random isnt random in faction wars

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: random isnt random in faction wars

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 pm

toulin wrote:my point being Kalon since i have total lack of understanding as you so Abrasively put it is that all top guilds have to do is wait for the other to gain more points and then join the side with the power or is that what you lacking in understanding? And why would anyone go into VV when mark and syz does the majority of the work for you KALON? altho joe, fred and a few others do contribute. But look what happened to your fame when Mark left for VVA and syz was off for a few days plummeted out of the top 20, so arrogance is fitting for you, or are you just looking to scare of more guilds?? LOL

All the top guilds...can't do that. If they tried...it wouldn't work, because the numbers would force it to be even. Or at least, as close as possible. Its not a perfect system but they are making the best effort they CAN to balance it. The way you talked is that several powerful guilds would all ally in one faction--and that's very hard to do.

A few others contribute, eh?

Know how WPK almost took VV a while back? Guess what happened. You were doing it, then a measly level 87 (at the time, but what's one level?) did 16 bil himself just to prove a point. I posted on our group forum and said hey, let's stop this. A bunch of medium level guys joined in and finally the top guys joined in.

Joe, Fred? Both have slowed down recently to be honest. Yes, they're both still important, totally.

Syz? Dude's a beast...but he doesn't really work on fame all that much. I don't think he'd mind me telling you that. True, sometimes we'll ask him to help us on a mystic or invasion and he's there when we need him. But, he's not doing what you think he's doing.

Mark? Yeah, Mark's insane. Don't know what more to say. He does go crazy on fame and now uncapped city. He's a huge asset.

Fame? Seriously...we rarely care. I'm 88 and when we're building a mystic I'll be asked to come to mines and help raise a mystic. Just recently though. Most of the time people say just work on your stats. We care more about dominating other areas--be it invasion, mystics, or now faction wars. A while back we got serious on it, everyone, and we went over 20k fame. We proved our point...then we dropped like a stone. Because we just didn't try that hard at it.

I'm not denying Syz and Mark being beastly. Or Joe and Fred being major contributors. But, we have more than that. You've never seen Maddess and Jimi tearing through mines for stones. You haven't seen Ben's dedication on Drow, that equipment was WORKED for big time. You haven't seen me, Sorress, and Tombstone raging Orc Mine, then turning and raging through Gnome mine and wiping up Gwyne as Maddess and Jimi finish up Hector. Yeah, 2 big dogs there, doing Hector, I admit it. But see, we help rage...and then we also do Gwyne.

There's a lot more teamwork then you realize. And, Mark's gone quite a bit with his three guild rotation. SOME of our top players have slowed down and that hurt. I'm sure WPK would feel it if you slowed down a great deal.

Before the last month or so...VV missed maybe 1-2 statues. As I said, the last month we slowed down, just waiting for the update to come and put some new life in. We slacked. Earlier we decided to take out ttn's mystic. Guess what happened?

The Executioner 606,447,875
MadMaddes 604,909,252
Fred 603,747,165
Ben 463,533,587
Fieryshoe 121,672,732
IMI 85,651,472
Psycho Llama 69,024,797
Soress 59,108,849
Johny 17,629,198
Kalon 16,132,217

Yep, Mark, Fred, and Joe are there. Mark only did 121 mil...didn't max out. We had 3 that did, pretty much need it in mystics. Ben did some nice damage! Imi did a decent chunk...Soress, Kalon, and Johny jumped in to get the little extra bit we needed.

9 of the top 10 were VV there. 2 that you mentioned maxed out (quick: pick any top guild, name what you think are the top 4 players, and see if they're usually the ones doing top damage on mystics--it ain't just VV). One you didn't mention maxed out, another did a very nice chunk, another got in late and did clean up duty, and a few jumped in and did what they could in the short time it took for the mystic to fall.

Hate to tell ya, but VV ain't just Mark and Syz. They're big parts, as any guild's top two are, but it ain't just them. And even at my "puny" level of 88, I've managed to do 10-16b whenever needed in invasion, I've managed to get quite a few stones for mystics (a while back I joined a guild to help them out and got a mystic up for them--in about 2 mystic build phases, tearing through Gwynes basically myself), I did 10% on a faction fortress earlier, and if we cared about fame all that much I would do 10 queens a day.

VV ain't a guild made out of 4, and no guild in the top 10 are. If you manage to break into the top 10, let me know if you consider everyone below your fifth to be useless, and how they feel about being carried by you, and if they are being carried, why the hell do they want to be in WPK when they're just being carried?
Kalon

Postby Richard Doty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm

10 queens a day. 10 QUEENS A DAY. Try 24 queens, 11 Hectors, and about the same of all the rest every day. Not for a week but every day. That is what THE top guild does. LOL. But you are correct. The whole guild, not just a few players do it.
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Richard Doty wrote:10 queens a day. 10 QUEENS A DAY. Try 24 queens, 11 Hectors, and about the same of all the rest every day. Not for a week but every day. That is what THE top guild does. LOL.

