Invasion Battle Royale - Oceana /End of Jan.

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Invasion Battle Royale - Oceana /End of Jan.

Postby DrPhil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

see....mark gets it - that's what the event is all about...we used to do this for fun (well i didn't) but i used to watch others doing it for fun and it looked like fun.....so do it and have fun! :D

P.S. all the other guilds suck *sticks 2fingers up at all the other guilds* but thanks for participating, apart from the guilds that arent *points at !!! pointedly* !!! suck :o
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby gravious » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:52 am

Well i, for one, am having a good time in this invasion battle royale! :) Great job Mark for staying up with Syz. I'm doing the best i can...and it's just fun to compete against everyone else. Great idea Phil! :)

~GM Dave~ PKS Guild
gravious

Postby SlimShady » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm

can anybody tell me how much damage Syzygy does per hit? and im amazed on how people enjoy slamming one town, it seems like a lot of fun and shows true power, we should do it more often :)
SlimShady

Postby Fieryshoe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, this is what I do:

You raise your staff to summon a powerful divine light to demolish your opponent.
You critically hit Alien Mothership with Divine Light for 9362906 damage points
Elf Princess used renewal and healed you for 4386 health point
Alien Mothership hit you with Omega Beam for 250000 damage points

You have been defeated by Alien Mothership!

If I do that, then he is probably going in at 10+Mil per hit. I will ask him for you, though.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby SlimShady » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm

O-O thats way more than I could imagine, no wonder ya'll do so much, haha
SlimShady

Postby DrPhil » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 pm

No, don't worry - i'm not planning another one :D (not for a good while anyways)

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all those that participated, you all helped to produce an amazing spectacle. Special thanks to Fireyshoe and Syzgy for rocking it old school and also to D3H for running us so close. I have to thank HEA too for putting up with my constant demands and for being a pleasure to look after. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did.

DrPhil

Postby ToeKnee » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks to DrPhil, he of the sexyface, for the Battle Royale. My previous invasion high score was a mere 6 billion but thanks to you and HEA urging us all on I managed to come up with 21 billion!! I never thought I would push myself that hard for such a tedious game :)
ToeKnee

Postby Fieryshoe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:15 am

This was an awesome week, and I would definitely like to thank Phil and HEA for putting this together. It was awesome to turn the clock back and work around the clock all week so that you can hit your goal. As Phil told me before...I hope the devs can look at this and see how potentially a few tweaks and changes could make the Invasion a really fun thing for us and a money maker for them. I can tell you personally, I must have used about 200+ gems on refills this past week alone...ouch!

Congrats again to HEA for winning overall, and congrats to everyone who hit their new career high for the Invasion. Oh yes, and for those wondering...yes, I intentionally stopped behind Syzygy on Saturday and let him have the title which SHOULD have gone to him anyways. Truth be told, he wanted me to have it, but he was a day and a half ahead of me, and after all he has done for our guild and setting the bar so high for the rest of DW, there was no way I could take HIS title. So, congrats to my good friend Lemuel for tearing down the house once again!

(salute)
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby Kalon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 am

Congrats to HEA. Well earned victory. And also a congrats to D3H for their second place finish. I thought VV had it locked in for second and you guys made a very nice surge and took it away. Well done.

Congrats to Mark and Syz as well. got my first 16bil hitting for about 8 hours and it was about all I could take. Even hitting as hard as they did, they may've put in the most time of anyone. Very impressive. And lots of others. There was a few over 100 bil, and I'm sure there were many out there because of low stats that doesn't look like they did a terribly high amount of damage, but really worked very hard to do what they did.

It was a fun event HEA and thanks for hosting. Hopefully the next update will introduce other things we ourselves can twist and make into events by ourselves just like this.
Kalon

Postby DrPhil » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 am

I'm just really pleased that the thing was a success - i thought a week of click-juice, mad scores and mayhem would be the perfect antidote to the post christmas blues and the result was a pretty exhilarating week. It's always good to see folks breaking new ground in terms of personal achievement, whether it is score or endurance or both. Things are fun if you want them to be fun. Personally, i spent the week racing with a lovely old lady from D3H and we had a cracking time (and that wasn't just her new hip, either) :D

It is my sincerest hope that the devs have observed the weeks events, and that any spike in gem sales/usage/gameplay should stand out like a sore thumb. They have the data and hopefully after analysis will see the sense in modifying the invasion rules and adding new features.

I know some embraced the event more lustily than others and i'm obviously thrilled that HEA won the guild element, but for me this event was much more about participation and creating the right kind of drama. Drama lives in conflict and conflict is for the battlefield.

Once again, a massive thank you to all those that joined in.

DrPhil

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server