random isnt random in faction wars

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

random isnt random in faction wars

Postby toulin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

well i thought you were supposed to be placed randomly into side when entering the wars, but as i see you go to the lower side, which makes it possible for a couple mega guilds to get together if they wait and have a very unfair advantage. to me random meant there was no way of knowing which side you joined. Am i wrong in the assumption? please enlighten me someone
toulin

Re: random isnt random in faction wars

Postby patrick » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 am

it rather seems some "big" guilds choose to go to the lower zones.. great work, i must say
patrick

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am

Toulin, you have a complete lack of understanding.

You join the lower side automatically to try to balance it out. For example, if VV joins one side, another weak guild joins another...HEA would automatically join the weaker side to try to balance out VVs might.

But, honestly, I guess it only matters for faction level 1. All the big guilds that SHOULD be on side two are too damn scared and ran off to bully the little guilds instead. Next week is it going to be VV versus no one?

Man, I always thought we at VV were the best...but I didn't think we had just crushed everyone else's will to compete against us so completely. Pretty sad...
Kalon

Postby Tonks » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Kalon wrote:
But, honestly, I guess it only matters for faction level 1. All the big guilds that SHOULD be on side two are too damn scared and ran off to bully the little guilds instead. Next week is it going to be VV versus no one?

Man, I always thought we at VV were the best...but I didn't think we had just crushed everyone else's will to compete against us so completely. Pretty sad...

The reason some of the bigger guilds have joined level 1, is so smaller members in the guild can have a chance of playing in the new area and achieving 10% on the boss. Is it fair that we penalise lower level players because we have a few level 90 + players in the guild?

VV are indeed a mighty guild, but how many of the guild are contributing to the faction damage?

A guild is made up of more than a few big players doing all the work and I for one will continue to support the lower levels in my guild.

Kalon........ We aren't running scared from the mighty forces of VV, we just care about ALL members of the guild!!!!
Tonks - T3A

Tonks

Postby Kalon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

I can see your point...but at the same time...

On lower end, top 5 with at least 10% get an item, with a 10% chance of it being the extended set--which is what people would be going after.

On top end, top 5 with at least 10% get an item, with a 20% chance of it being the extended set.

So, on top end, you have to do 2x the damage...but you have 2x the chance to get the better item. So to me, it completely evens out. And since the boss is one of those "no given level types", I suspect you do the same amount of damage per hit to lower or top end (I admit: here, I COULD be wrong--let me know if I am). And as far as credit...you get 2x score for second level, as opposed to 1x score for lower level.

If you do 2 chances of 10%, it isn't really 20% chance of getting it. It's 10%, plus 10% of 90%, which is 9%. So really, lower end only has a 19% shot--VERY slightly lower, but slightly lower anyways.

If I'm right about amount of damage...to me, its the same. If you can get 200 mil you can get 400 mil when it takes everyone else twice as long because it has double the hit points. I don't really see the difference for lower people to help more on the lower boss--especially considering the "true" reward of extended sets is basically better for the upper level.

The only difference I can see is in the mobs. But, once again, considering I asked a few people and everyone has the mobs at +2 levels above them...once again, I doubt that.

EVERYTHING I see supports the two faction levels at actually being identical. Maybe lower end guilds that would REALLY struggle to take a single ship down are at an advantage in level 1 because all they can really do is maybe 1, 1 and a half fortresses total. In that case, YES, I can see doing the lower end. But, again, higher end guilds...I don't see the reason.

So....what am I missing?
Kalon

Postby Mutt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Everything
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Postby Pasquale » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:33 pm

What's VV???
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby Richard Doty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

You are correct the odds of getting good stuff is the same. but it will always be easier for weaker guildies to do 200 than 400.
Stormbringer D3H
Richard Doty

Postby toulin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

my point being Kalon since i have total lack of understanding as you so Abrasively put it is that all top guilds have to do is wait for the other to gain more points and then join the side with the power or is that what you lacking in understanding? And why would anyone go into VV when mark and syz does the majority of the work for you KALON? altho joe, fred and a few others do contribute. But look what happened to your fame when Mark left for VVA and syz was off for a few days plummeted out of the top 20, so arrogance is fitting for you, or are you just looking to scare of more guilds?? LOL
toulin

Postby toulin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh and good one pasquale, love it
toulin

Next

Return to Facebook Server