Magic Talisman is ridiculous...

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Magic Talisman is ridiculous...

Postby Denzo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Allura wrote:For the less sexually deprived person, hooters is also a word used to describe birds of the order Strigiformes. Sorry to disappoint you Denzo! :cry:

Ok,firstly I didn't make it a personal attack on you or any of your guild members I merely stated I found your guild name offensive and given that your guild description is as follows and I quote "Join for the hooters, stay for the companionship." this does not suggest anything to do with the ornithological meaning,see my point Allura ??

Secondly,I am afraid it shall be you who is disappointed and not I.

I could type out a long winded reply but seeing as I can't be bothered I will just state a few points instead beginning with....

1 - Hooters is most commonly known as a reference to a female body part thus most people will associate your guild name with breasts/tits/bosoms etc.
2 - I am well aware of the ornithology reference ranging from night owl to laughing owl but not many people are so refer to point number 1.
3 - Do you have justification for slinging about the term "sexually deprived" just because someone states a concern over a guild name in a game which kids play ??
4 - As to how you came to the assumption that someone/people are "sexually deprived" for simply referring to the generic meaning of the term Hooters would be appreciated. (However I do not nor ever expect to get an explanation.)
5 - Maybe we will just leave it for the devs to decide if your guild name is suitable under their Terms of Service rules mainly rule 2 which I'm sure would include guild names also. Would that be okay with you ??

P.S... Think about this before you reply to this,what happens if a kid sees your guild name and asks their mommy or daddy what Hooters means ?? Do you think they will be aware of the definition which you lay claim to be using for the word Hooters ?? Probably not,but I guess then you assume they would know the meaning seeing as you assume people are "sexually deprived" just for knowing the generic definition of the word hooters.

Anyway,I shall leave it there for the time being or until you decide to reply after having thought it through first.But in all honesty it would be just easier and simpler to change your guild name and save yourself all the hassle of something like this ever happening again,unless you do want the devs to intervene and forcibly change the guild name for you ??

Be honest,how many people look at your guild name and say "Oh,they must be referring to ornithology !!" ??

Have a nice day though. 8-)
Bear
No longer a daily player any more,just play when I can and when I feel like it.
Denzo

Postby Penga » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 pm

So this isn't the popular restaurant chain?
Here I was hoping to get some hot and spicy wings.
Damn.... false advertising strikes again....... :lol:
PENGA-PENGA
HEA
Penga

Postby Denzo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:06 am

Penga wrote:So this isn't the popular restaurant chain?
Here I was hoping to get some hot and spicy wings.
Damn.... false advertising strikes again....... :lol:

Afraid not Penga,apparently this is actually a place you join to take part in twitching....allegedly :roll:
Bear
Denzo

Postby Allura » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 am

I could type out a long winded reply but seeing as I can't be bothered I will just state a few points instead beginning with....

1 - Hooters is most commonly known as a reference to a female body part thus most people will associate your guild name with breasts/tits/bosoms etc.
2 - I am well aware of the ornithology reference ranging from night owl to laughing owl but not many people are so refer to point number 1.
3 - Do you have justification for slinging about the term "sexually deprived" just because someone states a concern over a guild name in a game which kids play ??
4 - As to how you came to the assumption that someone/people are "sexually deprived" for simply referring to the generic meaning of the term Hooters would be appreciated. (However I do not nor ever expect to get an explanation.)
5 - Maybe we will just leave it for the devs to decide if your guild name is suitable under their Terms of Service rules mainly rule 2 which I'm sure would include guild names also. Would that be okay with you ??

P.S... Think about this before you reply to this,what happens if a kid sees your guild name and asks their mommy or daddy what Hooters means ?? Do you think they will be aware of the definition which you lay claim to be using for the word Hooters ?? Probably not,but I guess then you assume they would know the meaning seeing as you assume people are "sexually deprived" just for knowing the generic definition of the word hooters.

Anyway,I shall leave it there for the time being or until you decide to reply after having thought it through first.But in all honesty it would be just easier and simpler to change your guild name and save yourself all the hassle of something like this ever happening again,unless you do want the devs to intervene and forcibly change the guild name for you ??

Be honest,how many people look at your guild name and say "Oh,they must be referring to ornithology !!" ??

Congratulations on not posting a long winded reply! :lol:
"Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others."

Allura, GM
Legends of Dreamworld aka H@@TERS (!!!)
Allura

Postby Tonks » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 am

Denzo wrote:

hmmmm...... i'm confused... you mean to say when my guildies were discussing motor boating and hooters, they were not referring to taking a trip down the river with members of !!! :oops:
Tonks - T3A

Tonks

Postby Denzo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:54 pm

@ Allura,judging by your previous reply I presume that was the best you could up with in terms of a response to my reply to your post before that ?? I was right about you not giving an explanation as to how you assume people are "sexually deprived" for knowing a definition of a word.Oh and just to clarify for you in case you missed the point my last post was not long winded,that was actually quite short compared to what I could have replied to you.

@ Tonks,knowing you and some of the guildies in D3H I very much doubt that was what they were meaning at all !! lol ;)
Bear
Denzo

Postby Allura » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Dear Denzo,

It is you that is being presumptive, not I! Copying and pasting your quote does not necessarily mean I partook in the reading of it. Alas, silence is a text that is easy to misread. :ugeek:
"Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others."

Allura, GM
Legends of Dreamworld aka H@@TERS (!!!)
Allura

Postby Pasquale » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 am

^ Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too,

You needsta go... also how do you respond to something without reading it lol
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Soress » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

Pasquale wrote:^ Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too,

You needsta go... also how do you respond to something without reading it lol

Whenever I have to read one of Mark's posts my eyes usually glaze over from the wall of text, so it is possible to respond without reading it =)
Soress

Postby Fieryshoe » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 am

^^

Haters be hatin!
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server