Mutt 4 Blacksmith/Forge

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Mutt 4 Blacksmith/Forge

Postby Mutt » Thu May 02, 2013 11:40 pm

We should have one to combine rings and create/combine weapons/armors for new gameplay possibilities for a gem based price of success.

Please show support...every great RPG needs its blacksmith/forge and its always been where most of the best gear is found.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Re: Mutt 4 Blacksmith/Forge

Postby xbelladonnax » Thu May 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Mutt wrote:We should have one to combine rings and create/combine weapons/armors for new gameplay possibilities for a gem based price of success.

Please show support...every great RPG needs its blacksmith/forge and its always been where most of the best gear is found.

I support this message, with a +1
xBellaDonnax in game.
xbelladonnax

Postby Pasquale » Thu May 02, 2013 11:54 pm

I agree, i've always wanted more variety to equipment, and one of the games i used to play had a really awesome forge options that helped you become a badass

I +1 too
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Vitreous » Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 am

Although a blacksmith/forge system has the potential to unbalance a game very quickly if not carefully implemented, adding the ability to make modifications to equipment isn't necessarily a bad idea.
Something along the lines of being able to add "+"'s to gear, one step at a time, for a gem cost or as part of a quest, would not unbalance things as long as the same + limits were enforced.
Also using the forge you could also spend gems to force successful enhancements into gear, or optionally increase the e-pot limit slightly.

Combining several special abilities of equipment (Enchanted/Guardian/Scoped/Boss Damage/etc.) may sound like a good idea, but if that's the direction you allow the process to go then you might as well just add one final class to the game that combines all the skills together as there would no longer be any reason for separate classes.
Vitreous

Postby Fieryshoe » Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 am

Let's do it!
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby debann » Fri May 03, 2013 12:14 am

gets my vote
debann

Postby admin » Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am

It's not a bad concept but balancing the design and the recipes will be very difficult - for example, to prevent extremely ease to create higher tier weapons, one of the ingredient probably have to be the target tier's ring (because the ring is rare) - for example (dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + something = [x% success] to become a positron staff of agility +9).

I will add this to the list of potential features to add for future expansions (no guarantees on when or if) - where do you think the blacksmith/forge should be located?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Miroku » Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 am

admin wrote:It's not a bad concept but balancing the design and the recipes will be very difficult - for example, to prevent extremely ease to create higher tier weapons, one of the ingredient probably have to be the target tier's ring (because the ring is rare) - for example (dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + something = [x% success] to become a positron staff of agility +9).

I will add this to the list of potential features to add for future expansions (no guarantees on when or if) - where do you think the blacksmith/forge should be located?

In the land of Killjoy, in the fires of the Volcanic Cavern, the Dark Lord Mutt forged in secret a master plan, to control all others.

:lol:

I can think of no better place.
Miroku

Postby DrPhil » Sun May 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Not hijacking mutt's idea - it seems folks like it and it's good to get some feedback from devs.

A different idea.
Imagine a conflict zone that rendered all players equal, similar in model to invasion, but one where all clicks are of an equal value for all players. Imagine a set of targets that unlock rewards - for instance you hit 1bil and you win 3 mysteryboxes. You hit 10 bil you get 10 mysteryboxes and 5 ep's. You hit 100bil and you unlock a guaranteed extended item to match your class - something along those lines. The idea is to render all players equal in this zone, where the number of clicks that a single individual commits to making is directly rewarded. I dont think this should become a permanent feature, more of an occasional a pop-u event that could be used to support special events.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby WarBound » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 am

admin wrote:It's not a bad concept but balancing the design and the recipes will be very difficult - for example, to prevent extremely ease to create higher tier weapons, one of the ingredient probably have to be the target tier's ring (because the ring is rare) - for example (dw staff of agility +9 + positron ring + something = [x% success] to become a positron staff of agility +9).

It could just be that a new loot drop is introduced that allows 10% block to a weapon or a 5% damage increase or a heal% and only 1 or 2 can be used per weapon. You could buy a slot for 100gems so a 300gem purchase would unlock 3 spots on a weapon, armor, or ring.
WarBound

Next

Return to Facebook Server