Please stop calling Alfred and Eightbit cheats!

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Please stop calling Alfred and Eightbit cheats!

Postby Denzo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

admin wrote:We have actually been monitoring Alfred's play logs for the past few days since we received reports that his stat increases without having mobs going up, and noticed they are using exactly the same methods as the top 3 players (who also can easily get 50 free stats a day). The difference is that he is running away from the mobs instead of fighting them. There is no strong evidence of scripting based on the timing and the play patterns we analyzed so far but they will continue to be monitored.

However, we do plan to address the issue that the game allows infinite free energy refill (plus free gem pileup) when players farm guardian + possessed + chests on mainland town 1-5. The best solution we plan to implement, which does not affect the game play for 99.999% of players, is to limit one set of white crystal trade-in per day.

We all know running away from mobs won't increase your mob kills count however,as stated above he is running away from mobs instead of fighting them but his mob kill rate was still going up by a steady and continuous rate of 16 mobs per minute for long periods of time in excess of 8,10,12+ hours at a time and stats were increasing during this time.Logical explanation anyone as to how mob kills were going up without actually killing any mobs ??
As a result of the complaints received about Alfred and Eightbitpwny allegedly cheating the vast majority of players who play Dream World are instead handed a punishment of only being able to trade in white crystal sets once per day.
This is unfair and unjust towards the majority of Dream World players,to echo what Toulin says this limits peoples abilities to grow like others have done and now makes it EVEN harder for people to play especially with a mist cap of 3k mist per day already in place.It is very easy for people to go through more than 5k energy per day,i have done it or been close to it myself.
Personally if truth be told i can live without having another expansion due out in late March,the reason being i would prefer it if the expansion was postponed and the developers investigated anyone with excessively high stats and this is NOT an accusation to all or anyone with high stats that they have cheated to get them but merely a way to clarify the stats are genuine.

Many times peoples stats have come into question as to how they grew so much so why not do something about and let the developers do a full investigation of your character/toon.

If people have nothing to hide then they wouldn't mind doing the same,if the developers take on this idea which i doubt they will then they can start with me.
My stats are nearly mid 400's (nothing special compared to many others in Dream World) but at least i know mine are genuine and if the developers want to clarify that fact feel free to do so i have nothing to hide as do many many others in Dream World.

No doubt there will be people who will argue against this idea so let the moaning and whining begin now....
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Samra » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:29 pm

People with families, jobs, school, etc who have mob counts that increase 24 hours a day are NOT sitting there actively playing 24 hours a day, just saying. But it is the people who aren't doing this who are getting punished and those that "get away" with it end up being rewarded with high level/stats - it is very demotivating among the general population.
Samra

Postby TomHyberger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Dear Admin,

I'm not the strongest guy on the block yet so could you do more stupid things like this to get those higher than me to quit playing. You've been doing great so far so keep it up!

Rocketing to #1 using Passive Skills since 2/16/12
TomHyberger

Postby pimperator » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 pm

i totally have to agree with toulin. i think its a very sad statement that hard working players who play HONESTLY are eventually the ones who get screwed. i myself spend alot of time playing dreamworld but regulations like that are a slap in the face. all it will accomplish is, that the 3 unnamed players (who might they be DUH!) and the 2 obviously not scripting players (sarcasm emoticon) will have a huge advantage to everybody else and it will be impossible to ever close that gap. then again who cares as the castration of heavy hitters has already taken place...something i have NEVER experienced in any game, and i have played my share.
and concerning the two non-scripters: its not like they've been doing it since yesterday, more like a few months. back then they killed more than double the mobs (each hour, each day, you name it) than the craziest most playing hitters in this game and they were oh so similiar in growing. i wouldnt be surprised if its actually one person behind both accounts. im sure if they had a different username or were in a different guild they would have been monitored and banned way earlier. pretending to watch them now where they have nearly maxed out their stats and gear is a mere joke.
but im not accusing anybody here...in the long run a policy like that will piss off and away honest players from the game. if thats the aim then dreamworld is right on track.

DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY
pimperator

Postby Solomon Grundy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm

So this is the "Get your whites turned in every day, then go play something else" policy? Brilliant! My local library needs new readers to boost their numbers. I've followed Dream World's lead and suggested free eye gouging with every book checked out.
Solomon Grundy

Postby Mutt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I hope we learned our lesson here. First its not our job or place to monitor players or their gameplay. Am I jealous of those better than me...most likely. Do I care how they got there? Probably not....In complaining about said people all it does is hurts the game...they changed the GoD hunting style, they capped mist buying and now whites have been limited. Its my humble opinion we let the developers do what we pay them for and find those problem people themselves. Best they spend their time detecting exploitation and scripting then monitoring movement which they can only speculate with giving that it gives no concrete proof...EVER....Unless these people are causing you harm then leave them to their own fate...
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Atamar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 pm

So with all this said, I wonder will the dev's increase the rate possessed bosses are spawned in the desert again since they lowered it? Im sick of hunting else where. I mean I thought maybe that's why that was lowered was because of turning in whites. Still Id rather see it left how it was. If these guys have that much time to play well good for them. Seems like everything I'm striving for at higher levels is slowly being taken away.

Atamar TM3 Level 87
Atamar

Postby Ruthanne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I feel like I'm in Grade School again. One or Two kids act up and everyone is benched and not allowed to play at recess. Did it work then NO, it only made us resent the Grownups more! Some people can't pay all day, some people who mite have a medical condition or some other reason ( Who knows? ) can play an as much as they want. Unless you have reason to believe their cheating talk to their GM & GO's, if this is not satisfactory enough for you then report it to the Dev's. But STOP Bitching about it in the forum! Your only getting the rest of us benched! :evil:
Ruthanne, :)
Treat others as you wish to be Treated !
Ruthanne

Postby acappella » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 am

Ruthanne wrote:I feel like I'm in Grade School again. One or Two kids act up and everyone is benched and not allowed to play at recess. Did it work then NO, it only made us resent the Grownups more! Some people can't pay all day, some people who mite have a medical condition or some other reason ( Who knows? ) can play an as much as they want. Unless you have reason to believe their cheating talk to their GM & GO's, if this is not satisfactory enough for you then report it to the Dev's. But STOP Bitching about it in the forum! Your only getting the rest of us benched! :evil:

Like Duh! That's what this thread is about :roll:
I'm singing
acappella

Postby DrPhil » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 am

It saddens me greatly to see the way this thread has developed :( as the sad face to the left illustrates.

I think limiting gameplay by restricting the amount of daily energy that can be drawn upon definitely deals with the problem and is in no way unfair to anyone who wants to progress their character. I know for a fact that the one thing people dont want is the ability to compete with heaviest hitters and so i think you are definitely helping the 99.9999% of people that won't be affected by such a forward-thinking game-play change.

I wish more people would deal with problems by bolting the stable door only after the horse has run away.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server