Dear Devs

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Re: Dear Devs

Postby Arctica » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Money haha I think Darlene, Prolota and Nigel have paided enough on there own for maybe 3 or more expansions
Arctica

Postby coinsey » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:08 pm

:twisted:
Last edited by coinsey on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coinsey

Postby Pasquale » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 am

So "complaining" ie giving feedback.... ie the only way game developers get suggestions and ideas from the players what they want out of a game and it's expansions is because we have too much time on our hands? okily dokily
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby coinsey » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Pasquale wrote:So "complaining" ie giving feedback.... ie the only way game developers get suggestions and ideas from the players what they want out of a game and it's expansions is because we have too much time on our hands? okily dokily

coinsey

Postby admin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:43 am

debann wrote:I have a question. This basically seems to be about there not being enough money available to add new content. I'm curious about how much money it would require for us to get something new. Is there a minimum amount that you would need ? Maybe if we knew how much was required we could figure out a way to fund a new expansion. Thank you.

There is no specific fix revenue that would qualify whether we should add more top-end content (there is already plenty of stuff to do for those who hasn't reached the top), it's more whether adding additional content will make a major difference to the game. I can only say if we see more spending from the current level 100+ players, then it's more likely we would prioritize another expansion from Dream World over other projects.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Fieryshoe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:53 am

Admin,

First off, thank you for your apology. I could nitpick a little with a few minor things, but I will accept your apology and let bygones be bygones.

I wanted to reply almost immediately, but I was still a little hot under the collar, so I decided to cool off for a little while and also think about what else was posted since your reply. There are a few things that I want to say, and I am speaking only for myself, not for anyone else. I suspect many will share my opinion, and some won't, but if you can truly get an idea of how your player base is feeling, perhaps it will change some of your future plans.

There is no specific fix revenue that would qualify whether we should add more top-end content (there is already plenty of stuff to do for those who hasn't reached the top)

The goal for many games is character improvement, getting stronger, upgrading gear and having fun. I disagree with your notion that there is plenty of stuff for people to do. First off, if you have the two main stats for whatever class you have, you cannot get any stronger, you are done. Hell 9 has been out for what, two years now, so if you already have that weapon, you are done. All of the "bonuses" for this game are xp driven, and if you got the weapon you wanted at level 100 or whatever it is from Hell 9, there is NO incentive for you to keep grinding away to 106 other than pride or insanity. For the Atlantis bonus, all you need is to send one strong player to hit there for a half hour or whatever the case may be to secure the bonus for your guild. For faction wars, it is pretty much the same four to six guilds in side 2, and honestly, there is very little suspense to how it is going to play out. Again, by winning you get an xp bonus for your guild. All of the bonuses for this game are xp driven, but what is the rush to level and what is the reward? There is NONE. You can be crazy and rush to get to 106 and all you will get is a pat on the back from a few friends and that is about it. Invasion...well that has been going on for years, and I can't tell you how dreadful that has become. That one is also for an xp bonus, and if you think about it....if you take one person and have them do 5billion damage, they automatically secure a 20 percent bonus for your guild. Winning the town gives you five percent more. So, why should you knock yourself out defending your town other than for pride? VV defends Demon Gate for pride and nothing else. If you take the words literally, there is "plenty of stuff to do" but none of it is current and none of it is FUN, especially if there is no more character progression or improvement going on. Personally, I have been capped for years now on stats, and I have been outright ridiculed by family and friends for continuing to spend money on this game. The only reasons I play are: 1) Because of my guild and 2) The few competitors that are still out there. If there was no DB2, or T3A, or GDS, or WPK or TTN I would have called it quits already. But those competitors won't be around forever. When that competition disappears, I may not quit the game outright but I will STOP spending. You can take a look in your records at what I spend, and you can do the math. When you lose the big players, you are going to lose a big chunk of revenue.

I can only say if we see more spending from the current level 100+ players, then it's more likely we would prioritize another expansion from Dream World over other projects.

That is nice to say, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If you read all of the above, you have to give people incentive to spend, they are not going to throw money at this game if there isn't anything new or current to do. THIS is why you have so many people suggesting unlocking the stat caps. You said earlier that the game was already "broken" with the stats as they are. That isn't our problem. We play the product you give us. I understand about you wanting to preserve the sanctity and purity of this game, but if you want to make money and keep this game going, you HAVE to give us a way to continue improving our characters. Everyone wants to be stronger than the other person, NO ONE wants parity in a game like this. With stat caps unlocked, you will once again have people competing against each other to see who is stronger. People will spend more, and guess what....every other aspect of the game will be revitalized because people will want to "show off." Now, the hot shots that improved their stats will want to flex their muscles again in Invasion, or take to the faction wars to see if they can make the difference in which side wins. But most of all, now everyone has a direct way to compete against each other again. Just about all of the top players have two stats capped, and they keep resetting their stats to "have something else to do." Unlocking the stats, I kid you not, you won't hear people complaining about this game ever again. Have you heard of money grabbing games like candy crush? They make money hand over fist because the players are always competing against each other, no one wants to be below someone else on the leaderboard. That is exactly what will happen in dreamworld if you unlock the stats. You will bring back the fun because now people are going to want to play tons to keep getting those mystery boxes to get more pills. More playtime means more gems are being spent and when people start spending more gems that means $$$ for the developers.

If you are worried about the game being further thrown out of balance, it doesn't have to be that way.
Add another 0 or two or three to all of the bosses. Perhaps, much like you did with the white crystals, put a daily limit as to how many pills you can successfully receive, the number can be whatever you want, 10 or 20, it really doesn't matter. NOW you have people with a reason to log in every day, because they will want to get their 10 or 20 pills. You notice how playtime spikes for the Christmas and Easter events? Why is that? Because you gave people a reason to log in, they don't want to miss out on the mystery boxes. Do the same thing with the stats, and this game will go strong for a long time and the player base will be having fun. People will come back and unretire. I can't tell you how many people capped their two main stats, lost interest, and quit the game. The power boost will have people eager to take on the bosses, more bosses means higher fame, and now guilds will be looking at that leaderboard again.

There is a reason people keep mentioning about the stat caps. I can't speak for others, but for me, the most fun I ever had in this game was increasing my power before my two primary stats were capped. Getting stronger equals fun in this game. If people are not having fun, they are NOT going to spend. For me, the guild aspect and the competition is the only reasons I play this game, but once either one of the two disappears, I stop spending money. Those that still spend money probably will do the same.

This will be the last time I make a plea for the future of the game. If you want more constructive criticism, I will be more than happy to expand on some ideas here or in private if I am asked. I hope you will at least read what I said and consider some of the ideas. Thank you.
The VV Family is currently searching for motivated individuals eager to improve their character. Contact me if you are interested.
Fieryshoe

Postby dreamwarrior254 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 am

How much of the money that the dream world players spend for gems actually goes to support dream world? How much goes to Time Waster, Drag-on Era or Drag-on Wars? Let those games support themselves, and if they don't then you know which game you should shift your priorities towards.
∂яєαм ωαяяισя
GM - Titans
dreamwarrior254

Previous

Return to Facebook Server