I also thought about these example.
(dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + talisman + blacksmith skill level = enchanted positron staff +9)?
(enchanted positron staff+9 + positron ring + talisman + ally + blacksmith skill level = reinforced enchanted positron Staff + 9)?
Anyhow, leaving options open like that, or keeping what you can add to the forge simple like only the 5 spaces in your inventory can go into the forge at one time. If the Blacksmith works, you could add badges for mystery weapons as challenges...something like this on bonus weekends.....Dreamworld: New forge item and badge added! Can you be the first to find it?....
the mystery combination could be (kitchen knife + ally book + mystery box + blacksmith skill = Ginsu Knife) and it would take forever to find...give that I have got to find this combination out feeling to the players.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Alicxesmine » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 am

OMG we should have a blacksmith! I wanna "try" to forge a gun and sword to make a gunblade! I that be sooooooooo cooooool!!!!
Alicxesmine

Postby Mutt » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:59 pm

:lol: Thanks for the support!!!
ImageImage
Its great being me,
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Previous