King of Duels Card game idea

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

King of Duels Card game idea

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 am

Since the devs aren't doing anything to make the game more level among the players I've reached out to some of the highest ranking players and asked that once they win the top prize and the Arena Ring if they would step aside and along someone else to win the next round, and so forth and so on. So far with the exception of one person the response has been favorable.

Please, let's make this a fair and enjoyable game for all of us. Let's work together on this.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Re: King of Duels Card game idea

Postby etching » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:59 am

There should be a Hall Of Fame list so we can track who won and when...
etching

Postby Feochadan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:51 pm

This is an excellent idea, Dream Warrior, and I will most definitely support it and follow it! Thank you for your efforts to at least TRY to make this unfair mini-game a bit more fun for all!

Feochadan
Feochadan

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:53 pm

etching wrote:There should be a Hall Of Fame list so we can track who won and when...

Good idea. We may start keeping track of this on http://dreamworldinfoshare.webs.com

So far 2 winners since it started early May. 4 contests so far
Last edited by dreamwarrior254 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Arctica » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:31 pm

HAHA, like I haven't already posted this and then got accused of bitching because I didnt win the 1st one, it won't happen, only a small amount of people on here care about fairness on the King of Duels, and most dont actually care about it
Arctica

Postby Solomon Grundy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 am

As someone who has finished in the top 50 exactly one time:

Under no circumstances should a person simply lay down and stop winning because they are the best. I can't even fathom people wanting that to happen. Why would you want a contest just handed to you? That completely invalidates the accomplishment of winning the King of Duels. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be handed a ring out of pity, which is what this idea is advocating. It's a contest. The best person with the best cards and the best strategy is SUPPOSED to win. If you aren't the best, you aren't supposed to win. We don't ask the Miami Heat to sit out the NBA postseason every year so that the Indiana Pacers can have a trophy too. We didn't ask Muhammad Ali to take a dive so Ken Norton could be champion for a while.

How is the contest unfair? You play under the same rules as everyone else. You have the exact same opportunities to get cards as everyone else. That makes it fair. The only "unfair" thing people see is "Oh my god, they have better cards than me. I cannot win." Boo fucking hoo. Get your ass to farming some better cards and you can win. It's not rocket science. This isn't Little League where Billy and Tommy get a trophy when their team can't score a run all summer. You win or you don't. You beat the best or you get no ring. People can be knocked off the top. It's been done already. Start farming bosses, and stop asking for the arena ring, the best ring in the game, to be handed to you on a silver platter. Those people finishing first owe you absolutely zero mercy. No one laid down for them so they could win. If anything, they owe it to you to continually be challenging opponents for you to overcome, and keep the contest competitive.

Life's not fair, and neither are video games. Someone's always going to have more money, a better job, higher stats, more free time, etc. Begging for mercy doesn't cut it in life, and it shouldn't cut it in Dream World, either. I'm going to farm better cards so that one day I can win myself an Arena Ring legitimately, and I suggest you start farming to improve yourselves, too.

I don't want a free ring. I do not deserve a free ring. No one in this game deserves a free ring.

EARN IT!
Solomon Grundy

Postby Darth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 am

I personally agree with Solomon Grundy, i would love the ring and 100 gems but I want to eran it legit and not be handed one over on a silver plate...

i have played many games and NEVER have i seen or heard of some one asking another to take a dive or sit out because they won some thing.

It would be like me being asked to Stop playing the Fallen in Hells Gate area as i won 7 of them in a row... I only stopped as i wanted to.
The Crazy 1 eyed Demonic Vampire of Gate Destroyers (gds)
Fromally known as Deadpool currantly known as Weapon xXx in DreamWorld

Retired form Time World
Darth

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:47 am

I want to win this contest fair and square, but the contest isn't in any way shape or form fair. I just hope that the game is around long enough for all of us players that don't have the financial resources to purchase the large gem packs and get the high value cards do actually find the best cards that *MIGHT* win the card game.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Postby Brockthe2nd » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:53 pm

At the moment I believe the KoD game is unfair to the majority of players - prehaps a few changes could be done. Maybe one idea is that you are given a random set of cards for the week so that just because you have bought 10+ 6* cards - you have no guarentee that you will win that weeks contest. Maybe another idea is to scrap the ring/gems for the top 50 - allow the ring to be bought from bm/dropped from an mb - possibly for level 101/102 players - rewards then for top 50 KoD players could be a random gear drop.
Brockthe2nd

Postby dilsama » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Or change it and have two levels of competition ... say and "advanced" and "beginner"... alter the drops... and let the arena ring be the top reward for advanced, with gems of course...and then limit it to say, the top 25. All the cards already have a power rating, so come up with a fair split between beginner and advanced. Overall power rating from the top 10 cards would be used to determine which area of the arena one would fight in.
dilsama

Next

Return to Facebook Server