Thank you Developrs for listening on the levl 97 Fallen!

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Thank you Developrs for listening on the levl 97 Fallen!

Postby Kalon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

It got reversed and that's a good thing. Once again all players have all the content they deserve. Thank you for listening.

However...

I see in the update it looks like the plan is still to ban these players from Fallen with new content. There's several reasons I think this is STILL a bad idea even with new, better content for them..and I think there's some easy work around solutions.

1. Right now, all the 97's would donate any greater fallen gear to their vault for other guild members, thus working on redistributing the worth. Not only the current 97s, but I feel confident in saying any other player would do the same. It's not being sold off and wasted.
2. Higher ups aren't just working on Fallen for their own bonus..but for the guild bonus. Banning certain players, or certain guilds, from competing would skew this. Top guilds have worked hard to get where they are. There's other bonuses for guilds that can't win Fallen or Invasion, such as damage cap bonuses getting their guild a smaller bonus. This is a good idea and rewards other guilds for effort. But, top players, or guilds with top players, shouldn't be "punished".
3. In general, it's just a bad idea to remove content. The idea is ALWAYS to add content, NEVER take it away. I'm a level 86 and I have no use for demon gates or portals--I can build fame better ways, I have better options for coins and xp, etc. But, I don't want it removed, as I want to be able to help out others in clearing them or defeating bosses if need be.

But, I understand that they want lower people to earn their Fallen equipment, and not just top, maybe, 10 people to get it every time. Understandable. So, how about we the players, offer you some alternative solutions to achieve your goal, without removing content from key individuals?

1. Tier levels just like on invasion. I understand not wanting Greater Fallen to be incredibly common so absolutely every level 84 and above has it. So, we can't have TOO many tiers. But I think the simplest is the following: two tiers. One level 90+ (players already have access to better gear such as Drow, and could be getting Greater Fallen from mboxes). This would allow top players to continue to help their guilds. The second tier would be for 89 and below. Truly give a chance for players to EARN the Greater Fallen gear. Yes, some of these may also already have Greater Fallen gear. But, there's really no workaround to that. To reduce the amount of Greater Fallen gear while opening up these tiers, we can reduce it two 2 of the "top" Greater Fallen gear for each rank, making a total of only 4 "top" Greater Fallen gear items with each downed Fallen.

2. Give alternate rewards to all high level players. A less popular idea, but one I think would still be ok. Give level 90+ players (who again, already have access to better gear) alternate rewards, while still allowing them to help give guild bonuses to their guild and at least compete in Fallen for the competition. It would be unfortunate that they would no longer be able to get gear and vault it for their fellow guildies...but I think they'd all understand if all those with access to better gear were treated equally and would not be able to hoarde the Greater Fallen for the rest of their guild. Instead, level 90+ players could get coins (and a significant amount to make it worth it to them), mbox rewards, or even gems for their efforts. Perhaps every 100 million gives X amount of said item, and introducing another cap--maybe a 600 million limit, 700 million, 1 billion, whatever. Have their damage shown, but simply not qualify for the Greater Fallen gear rewards. That way they still get their sense of competition without having a monopoly on gear.

I hope other players can give other alternatives--and that the developers would have an open mind and consider these possible solutions. I'd just like to reiterate that I don't believe anyone has a problem with the Fallen system being reworked so that there's more hope for others to win the Fallen rather than being dominated by a rather small group of "elites". The real problem lies in removing content from certain players of an arbitrary level. It actually discourages people from leveling up and playing the game.
Kalon

Re: Thank you Developrs for listening on the levl 97 Fallen!

Postby Maria » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:20 pm

I agree entirely with your post, in fact I had sent a suggestion similar to your No.1 to them. I'm glad they have listened and hope the update comes soon and/or one of your suggestinos is acted on

Thanks Devs
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Return to Facebook Server