I was talking soloing 10 myself. And considering I'm 11th place in my guild....that'd be 110 queens a day if everyone above me just matched me, that'd be 1,320 fame a day, and over 2 weeks would be 18,480.

I think any guild would be proud of that.

Edit: Fixed a bad sentence that didn't make any sense.
Kalon

Postby Richard Doty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Would be.
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Postby toulin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Boy Kalon you have your big boy pants on dont you? You must forget that i was actually in VV for a few weeks didnt you? And just a Question for you are you actually in the kewl kids chat? Because i dont remember you being in there. and at level 88 i would hope that you would be able to do 10 bil in invasion. But yeah the kewl kids chat is the one that all members do not have access to, like ben and grundy and i believe yourself... So for you to say that your are in remotely in the core of VV is a joke. I have Mad respect for Mark who i have talked to many times on different occasions and also fred and joe and jim who i chatted with for hour(in kewl kids chat) oh wait did i burst your bubble about the seperate chat for the guild sorry you just must not be the kewl one..Lol...And as far as top 10 ty breaking it in your guild before you start talking smack ok? Because wpk will eventually break top 10 again but every member will help and i dont need to do it alone..For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. – Rudyard Kipling
thanks for replying and have a great day
toulin

Postby DrPhil » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I hugged a tree today and felt much better.
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 pm

toulin wrote:Boy Kalon you have your big boy pants on dont you? You must forget that i was actually in VV for a few weeks didnt you? And just a Question for you are you actually in the kewl kids chat? Because i dont remember you being in there. and at level 88 i would hope that you would be able to do 10 bil in invasion. But yeah the kewl kids chat is the one that all members do not have access to, like ben and grundy and i believe yourself... So for you to say that your are in remotely in the core of VV is a joke. I have Mad respect for Mark who i have talked to many times on different occasions and also fred and joe and jim who i chatted with for hour(in kewl kids chat) oh wait did i burst your bubble about the seperate chat for the guild sorry you just must not be the kewl one..Lol...And as far as top 10 ty breaking it in your guild before you start talking smack ok? Because wpk will eventually break top 10 again but every member will help and i dont need to do it alone..For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. – Rudyard Kipling
thanks for replying and have a great day

Nope, didn't forget. The kewl kids chat? You mean the guild chat that all anyone has to do to be in is be in VV and ask? The one where Fred and Joe just talked the most and I saw you in there a bit too? The one that is not at all exclusive? The one that unfortunately was at an all time low due to some unfortunate drama that unfolded right before you left? That was really unfortunate--I thought it was awesome we had Toulin in VV as well, because we do want to be top, and it takes strong people to do that.

When did I ever say I was in the core of VV anyways? I believe I said I managed to help out here and there--not that I'm a dominant force. Just that EVEN I managed to help out.

And nope,no big boy pants here. I worked my ass off for that 10b. It was not easy. If I was a big boy pretty sure it would've. And I'm sure Joseph and a few others slowed down for me to get that 10% on the Fortress today.

And yeah--WPK will be in the top 10. Don't really doubt it. Really got nothing against you or WPK. In fact, if anything ever happened to VV, WPK would've been my first choice (that I've probably blown now).

Just ticks me off when people say VV is only Mark and Syz. They're huge--don't get me wrong. But just because they are...don't insult everyone else. Piti earlier was proud he soloed a Gnome mine in a personal best of 3 minutes--and got us a heal on our statue. If you can't take our statue down in 90 minutes he has the potential to get all 30 heals himself.I'd say that's helpful.

Remember this from a while back?

"Meh"

You're upset at VV's power. I'm annoyed by HEA dominating us in that invasion challenge free for all a while back. Annoyed, but respectful. They did a great job and I was thoroughly impressed. But I'm not gonna go around insulting them and saying it's all Beleg or Thanh because of it. I've seen Sticka in work, afterall, he was also in the "kewl kids chat" for a while. And I know it's more than those two, or three, and that they got some great guild effort.

Forgive me, I'm not as funny as Mutt, so I can't really end this all funny or even a good one liner. About all I can do is a boring and generic, but fitting, "u mad bro?"
Kalon

Postby Richard Doty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm

PHIL * 152,640,995,130 Cos he is soooo cool. ( Sexface for President). I admit to having been paid for edits.
D3H 139,216,228,475
VV 113,106,879,968
Looks like third to me.
Its not how many members you have.
Its about how many players.
Last edited by Richard Doty on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh yeah! D3H also beat us, I couldn't remember who else it was. And mostly because HEA was beating us the majority of the time. D3H came on strong toward the end and by that point I wasn't keeping as close a watch on (since by that point HEA had secured the win).
Kalon

Postby Maria » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:02 am

peeps can I just say that we have no idea how we ended up in the first area last time, it just happened. we actively avoid "bullying" lower guilds - it's just against or principles as a guild.

We ended up in the higher one where we wanted to be this time.
Tracey
Titans

Maria

PreviousNext

Return to Facebook Server