Dream World Story

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Dream World Story

Postby Atlas416 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Im asking the Devs help on this one... Ive been looking for awhile but I cant seem to find it. I was wondering if maybe there was a way to pull up the story that was created awhile ago and was posted in the forums. Arion Yeow created it and it was right after the invasion was added. If it is lost then it will very very dissapointing. If it is found i think it needs to be put some kind of DW History cause it depicted a time when DW was still in early development and it brings back memories or when we had the DW World Council and we actually submitted ideas to you guys and people got really excited when you guys added there idea to the game. If there is any way to find it it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly, Atlas[FQT](Creator and Founder of DW World Council)
Atlas[ttn] Creator and Founder of The DW World Council and Co-Founder of Titans(ttn)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/167389729952528/
Atlas416

Re: Dream World Story

Postby Maria » Sun May 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Arion Yeow wrote that, he's still on fb - and I thought Heather and I were the founders of the council
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Atlas416 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Actually I created it and told Heather about it and AY helped keeping track of the votes and posts. Bryan helped with keeping track of the members And i handled complaints and kicked people if needed.
Atlas[ttn] Creator and Founder of The DW World Council and Co-Founder of Titans(ttn)
Atlas416

Postby Atlas416 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:48 pm

All you had to do was look in your previuos msg's..........

[remaining parts of the post censored due privacy concerns]Censored by Admin
[Post has been Uncensored due to complying with The Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521]
Uncensored by Atlas
November 7, 2010
Tracey Lippett

I love the idea of chat and really want to support this ( and you - it's a wonderful idea and I love you for it!) but I am struggling with Riv (who we'd already blacklisted from HEL despite his saying we'd head hunted him - I hadn't and I'm GM, distruths are a bit poor). We sort of blacklisted him because he was so very rude on the DW forum and it's not the way HEL play. Though we'd blacklisted him we hadn't published this because we make a policy of never publishing anything derogatory about anyone. We tell them, themselves, properly. Our list constitutes only about 5 people in total. I (and I'm sure my GO will feel the same) really want to carry on with supporting this chat but we want to talk to others, like Vaughn etc,

I'll stay in because the idea is wonderful and I really want to support what you are doing here X do keep it up - but also keep an eye on who's upsetting others - they may not tell you they are upset 0 it's the internet - they will go quiet.

November 7, 2010
Tracey Lippett
GM chat

Sorry Robert - this was a brilliant idea, and I so love you for it. However, if you ever chuck Riv Swanson out, pls let me know and I would love to rejoin. HEL wants to have a representative in it, to help and support other guilds, but I am not prepared to tolerate his attitude.

November 7, 2010
Robert Fisher

Sorry i was not on but i read back and I did say something to Riv please reconsider coming back. I will monitor Rivs unorthodox method of chatting and if he gets out of hand again then I will have no choice but to kick him from the chat

November 7, 2010
Robert Fisher

Sorry about that i talked with Riv about the issues and he started an argument with AY shortly after that, so i had to let him go, I think Riv is a great guy and an intelligent one as well but his ego overruns both. So i kicked him cause u know as well as i do that it will just be a ongoing argument if not with u it will be with others.
Last edited by Atlas416 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlas416

Postby Arion Yeow » Sun May 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow, this is new to me. I still remember using the forum on the game's facebook group page. Thank you Robert for the link to here.

I'll try to hunt down the old stories although I think they need a lot more polish before being revealed again. Most of them were written hastily and were not properly edited. Or perhaps they might be saved in one of my old hard disks. I'll check and let you know tomorrow if I find anything.
Arion Yeow

Postby Atlas416 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Sweet you rock AY
Atlas416

Postby Maria » Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Please remove that post Robert - I do not want our private conversation from way back when plastered all over the forum
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Maria » Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Thank you
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Atlas416 » Mon May 28, 2012 4:03 pm

[remaining parts of the post censored due privacy concerns]

Are you Moderators kidding me???? Once you send a msg to another person the right to that conversation is void unless you specify in the post this:

This messege is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. The information contained herein is confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or if an attachment is made in error, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the above person by telephone immediately by return e-mail and delete/trash the original message from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you fail to include this in your messege then you waive your privacy rights the moment you click send so I request that you un-censor my post cause it has not been edited nor changed and they are the exact words that were sent. It was posted to clerify the post made prior.
Atlas416

Postby Atlas416 » Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 pm

The law regards each of these situations as distinct.

1. Interception of e-mail during transmission is prohibited by federal wiretap statute, 18 U.S.C. § 2510-2521 and also some state wiretap statutes. The federal statutes were amended in 1986 by Title I of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) to include e-mail.

2. Reading e-mail during storage on a computer system is prohibited by federal statute, 18 U.S.C. § 2701-2711, Title II of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), provided that the system is "providing an electronic communication service to the public." This means, among other things, that your e-mail messages are confidential when stored on a computer owned by an ISP that offers to any member of the public the ability to send e-mail and you pay for the account yourself. But there is no protection in 18 U.S.C. § 2702 for e-mail stored on a computer system operated by a corporation primarily for its own business communications. So, if you send e-mail to a company (e.g., jdoe@ibm.com) and the e-mail is stored on that company's computer, you have no privacy rights under this statute.

3. The recipient of e-mail is generally free to share the information in the e-mail with anyone.

Reading e-mail that is stored on a computer is not an "interception" under 18 U.S.C. § 2510, et seq., because an interception must be contemporaneous with the transmission of the message between different locations. Steve Jackson Games v. U.S. Secret Service, 816 F.Supp. 432, 442 (W.D.Tex. 1993), aff'd, 36 F.3d 457, 460 (5thCir. 1994). This holding has been accepted in several subsequent cases, including Wesley College v. Pitts, 974 F.Supp. 375, 384-390 (D.Del. 1997); U.S. v. Moriarty, 962 F.Supp. 217, 221 (D.Mass. 1997); Bohach v. City of Reno, 932 F.Supp. 1232, 1235-36 (D.Nev. 1996).

One court noted that there is a loophole in Title II of the ECPA, where an unknown person can make a copy of e-mail and give it away, then other people who do not provide an electronic communication service can lawfully make a further distribution of copies of that private e-mail. Wesley College v. Pitts, 974 F.Supp. 375, 389 (D.Del. 1997).
Atlas416

Next

Return to Facebook Server